Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher - 36d & 6 marks vs WCE - his best game for NMFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Hawthorn small/mid sized forwards get up the ground and then sweep back to goal I couldn't help but think this where Fisher should be playing for us. I haven't put a line through him yet.

I think he's being pretty harshly judged.

He wasn't exactly Byron Pickett, but he certainly wasn't Dylan Stephens either.

He's contributed more better games in single season than most people will ever remember Darcy Tucker for in a North jumper also.

His games against Gold Coast and West Coast were near BOG performances, with probably another 3-4 really solid games this season.

As others were said, Daniel coming in, Goater back and pre-season into Hardiman might provide the ability to throw him in a few other positions. He's definitely good enough to be a squad player imo.

Safe to say that he's not "getting serious" this off-season. Senior players that make a habit of having benders, probably aren't the type of characters that we need around our young players. But hey, what do I know!

4Y with the option of a 5th might be up there with the worst contracts our club has offered.
Lol is this from your itk mate that absolutely exists, definitely has real info, and has definitely passed onto someone posting it anonymously online

I find it so fascinating that people can just come on this board, anonymously accuse our players of serious shit based on 'sources' and then people will/should just accept it as true based on their pre conceived ideas of a player. And it's not the first time either, after posting serious (anonymous) unprofessional allegations about our ****ing skipper the other day

Oh did I say fascinating? Sorry, I meant ****ed up

The trading in of Daniel has made this guy redundant.

Shit list management.

Stephens also surplus with McKercher moving to a wing.
Because we dont need depth.

No one is going to get injured,

Heck, Clarko should just pick his best 23 and tell the others to go.

Good thinking TPA.....I wish our Coaching group were smart like you....

I think he's being pretty harshly judged.

He wasn't exactly Byron Pickett, but he certainly wasn't Dylan Stephens either.

He's contributed more better games in single season than most people will ever remember Darcy Tucker for in a North jumper also.

His games against Gold Coast and West Coast were near BOG performances, with probably another 3-4 really solid games this season.

As others were said, Daniel coming in, Goater back and pre-season into Hardiman might provide the ability to throw him in a few other positions. He's definitely good enough to be a squad player imo.
Syd Barker 2024 Tucker 11th (114 votes) Fisher 18th (65 votes). Even Shields was ahead of him. This is what the coaches rated him. 8 Kangas got at least 1 Charlie vote this year. Fisher did not trouble the umpires (not that they are great judges after Crippsgate and X with only 1 vote).

This is a shared failure by the recruitment team, and the back line coach for playing him in a position he should not be in. He needs to take ownership as well.

What I don’t understand was why a left foot player was always asking for a cheapie ball on the right hand side of a team mate still deep in the back line coming out of defense. Your options then (as a guy with no right foot) was to kick down the line, or send it over the boundary line on the full. Caleb Daniel will solve this as he is great on both sides and can extract himself from a tight phone box, remain calm and still hit up a team mate.

Your obsession with trying to rid this place of ITK is pretty tiresome.

If you want to moderate this place, become a moderator.
I'm not trying to rid anywhere of anything. Just calling out bullshit when I see it

Also ****ing lol at you referring to yourself as itk

I find it so fascinating that people can just come on this board, anonymously accuse our players of serious shit based on 'sources' and then people will/should just accept it as true based on their pre conceived ideas of a player. And it's not the first time either, after posting serious (anonymous) unprofessional allegations about our ****ing skipper the other day

Oh did I say fascinating? Sorry, I meant ****ed up

It isn't bullshit though. You just hope that it is bullshit.

Syd Barker 2024 Tucker 11th (114 votes) Fisher 18th (65 votes). Even Shields was ahead of him. This is what the coaches rated him. 8 Kangas got at least 1 Charlie vote this year. Fisher did not trouble the umpires (not that they are great judges after Crippsgate and X with only 1 vote).

This is a shared failure by the recruitment team, and the back line coach for playing him in a position he should not be in. He needs to take ownership as well.

What I don’t understand was why a left foot player was always asking for a cheapie ball on the right hand side of a team mate still deep in the back line coming out of defense. Your options then (as a guy with no right foot) was to kick down the line, or send it over the boundary line on the full. Caleb Daniel will solve this as he is great on both sides and can extract himself from a tight phone box, remain calm and still hit up a team mate.

Is this the same Syd where the coaches deemed Zurhaar 6th and McDonald 9th and GW didn’t feature in the top 10 and only just ahead of Fisher in 16th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll take from the insults and the three successive posts (plus an edit) in 4 minutes, that it’s probably best we leave it there.
Lol so you post stuff that's so transparently bullshit about our players and then cry about insults.

The lack of self awareness is stunning. Instead of being a coward why don't you actually address any of the points in my main post about why believing you should just be a given?

And the edits were autocorrect/grammar fixes which is a weird thing to cry about

Lol so you post stuff that's so transparently bullshit about our players and then cry about insults.

The lack of self awareness is stunning. Instead of being a coward why don't you actually address any of the points in my main post about why believing you should just be a given?

And the edits were autocorrect/grammar fixes which is a weird thing to cry about
Well firstly, it’s not bullshit as I’ve said. Not sure what else there is to say on that. I’ve shared a snippet, you think it’s bullshit, great, we move on.

Secondly, I don’t have any issue with you (or any other poster) not believing me.

Well firstly, it’s not bullshit as I’ve said. Not sure what else there is to say on that. I’ve shared a snippet, you think it’s bullshit, great, we move on.

Secondly, I don’t have any issue with you (or any other poster) not believing me.
Yes it is. And what's even more bullshit is that you expect to just roll on here with invented personal attacks on the character if our players that are presented as fact and not expect anyone to call you out

The ****ing arrogance is staggering

Hmm, while Jy was advertising beer on the gc, wasn’t fisher in Brunswick at tribute boxing with some Carlton and ex Carlton players?

Stephenson got a home gym.

I don’t know, I reckon the guys that need to get serious have been given their rights.

Meanwhile Zuurhar keeps posting his Rioja and tapas

Watching the Hawthorn small/mid sized forwards get up the ground and then sweep back to goal I couldn't help but think this where Fisher should be playing for us. I haven't put a line through him yet.
Did he ever even play in the backline at Carlton? Should definitely play forward whether that's in the AFL or VFL.

Safe to say that he's not "getting serious" this off-season. Senior players that make a habit of having benders, probably aren't the type of characters that we need around our young players. But hey, what do I know!

4Y with the option of a 5th might be up there with the worst contracts our club has offered.

Bet you wont say that to his face keybored warrior :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher - 36d & 6 marks vs WCE - his best game for NMFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back