Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Daniel. I think you will be a great pick up for us and I'm excited to see you play many senior games in 2016.

It's funny how if Rioli slipped to the Hawks, people would be screaming out how much of a gun this kid will be.

Can't stand how many hate is coming from Richmond supporters. Actually go fukc yourselves.

Last edited:

Welcome Daniel. I think you will be a great pick up for us and I'm excited to see you play many senior games in 2016.

It's funny that if Rioli slipped to the Hawks, people would be screaming out how much of a gun this kid will be.

Can't stand how many hate is coming from Richmond supporters. Actually go fukc yourselves.

This is absolutely true.

The haters would be saying stuff like "OH MAAAN I CAN'T BELIEVE WE PICKED UP ANOTHER VANILLA FIRST ROUNDER, SHOULD HAVE TAKEN RIOLI"

You can't win with some of the complete and utter morons on this forum.

Surprised to read in the HUN that he only started taking his footy seriously in year 11. So much upside with this kid. I look forward to seeing what
he can do with help from Chocco and training 5 days a week.

aboriginal_flag-gif.gif

As a chef it's my job to make winning dishes, now to create a dish a real winner you have to get the body of your dish spot on.... The protein normally it is, Cooked to protection.....than the garnish to g with it, has to be so precise....cooked sliced and diced and place on the plate at the exact time when all them flavours are at there peak.....the garnish is laid, the protein is cut and arranged just right the sauce poured not to much, not to little, just right . With the temp, flavours and precision my dish is almost ready, the star of my dish is the protein, the garnish just lifts my protein and enhances the flavours and colors but I'm missing one thing.....the last touch, it could be as simple as a micro herb on top or a reduction carefully splashed around the plate...my finishing touch is not the star of the dish but it is what makes better than the place next door. Daniel is not Alex rance he will not be Dustin Martin he is not the protein he is not the garnish he is finishing touch.......the spark, the X factor... 12 touches 3 goals and 5 tackles we win by 7 points....this type of player is the finishing touch and we need the finishing touch we all ready have the protein and the garnish...we have a very good side.....good pick will make us all smile in due time.

Like some others I know nothing other than a highlights package. Hope he succeeds though.

May as well give him a game round 1, perfect mix of big crowd to get rid of future nerves and breaking the ice. Plus with no disrespect to Carlton, he could get a good run against other first year players or poor quality. Perfect for confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a chef it's my job to make winning dishes, now to create a dish a real winner you have to get the body of your dish spot on.... The protein normally it is, Cooked to protection.....than the garnish to g with it, has to be so precise....cooked sliced and diced and place on the plate at the exact time when all them flavours are at there peak.....the garnish is laid, the protein is cut and arranged just right the sauce poured not to much, not to little, just right . With the temp, flavours and precision my dish is almost ready, the star of my dish is the protein, the garnish just lifts my protein and enhances the flavours and colors but I'm missing one thing.....the last touch, it could be as simple as a micro herb on top or a reduction carefully splashed around the plate...my finishing touch is not the star of the dish but it is what makes better than the place next door. Daniel is not Alex rance he will not be Dustin Martin he is not the protein he is not the garnish he is finishing touch.......the spark, the X factor... 12 touches 3 goals and 5 tackles we win by 7 points....this type of player is the finishing touch and we need the finishing touch we all ready have the protein and the garnish...we have a very good side.....good pick will make us all smile in due time.
Do you work at Subway? Love the cheese on top of the bread.

IMO he doesn't deserve a free pass because of his name. He needs to be put through his paces like every other draftee.

I am still a bit skeptical but happy to back him and the club in.

Geez there's some stupid c.unts that post here. Seriously. Great pick and exactly what we needed. I am stoked on this pick. A Rioli back at Richmond. Fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
Hey calm down ay

IMO he doesn't deserve a free pass because of his name. He needs to be put through his paces like every other draftee.

I am still a bit skeptical but happy to back him and the club in.

The problem is, the negative people are going to have a go either way.

If he gets games early, they'll claim that it's only because of his name, regardless of whether or not that is the reason or not.

And if he doesn't get games early, they'll jump on the "SEE, RIOLI WASN'T A GOOD PICK DUUUUDEEEZZ" bandwagon.

So regardless of what actually happens or why, the haters get to shit on the club and hate some more. :drunk:

The problem is, the negative people are going to have a go either way.

If he gets games early, they'll claim that it's only because of his name, regardless of whether or not that is the reason or not.

And if he doesn't get games early, they'll jump on the "SEE, RIOLI WASN'T A GOOD PICK DUUUUDEEEZZ" bandwagon.

So regardless of what actually happens or why, the haters get to shit on the club and hate some more. :drunk:
Those that want to will always find a way.

All I'm saying is, at least wait until NAB Cup before creaming yourselves over him just because his great uncle starred for us 30 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back