Player Watch #14 Callum Mills (c)

Remove this Banner Ad

Callum_Mills_2017.4.jpg

Callum Mills

Callum Mills is one of the best young players in the AFL. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2016 AFL Rising Star award and was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in three of his four eligible years. Mills is a small defender with uncompromising courage who’s also capable of shifting through the midfield. The New South Welshman was elevated to Sydney’s leadership group during the 2018 pre-season at the age of just 21, and he’s now a member of a five-man leadership panel alongside co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Lance Franklin.

Callum Mills
DOB: 02 April 1997
DEBUT: 2016
DRAFT: #3, 2015 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

Never forget the game
He played in 22 as a mid 37 and 1 against hawthorn in a come back from 30 plus down ..
Was unbelievable did the lot and was hard and strong in every contest be up there with the best on ball performances I’ve seen .. always remember it.
Is it enough to help us dunno
Sheldrick added for grunt is it enough
Trade some one still don’t think it’s enough ..
Team is cooked in the scone need bigger changes horse and hole new outlook in my opinion

Never forget the game
He played in 22 as a mid 37 and 1 against hawthorn in a come back from 30 plus down ..
Was unbelievable did the lot and was hard and strong in every contest be up there with the best on ball performances I’ve seen .. always remember it.
Is it enough to help us dunno
Sheldrick added for grunt is it enough
Trade some one still don’t think it’s enough ..
Team is cooked in the scone need bigger changes horse and hole new outlook in my opinion
Happy for him to play the Rowbottom role so Rowbottom and Sheldrick can be the main extractors to Heeney/JMac types

What does that mean in practice though, keep Gulden to a wing. Warner and Heeney play more time forward? Tay remains a depth player?
We trade Warner out now whilst he has value.

Gulden spends most of his time on a wing or on the bench. Our CBA trio is Mills a stopper with Heeney and Rowbottom extractors. At general stoppage they try to get the ball to the wings and HFFs that push up.

Adams would be in that midfield mix depending on the rest of the line up. But our current midfield mix needs more grunt. I think Rowbottom is that grunt if we play him less of a defensive mid

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #14 Callum Mills (c)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back