Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Up to his usual standards today. His first contest, oops slip Collingwood goal. He has been consistent all year, I will give him that.

He's scared of his own shadow this bloke.

Was luckily surrounded by an elite team which hid a lot. He’s being found out now.

Shorty is a good footballer. We've seen him play some excellent football ever since we took him in the rookie draft in 2014. I couldn't be more disappointed in the way he has been playing lately. I give the senior players some leniency at the moment because I understand it is tough to find motivation at the moment where we just want the season to end and we are going through the motions. But as a leader of our football club, one of the three vice captains, his season has been an utter disaster.

Shorty is a good footballer. We've seen him play some excellent football ever since we took him in the rookie draft in 2014. I couldn't be more disappointed in the way he has been playing lately. I give the senior players some leniency at the moment because I understand it is tough to find motivation at the moment where we just want the season to end and we are going through the motions. But as a leader of our football club, one of the three vice captains, his season has been an utter disaster.

It's time for 1x captain and 1x vice captain too- get rid of this rubbish of splitting it to appease everyone

he’s not a good footballer anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is in the team round 1 next year I believe we have a moron as a coach if he can’t see what we see then the club is in trouble

If he is still at the club next season I will be seriously pissed off. He makes mistake after mistake which very often lead straight to goals for the opposition. Just can’t be allowed to go on.

Fair to say I am not a fan of Jayden's "efforts" lately. Watching him pre-game, he seems to really struggle in all the ground ball drills they do. I suspect he may be carrying a back injury. If so, he has become a liability and needs to be rested. There are plenty of kids who can play in his place. On the otherhand if he is not injured and this is his standard, then he needs to be jettisoned asap.

If he is still at the club next season I will be seriously pissed off. He makes mistake after mistake which very often lead straight to goals for the opposition. Just can’t be allowed to go on.
Good thing he's contracted for another 3 years then.

Please someone take him. We'll pay his entire wage.

Short was always the main run and receive player for us off half back. Rioli does that best now so Short goes looking for possessions, anywhere he can. He calls for balls he shouldn't and then has to bomb it around the corner, or he gets the ball under pressure.

He has never been particularly good under pressure, but that is compounded with the lack of quality around him and his confidence has deserted him therefore. He is making basic errors that reserve grade players don't make.

Baker should have gone back months ago and Short forward.

Short was always the main run and receive player for us off half back. Rioli does that best now so Short goes looking for possessions, anywhere he can. He calls for balls he shouldn't and then has to bomb it around the corner, or he gets the ball under pressure.

He has never been particularly good under pressure, but that is compounded with the lack of quality around him and his confidence has deserted him therefore. He is making basic errors that reserve grade players don't make.

Baker should have gone back months ago and Short forward.
Should've been dropped months ago and could've regained form in the twos. Too scared to take a bump and just bombs it or hospital handballs it. Even under no pressure he does this and doesn't look for the best option and it then comes back with interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back