Player Watch #17: Riley 'Stiffy' Hardeman - made his debut v Adelaide in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Our backline already is being held together with sticky tape in that it's filled with 1st/2nd year & state league players.

So sending another debutant down there isn't gonna help but I'm happy for Riley to get his debut.
I’d say a) it’s hardly going to be worse, at least he isn’t going to have to learn to be a defender, and b) even it doesn’t help this weekend, it’s a great step to get a guy in there who is much more likely to be part of our back six long-term than most of the options we’ve tried.

Our backline already is being held together with sticky tape in that it's filled with 1st/2nd year & state league players.

So sending another debutant down there isn't gonna help but I'm happy for Riley to get his debut.
If 150+ game veteran spuds can’t get some cohesion and discipline down there, then I don’t think experience is necessarily the issue - it’s personnel.

The rot has started and we need to clear out Corr and McDonald asap. Let Comben lead the backs. He is already doing it.

Important part of a revamped back 6 for us in 2025.

B. Hardeman K Dawson Logue
HB. Bergman Chom Goater

Archer/W Dawson will be the 7th defender.

This is a completely different backline to what we have had to put out this year. It has the right balance of size, defensive mindset and skill/ball use.

Just imagine - a backline without LMac/Corr/Fisher/Biggie and not having to play Kerch, Sheez and Scott back there.

This is where the team improvement can come from next year.
You'd could also add George into that back line mix.

The length and penetration of the rebound and kick out exits are just as important as any run and carry. As, is the ability of that player to actually defend and take some intercept marks.

I also think any of Sheezel, McKercher, Scott and Fisher could also run hard enough between the arcs to provide the outlet targets, or an extra in the backline if we slow the opposition's ball movement (which they will assist in doing anyway).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Important part of a revamped back 6 for us in 2025.

B. Hardeman K Dawson Logue
HB. Bergman Chom Goater

Archer/W Dawson will be the 7th defender.

This is a completely different backline to what we have had to put out this year. It has the right balance of size, defensive mindset and skill/ball use.

Just imagine - a backline without LMac/Corr/Fisher/Biggie and not having to play Kerch, Sheez and Scott back there.

This is where the team improvement can come from next year.
LOL in the ideal world yes but got remember McDonald will be there as long as his old man and his mates are there McDonald will be there and as Captain as well.

If 150+ game veteran spuds can’t get some cohesion and discipline down there, then I don’t think experience is necessarily the issue - it’s personnel.

The rot has started and we need to clear out Corr and McDonald asap. Let Comben lead the backs. He is already doing it.
McDonald not going anywhere his protected and hate to say it the only way McDonald won’t be there is a spill at the top which I don’t want I like Sonia Hood but she needs to get more street wise.
If she can do that things will change all over as atm the faith she has in others isn’t working and In fact these people are incompetent and should be gone.
Maybe she could channel some old TV interviews of McGuire and Kennett to more streetwise.
I don’t think we need a board challenge to change things but this club can’t keep going this way as atm we are not just an embarrassment to this sport but to Australian sport.
Enough is Enough.

McDonald not going anywhere his protected and hate to say it the only way McDonald won’t be there is a spill at the top which I don’t want I like Sonia Hood but she needs to get more street wise.
If she can do that things will change all over as atm the faith she has in others isn’t working and In fact these people are incompetent and should be gone.
Maybe she could channel some old TV interviews of McGuire and Kennett to more streetwise.
I don’t think we need a board challenge to change things but this club can’t keep going this way as atm we are not just an embarrassment to this sport but to Australian sport.
Enough is Enough.
Actually, I take it back. You are not a conspiracy nut. That requires at least functional intelligence to read about conspiracy theories. Street wise? That sort of talk is only ever used by people who think that there is a form of intelligence that justifies their academic incompetence. The reality is, there can be book wise, as well as street wise, but clearly, there can also be street idiot.

Enough is Enough.
Just get a banner on Saturday and write drop Mcdonald, drop Corr and get these messages across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back