Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

So what? You stated it was ok to give a kid 37 because it had no significance. I am showing you why you are incorrect with that logic because 37 is significant. More significant than 38 because Kevin only won one premiership compared to Green's 3, although obviously 38 has significance too.
Clearly we aren't going to agree
You think I'm wrong
I think you're a campaigner
Let's just leave it there

Here is a tip. It's just a number.

It wont make anyone play better or worse.

It is a players number for as long they play in it, once retired its not yours anymore, and it gets passed on to the next player.

The captain could be any one of 40 player son the list - does his number matter? No. It was god awful decision to go with the #17 as the captain nd I am glad Cotchin stood up and put and end to that contrived malarky.

We can't let old exaggerated fables of past greats affect the current day.

It's all supersticious, romantic, marketing mumbo jumbo designed to create a good story.

Clearly we aren't going to agree
You think I'm wrong
I think you're a campaigner
Let's just leave it there

Well sonny, let me tell you something. You don't go around calling your fellow tiger supporters campaigners.
You also should show some respect to all people let alone those much older and wiser than you.
You should also go and read about the history of the RFC and what has made it the club that you supposedly love. Educate yourself a little and start getting a little wisdom yourself. It always sounds better when you can give people a comprehensive answer when people ask you why you barrack for the tigers, rather than answers like "Ummmm, because, ummmm….." .

Like the tradition of the Captain getting 17….

So are there criteria that you can see that describe what is required to win respect? No. Again, it's this touchy feely sort of notion.

If you do it, do it properly and not half arsed. Publish criteria to the playing group of standards they must reach to qualify for a low number. However, to do it properly, you should maintain those standards too. So players that "lose the respect" of the playing group should have their low number taken off them and then given a high number. Doing it "properly" thus would be a farce.

Hence I think it's silly.
Hey Assbury, take 49 or **** off to Brisbane

As if Richo will have kids :cry:

I am sure he won't mind if we help him find an extremely tall athletic wench to go forth and multiply with.

I am glad Cotchin stood up and put and end to that contrived malarky.

Agree. No. 9 he had to keep. But I'm only quoting you for your use of 'malarky'. Very felicitous!

However, this is the Rioli thread. Go Dan and speak no malarkey! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the point, doesn't mean I can't have a joke about Richo not having kids or having daughters instead
For what its worth, my opinion would be the same for any father/son... even if its actually a father/son

I didn't really have a problem with Steve Morris given he arrived given he's only got #38
No I don't think you did.......?

Everyone's favourite player in this draft, what an exciting kid to watch.
412649.jpg
412647.jpg
412646.jpg
412645.jpg
412644.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back