smoovy

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
God's country
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC AUFC
Sick of him just floating about, basically just making up numbers.

That's really has been his career, rarely has been outstanding where he features among best players, rarely does he have horrendus games that cause him to be dropped. If he didn't have the blonde rinse you wouldn't know he was out there.

He needs a change or a rocket. I say push him down back where he can see the play in front of him, get him to use his run and carry and use the ball well. He could be used in like a Bob Murphy role for the Bulldogs.

Otherwise drop him.

Been dissapointing and hasn't really made the step up. He's been at a 'decent' level for his whole career so far really. He's no spring chicken now, getting towards the middle of his career. He just doesn't get involved enough. The thing going in his favour is he's a good user of the ball and provides run and carry and we don't have many on our list at all. A big reason why I think he's not really going to do much at AFL level is because he lacks that explosive pace for an outside runner. He likes to run and carry but he's not exactly express and that's a concern when you're an outside player. Was also a big reason why he was drafted late in the draft as well.

Another week, another player on the chopping block. I can only imagine what it will be like when we start losing
Quality contribution right there!! :thumbsu:

I think you'll find most people with a footy brain will realise he's been garbage all year, and last year, probably the year before too, with only the odd truly damaging game thrown in. So overrated it's sad.

Another week, another player on the chopping block. I can only imagine what it will be like when we start losing

He was on the chopping block last week and put in another sub-standard performance - given both matches were wins, there's something terribly wrong here.

He needs to be dropped NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Send him a freaking message!

He's done. Trade him at seasons end for anything we can get.

Absolutely useless player now, talk about a list clogger.

Mate, you're overreacting big time.

He's clearly a mile off his best, though I think he might have been assigned a job tonight. Needs more games in those legs, as does Porplyzia. Hopefully both can find some form in the second half of the season.

What has gone wrong?

Looked like being a jet. Quick, clean skills, takes the game on.

There's nothing more disappointing that seeing players that you think are going to be A Grade mids fall away into bit part players - Mackay, Douglas, Reilly.

One of the reasons Vince has been struggling since 2009 is that he still cops tags. The load isn't being shared because players like the affore mentioned three and van Berlo, Knights just haven't risen to anything resembling A Grade or even B Grade quality. Opposition would not spend a millisecond of time worrying about these players.

Thank goodness for Sloane and also thank goodness Neil's gone and Dangerfield is now allowed to play in the midfield. Need more though. Smith plus Kerridge and Lyons need games if we're to develop a genuine quality midfield.

What has gone wrong?

Looked like being a jet. Quick, clean skills, takes the game on.

There's nothing more disappointing that seeing players that you think are going to be A Grade mids fall away into bit part players - Mackay, Douglas, Reilly.

One of the reasons Vince has been struggling since 2009 is that he still cops tags. The load isn't being shared because players like the affore mentioned three and van Berlo, Knights just haven't risen to anything resembling A Grade or even B Grade quality. Opposition would not spend a millisecond of time worrying about these players.

Thank goodness for Sloane and also thank goodness Neil's gone and Dangerfield is now allowed to play in the midfield. Need more though. Smith plus Kerridge and Lyons need games if we're to develop a genuine quality midfield.

^^^ this ^^^

however I am yet to completely write off D-Mac.

With so much time out of the game I do believe that D-Mac only needs that one confidence building game to regain confidence and we will up and running again

One of the reasons Vince has been struggling since 2009 is that he still cops tags. The load isn't being shared because players like the affore mentioned three and van Berlo, Knights just haven't risen to anything resembling A Grade or even B Grade quality.

Including van Berlo in that group is about as ****ing stupid as you could get.

Mate, you're overreacting big time.

He's clearly a mile off his best, though I think he might have been assigned a job tonight. Needs more games in those legs, as does Porplyzia. Hopefully both can find some form in the second half of the season.
Other than the exclamation marks, it's not too big an over reaction.

He's contributing as much as a junior player could. If he's not going to show what he's had glimpses of, then we should be playing someone with more potential.

I say he gets until the bye to show it, if not drop and trade him.
Package him with Knights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quality contribution right there!! :thumbsu:

I think you'll find most people with a footy brain will realise he's been garbage all year, and last year, probably the year before too, with only the odd truly damaging game thrown in. So overrated it's sad.

Most footy people with a brain...except our match committee and coach. A coach with 200 games of AFL experience, years as an assistant coach with a highly successful Geelong outfit whom in his brief coaching career has won a pre season flag and is now 4 and 1.

So he, that one, the coach thinks Mackay has a role to play but you with your hysterics every week about who should be dropped, traded, never let near the club again...you have a footy brain.

Good onya

Was injured for a large chunk of last year and when he came back into the side towards the end we played a lot better for his contribution.

At his best he is a line-breaking rebounding defender who can slice the opposition up.

At his worst he's still definitely not trade bait.

Watched the whole game tonight and really can't recall him doing anything outstanding.

Stats were 11 Dis 6k 5h 3m 7t 0.1
He was 2nd top tackler with Pets on 8. Look he played his part, but the title really does sum him up at the moment.

Stats after 5 games admittedly against lower sides, but....
79 Dis 41k 38h 17m 31t 1.2

Maybe he is playing a different role as his tackling is through the roof. There's quality in him, just getting the breaking the lines and delivering to the forward line we would like to see more often.

Now Otten on the other hand...

Including van Berlo in that group is about as ****ing stupid as you could get.

Really? Is VB seen as an A grader and a mid to worry about who his tagged by the opposition? No.

A good ordinary footabller and that is all.

Could very well be a great leader but I can't comment on that as on the field it doesn't look it.

I was a huge VB fan in the early days but he just hasn't come on as well as expected. Douglas can claim to be a better player and he was also named in that group.

Must admit MacKay has puzzled me, have been a huge fan but his form this year has been ordinary. Some say he may have a different role, but surely he is one of our best outside runners who can deliver the ball beautifully.

Here's hoping he comes good.

Really? Is VB seen as an A grader and a mid to worry about who his tagged by the opposition? No.

A good ordinary footabller and that is all.

Could very well be a great leader but I can't comment on that as on the field it doesn't look it.

I was a huge VB fan in the early days but he just hasn't come on as well as expected. Douglas can claim to be a better player and he was also named in that group.

I know its unfashionable to give him any credit what so ever, but theres no way in hell van Berlo is worse than a B grader. Is also a better player than Douglas, despite Dougy's best and fairest.

vB is actually a pretty good player, no matter how much that upsets some of you.

Just checking if you were awake.

It's like macca23's "Matthew Smith" alarm clock.

I actually have it set so Bigfooty sends me a text message if a negative post is made about the skipper.

Had to leave my phone on silent for large stretches of last year.

I actually have it set so Bigfooty sends me a text message if a negative post is made about the skipper.

Had to leave my phone on silent for large stretches of last year.

Ive subscribed to this service as well, though mine goes off whenever someone irrationally overstates his viability as captain.
You cost me $43.65 in excess sms charges last month alone.

Ive subscribed to this service as well, though mine goes off whenever someone irrationally overstates his viability as captain.
You cost me $43.65 in excess sms charges last month alone.

Yep, you're in a position to discuss rationality. You bring alot to the table on that front. *starts thread bagging player based on game I havent seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Back