Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

He used to be a one touch player, composed under pressure, good side step and elite ball user on both sides.

For most of this year he has constantly overrun the ball, panicked under pressure and butchered the ball something silly, all while spending triple the amount of time on the deck.

Don't agree at all that he's playing like he's always played.
He’s definitely not the player he was, he’s lost some zip and penetration in his kicking.

Blazes away far too often, rather than going to a teammate in a better position.

29 at the start of next year, has had quite a few soft tissue injuries, which hasn’t helped.

I guess his major weapons (kicking, run/carry) are diminishing with age and he doesn’t have a contested ball game to fall back on.

Yze seems like a guy happy to throw the magnets around a bit, Short might need a positional change to revive him, he did play forward as a junior and very early in his career, might be time to throw him that challenge for a few weeks.
he's not a pressure forward! he has a damaging kick yes but every team knows that now and are onto it anything just outside 50! other than that i find it hard to find him his position on the field! he doesn't have the tank to be on a wing!

but lets not pussy foot it/sugar coat it - this seasons while interrupted for him has been terrible! goes to ground way to easy, cant tackle with any ferocity and easily broken, kicks to no one under pressure - he doesn't even look up field if you watch closely! out marked or outpointed in most contests!

he does carry some value however and teams would be eager to get someone like him who are close to a flag. but no one would give anything more than a late second rounder

Rowan Atkinson Throw GIF by Working Title

wtf has happened to him? Everything he touches turns to absolute shit…

He can’t defend for shit, he refuses to go in for the hard ball

Just a pure liability squib atm… shame cos he’s such a weapon when on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got bagged earlier in the year and had a heap of bull dust stats thrown to me on how wonderful this bloke is. He’s constantly the number one player with low pressure acts, cheap useless disposals and lots of turnovers. If a club can take his three year pay I’d be happy with a third rounder. List clogger of the highest order.

Such a shame. Not having a great year - but I think it is more reflective of how the side is travelling though.

Similar to D.Rioli a while back, I suspect he needs a change up.
Thought he was fantastic when he got moved to the midfield in 2022.

Yze not getting the best out of a lot of the senior blokes though.

Absolute disgrace- never seen a player give less than he has this year. Has shown no heart.

First trade. If we get a pick under 30 we should sell. Disgrace.

Definition of downhill skier and we have plenty of uphill climbing still to go. Not needed.

Jayden Short for Jacob Konstanty and some pick upgrade.

First trade. If we get a pick under 30 we should sell. Disgrace.

Definition of downhill skier and we have plenty of uphill climbing still to go. Not needed.

Jayden Short for Jacob Konstanty and some pick upgrade.
If we find anyone willing to take his contract we should sell at any price.

wtf has happened to him? Everything he touches turns to absolute shit…

He can’t defend for shit, he refuses to go in for the hard ball

Just a pure liability squib atm… shame cos he’s such a weapon when on
He was a forward with a beautiful set shot we turned him into a defender who cant defend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back