Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a poor year but **** me the pile on is over the top. B&F winner in a premiership year is as good as it gets. I'm backing him in to find some good form next year.
If Rioli is gone, then hopefully he plays half back and returns to his previous form. We won't even notice Dan has left if that happens.

What's similar player got to do with it? Lynch is unique. Dusty is unique. Rance was unique. When they are injured or retire you put the best magnet in their spot and hope for the best. No similar substitution available.
Agree , I’m just saying I’ve not considered him as a forward tbh. That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t or couldn’t do it. From memory I think he had some time in the middle as an under 18? With some great passing to the forwards. But I may be wrong.

All he has to do is take the pressure of the kids and add something at the AFL level.

I don't care is Shorty gets smacked around bit. I care if some 18/19 year old gets smacked around.

yes he is outside and not a hard nut. He still plays the role in rebuilding our team for 5 years from now. That is what matters now. We aren't winning anything in the near term, But if we can develop our new draftees quickly then we will rebound with a vengeance and hopefully have a long period of contention.

So that he is soft etc, I don't care about. He has a role for a the next few years to help build our kids.

Please explain?

You've acknowledged he's soft and doesn't get near a contest, so how he is stopping anyone else from getting a 'smacking'?

They're in the direct line of fire doing what he should be doing.

At 29 early next year, he's not about to start crashing packs, laying shepherds and protecting teammates when he hasn't done it his whole career.

His one trick pony act of running past for cheap handballs is past its use by date as everyone cottoned on three years ago.

Please explain?

You've acknowledged he's soft and doesn't get near a contest, so how he is stopping anyone else from getting a 'smacking'?

At 29 early next year, he's not about to start crashing packs, laying shepherds and protecting teammates when he hasn't done it his whole career.

His one trick pony act of running past for cheap handballs is past its use by date as everyone cottoned on three years ago.
Your last sentence is right now as every coach worked it out after around mid 22 . A bloke just follows him now and puts a slight bump on him and he torches it. He doesn’t have the space or freedom anymore and this is why he’d still fail as a small forward bc he wouldn’t get off the leash enough. He’s not skilled enough to win his own ball and finally he would offer less forward defensive pressure than what people are bagging Cumberland for doing.

Please explain?

All I am saying is that he can fill a role to help the young guys develop. If he is as useless as you say then we shoot him.

In my mind Short fills a role and in doing so helps the kids develop.

That's it.

I'm not coming back in this, it is pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back