Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu:

With all respect, the consensus on here was that Watt played well, escpecially considering how often it was coming down there.

As for Brown, he played far more games this season than he should have. He should be thankful for that. On the plus side for him, I think he would make an outstanding addition to the Dogs playing list. :thumbsu:

Why are you offering that post respect? It was surely a piss take. Wasn't it?

The guy is a bum and should never play afl again!

People on this board are always suggesting that he could be included in trades to gain quality player..... this is barbaric!! if north don't want him, no-one will. I am sick and tired of reading people's suggestions that he could be involved in a trade to lure a great player.

Height, experience and age are all on his side. If we trade him for someone's third rounder in a weak draft (which has been touted here several times recently), I will spew.

He has the tools to be of value on the trade market.

he is a waste of salary space and a waste of time. IMO it is worthwile trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. late picks have proven to be somewhat handy eg. hird pick 70. not saying that we will get a hird, but its worth taking the risk if it pays off. the club should spend their time developing a youngster rather than wasting it with a 'never has-been'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Brown has value, whether you like it or not.

A KPP who was pick 5 in the 1999 draft and has played 171 games. He played 21 games for the side that finished third this year and kicked 21 goals despite playing half the season in defence.

He isn't of value to us right at this moment but there are teams that need KPP players desperately and would certainly be willing to trade a third or fourth pick for him.

Just because he isn't a great player doesn't mean he isn't worth anything ;)

I say play him alongside Thommo - TWIN TOWERS us-up babbbbyyyyyy.... Thommo will take the best defender & then Brown will be freed up & with his lovely kicking, who knows.......

Because the only thing that has stopped Leigh Brown from being a 100 goal a year key forward is that he has had the best defender on him his whole career. :rolleyes:

Because the only thing that has stopped Leigh Brown from being a 100 goal a year key forward is that he has had the best defender on him his whole career. :rolleyes:

I'm glad someone agrees with me. He kicked six in a game once.

The guy is a bum and should never play afl again!

People on this board are always suggesting that he could be included in trades to gain quality player..... this is barbaric!! if north don't want him, no-one will. I am sick and tired of reading people's suggestions that he could be involved in a trade to lure a great player.

I disagree.....if we were to offer Brown + our first round draft pick we may get a dozen used Sherrins and a box of oranges in return :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #16: Leigh Brown - 68 games for FFC - sent to NM 02 - 113 NM games - delisted end '08 - 63 CFC games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back