Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

I am happy that Grima has got another contract, it is a shame his body has let him down.

I am not sure what is going to happen with Car Keys or Kennedy, perhaps they will want to find opportunity elsewhere, I hope not. I think we should be resting Thompson, Hansen and Grima against weaker opposition and giving more game time to Car Keys and Cam. I think when Grima plays too much consecutive footy he becomes prone to injury. I think more frequent rests vs weaker teams will give him more time to recover, I don't mean play in the VFL, just given time off to recover.

Normally I wouldn't be for that, but our depth is good enough to play it smart, we seem to be pushing our players hard and late every year we seem to cop a lot of injuries.

Disagree, I don't like to fall into the hype of bs that goes on throughout this forum, I do not see Luke as a starting KPD in a top 6 team, which is what I see us getting to in the next couple years. Purely depth for mine.

Reminds of Micky Martyn , I don't believe that's a bad thing.

Top six in two years? Would in my opinion be a massive fail, the standard of AFL footy ( remembering we now require an extra eighty odd footballers) is bloody average.

You'll be told otherwise of course, shit I wish I had my time again not only would I be the Cpt of the Egyptian team of the century , I'd have at worst equalled Fred Fanning's goal kicking record while drinking a Bourbon and coke.

This is not taking away from Luke he'll be ok!

Won't play in a winning GF side so let go and get a draft pick who might.

Sides already are letting him get the ball free in defence like they did with Rawlings.

He was like the Aus dollar in April..... Time to Sell !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was this in response to?

Brad was asked in the presser whether the last couple of games presented an opportunity for Luke to prove himself with Thompson and Grima out.

His opponents over his career:

J.Brown - 4
S.Reid - 1
K.Tippett - 3
S.Day - 0
S.Crameri - 1
D.Stewart - 1
L.Keefe - 0
B.Hall - 5
T.Hawkins - 4
S.Reid - 0
T.Lynch - 1
Q.Lynch - 1
Jo.Roughead - 0
J.Schulz - 7
J.Brown - 2
L.Franklin - 5 (in no time, fair chance he had goals kicked on him by others as well)
J.Koschitzke - 0
Cox/NN - 3
C.Dawes - 0
K.Bradley - 0 (Bradley was injured early and subbed, Delaney was later subbed)
I.Folau - 1
N.Vardy - 2
L.Johnston - 1
J.Danhier - 0 (4 behinds)
J.Roughead - 4
B.Reid - 5

Did OK against some genuine duds but struggled badly every time he came up against quality.

For those playing at home, Grima conceded less than a goal a game this year. I'll take him over this 'gorilla' every day of the week.

He's 24 and has had 5 years on the list. He won't suddenly become a gun. Lacks athleticism and skill. Good luck to him. I hope he prolongs his career with a team like St Kilda or Brisbane who are desperate for a stopgap measure.

Every time he had the ball I would panic, not much of a footy brain and panics under pressure. Will be ok at saints and may improve but I doubt we will miss him. The game against essendon convinced me he ain't very good, daniher killed him on the leads, one on ones and actually lost him a few times when daniher marked the ball 5 metres in front of Delaney .

His opponents over his career:

[snip]

Did OK against some genuine duds but struggled badly every time he came up against quality.

For those playing at home, Grima conceded less than a goal a game this year. I'll take him over this 'gorilla' every day of the week.

He's 24 and has had 5 years on the list. He won't suddenly become a gun. Lacks athleticism and skill. Good luck to him. I hope he prolongs his career with a team like St Kilda or Brisbane who are desperate for a stopgap measure.
Glad you're not handling our negotiations.

You're doing it wrong.

He's a genuine AA-quality FB and we will only accept a top 10 pick for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back