Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah come on... let's be realistic here... Brown is all class, Brownlow Medal prospect if he... um.... i duno let's say he found Jesus and became an entirely new person :rolleyes:

So let's say u send Riewoldt to North and u can have Browny... Savvy? :p

Nah come on... let's be realistic here... Brown is all class, Brownlow Medal prospect if he... um.... i duno let's say he found Jesus and became an entirely new person :rolleyes:

So let's say u send Riewoldt to North and u can have Browny... Savvy? :p
You're taking the piss right?

For them to get Brown they at least have to give us Riewoldt, Kozchitske and 1st Rounder

It looks like he'll be someone who'll be traded - given that he's been dropped i favour of Hansen for the finals. He's only 25, has played 172 games and kicked 21 goals this year. A team in need of a tall player may find him useful. Maybe the Bulldogs? He can play forward or back, and looks like he needs a change of club to bring out his best.

Looking at the wikipedia draft page - we gave Freo pick 13 for Brown (they got Schammer). We gave Pickett to Port for 13 & 31, then ontraded 13 to Freo for Brown. Basically we got Brown + pick 31 (Joel Perry) for Pickett.

Is Brown under contract? Who else is coming out of contract?

IHe's only 25, has played 172 games...

I must say, I had to double-check that. The number of games shocked the poo out of me.

*Debuted at Freo at age 18*
2000 - 21
2001 - 21
2002 - 21
*Traded to North - Debuted at age 21*
2003 - 22
2004 - 21
2005 - 23
2006 - 21
2007 - 22

For a key position player (in Leroy's case we of course use the term loosely) to have that sort of durability means they're either a superhuman physical specimen or don't put themselves at risk enough, either in terms of bash and crash or pushing to the limit.

Hmmm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back