16k at etihad tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Karbo

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Saturday night, vital match against Adelaide (who always get a few travelling supporters) and only 16,000 show up??? Inexcusable. Get behind your club North fans... they'll need you now more than ever.

Was thinking of posting a thread along these lines. Shocking turnout, can't believe North didn't move. As unpalatable as I find the thought of RFC folding or moving and wouldn't wish it on anyone, it seems the North fans have well and truly screwed their club by dissing the move and then not backing them up. Truly disgusting form.

Disappionting when they're actually in some good form this year and have some exciting young players.
Yep, there is really no excuse for such a turnout. Can't blame the weather, can't blame the timeslot, can't blame the importance of the match. No excuses, which makes the crowd all that more disappointing.

Was live against the gate on Fox.

Something probably needs to be done that where this happens a % of the TV money goes to the home team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just how many fans do they have? How many should we be expecting for home and away games in Victoria?
I don't know how many fans they have but I read somewhere that they have more than Melbourne, yet Melbourne got 28k to the G today and 36k on a saturday night a few weeks back, both against interstate sides. The fans are there, they're just not showing up for some reason.

Fix up Arden st and play 2 or 3 games a year there, seriously. 15k rabid North fans at home, shit its not like GC or WSYD will be any different when they come in right? There has to be a way to balance the books better than whatever happens hosting a rubbish interstate side at the dome or the G.

Wellllllll,
Who honestly cares. Bad game of footy. So why go watch it. Thannk God Wells and Harvey played or i would have fallen asleep, i'm not even joking.

Fix up Arden st and play 2 or 3 games a year there, seriously. 15k rabid North fans at home, shit its not like GC or WSYD will be any different when they come in right? There has to be a way to balance the books better than whatever happens hosting a rubbish interstate side at the dome or the G.

But they haven't existed for well over 100 years, aren't in a city where it's the primary sport, and don't have years of success that has created a supporter base. I don't understand where these supporters have gone though.

Remove this Banner Ad

16k at etihad tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back