Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown and Keefe are better players.

If Collingwood were to target any of our players it would be Daw (again). They should get Jesse White.

He's that Devon Smith/Dion Prestia size where what you get in year 1 is a fair indication of what you'll be getting long term as well.

He's that Devon Smith/Dion Prestia size where what you get in year 1 is a fair indication of what you'll be getting long term as well.

Prestia has improved massively this year.

And just quietly, based on what I've seen this year I don't rate Ben Kennedy at all.

We should just put a line through anyone under 180cm that doesn't have sublime skills and pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia has improved massively this year.

I knew someone would notice that. I'm talking more about how they pick up the pace of the game. Also, Prestia was sub a lot and had hamstring trouble early. His class was obvious.

Harvey was skinny. Completely different type. Libba also entirely different.

We should just put a line through anyone under 180cm that doesn't have sublime skills and pace.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not but you're pretty much spot on. How many AFL players are out there who are short, can't kick and lack pace?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not but you're pretty much spot on.

I am being dead serious.

We haven't recruited a midget for a long time. Big body, large frame, pace, endurance are all the rage. We just physically dominated Collingwood in the last round who have a cluster **** of sub 180cm mids and running players and they were physically intimidated by a Port side in the elimination final.

it is fine to have a silky smooth small dude in the side, but a lot of talented guys slide in the draft, because they are too small, they have a small body. Every time Adams goes into the middle he has his arms pulled out of their sockets like he is an insect or he has wrapped up like he is a mummy. They just can't take the punishment. I love Boomer and Patch but you can't have too many players like that, you have to be very selective when recruiting a smaller player.

The modern outside midfielder is starting to push 190cm and be 85kg+, you need something special to be in the running with players like that. Must have sublime skills, crazy agility and pace.

I knew someone would notice that. I'm talking more about how they pick up the pace of the game. Also, Prestia was sub a lot and had hamstring trouble early. His class was obvious.

Harvey was skinny. Completely different type. Libba also entirely different.

It's almost like you're suggesting every player should be considered on a case by case basis...

With Luke Delaney as good as gone, get Josh Bruce from GWS! he is in his early 20's stands 197cm tall and tips the scales at 93kg. He would be a really, really good pick up

When Luke goes, we will need a semi decent CHB/FB as insurance for Grima or Thompson and I think Josh Bruce fits the bill perfectly

I just found your description of him funny. Gave the impression that your knowledge of him extends as far as a google search. Which is fair enough. I won't lie, I thought he was a key forward. Either he changed positions this year or I'm thinking of someone completely different.

With Luke Delaney as good as gone, get Josh Bruce from GWS! he is in his early 20's stands 197cm tall and tips the scales at 93kg. He would be a really, really good pick up

I don't know much about GWS defenders but you would think 2 years of experience as a GWS defender is worth about 5 years given how much of the ball is in their back half. :p

I dunno though, what I have read is that he is athletic as well. But, what is it going to cost? If we have to trade for NDS and we have to give good currency to get Junior then what exactly do we have as bargaining chips?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back