Player Watch #17: Riley 'Stiffy' Hardeman - made his debut v Adelaide in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. Hope he kills it.

To be honest even though inexperienced we could use a couple of extra players if they are in their genuine positions into the team. Needs a reset.

Awesome news. Seems like a top bloke and has longterm 200 gamer written all over him. I think he’ll bring out the best in L-Mac whom needs to regain his bite.

Could seriously see this kid captaining the team one day.

Important part of a revamped back 6 for us in 2025.

B. Hardeman K Dawson Logue
HB. Bergman Chom Goater

Archer/W Dawson will be the 7th defender.

This is a completely different backline to what we have had to put out this year. It has the right balance of size, defensive mindset and skill/ball use.

Just imagine - a backline without LMac/Corr/Fisher/Biggie and not having to play Kerch, Sheez and Scott back there.

This is where the team improvement can come from next year.

Last edited:
Sheezels skills are a wee bit crisper than this kid, but boy does he go for the all or nothing kicks that open games up.

Left footer out of defence to McKerchers crispy left to Sheezel on the lead - can see it already.

He’s very athletic and gut runs though. He’s got much quicker wheels than Harry.

We haven’t seen too much of his overhead ability at VFL level yet, but that’s also there.

With the slight hunch and the way he moves looks quite a bit like Birchall from afar in person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Important part of a revamped back 6 for us in 2025.

B. Hardeman K Dawson Logue
HB. Bergman Chom Goater

Archer/W Dawson will be the 7th defender.

This is a completely different backline to what we have had to put out this year. It has the right balance of size, defensive mindset and skill/ball use.

Just imagine - a backline without LMac/Corr/Fisher/Biggie and not having to play Kerch, Sheez and Scott back there.

This is where the team improvement can come from next year.
Each player in that six can actually defend. Now we just need to get the midfielders and forwards to do so too.

Last edited:
After such a difficult week, this was beautiful to watch. Made me happy. Had almost given up on North ever making me happy again. Maybe there's a very tummy light at the end of the tunnel.
“I’ll have to change my tips as well”. Genuinely classic comment by his mum. So honest… and correct.

Congratulation to Riley!!!

Finally a defender that intercepts and rebounds who hopefully releases Scott onto the wing or Sheez from the HB role and allow him to mid/fwd and really build on the connection he and Wardlaw have been building....hopefully those leadership qualities debuts as well!!

Best of luck, young fella!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back