Nil

All R.H. initials to play for North
Ray Harper (1925) 2 games
Ron Howell (1941-42) 9 games
Rod Hughes (1968) 3 games
Ross Henshaw (1971-83) 167 games
Ray Huppatz (1978-80) 19 games
Robert Hansen (2023- ) 2 games

Gee you know you're old when this dude doesn't make the list.

1714090278327.png

Fun fact around Kym, was told by North they were going to delist him after his 2nd season. He went away and worked his arse off. Became a good footballer for us. Wonder what would happen today if one of these upstarts were told their would be delisted. I suppose one would need to wait until the sobbing stopped before hearing a response.

Good luck to young Hardeman, from the limited vision I've seen, he looks like he belongs. So that is a fine starting point.

View attachment 1971204

Fun fact around Kym, was told by North they were going to delist him after his 2nd season. He went away and worked his arse off. Became a good footballer for us. Wonder what would happen today if one of these upstarts were told their would be delisted. I suppose one would need to wait until the sobbing stopped before hearing a response.

Good luck to young Hardeman, from the limited vision I've seen, he looks like he belongs. So that is a fine starting point.

Between Hodgeman and Staritski was a player who played most his footy for North. His biggest claim to fame was not at North, but at one of the two others he played for. He kicked a goal in the last minute of a game - not to win it, but to save them from being goalless for a whole match. He wore 17 there too.

Predicting late change- Riley Hardeman replaced in selected side by Daniel Howe.

Any idea on where stiffy originates as a nickname?

*yes I am aware how strange that sounds.
Back in the 1920s, Australian vaudeville legend Roy Rene had a character named Mo, and his offsider was named Stiffy. You could tell them apart because Stiffy had a moustache but Mo didn't.

Anyway, they always began their act with Stiffy walking out and saying "My name is Stiffy, and I've got a mo", meaning moustache. And then Roy Rene would walk out in character and say "And my name's Mo".

And your great-grandparents pissed themselves laughing, the dirty old buggers.

View attachment 1971204

I wonder if Clarko has done a similar thing that he did with the Hawthorn group: These players we feel will help us get to a premiership. These players we are unsure about.

Imagine the red faces of some of lazier players who are currently raking in the big bucks…

Between Hodgeman and Staritski was a player who played most his footy for North. His biggest claim to fame was not at North, but at one of the two others he played for. He kicked a goal in the last minute of a game - not to win it, but to save them from being goalless for a whole match. He wore 17 there too.
If only he had missed…
Carlton around this time were ahead of * on my most disliked clubs list. What with Jack Elliott as president, the half-arsed attempt at taking us over through the back door buying of shares, Battle of Britain, Kernahan keeping us out of the finals etc etc.

Had no idea Arceri ended up at the saints. Liked him at North, was one of my favourites as a young bloke along with Matty Larkin and the Krakouer brothers.

Yes well this was the obvious choice even tho it is an incredibly big ask to step up in a basket case defence
As per usual we just have to take another deep breath cross the fingers and hope he make a positive contribution
Go Riley
tbh thought brayden george would play before him based on recent form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1971204

likely just go out and marry a mobile phone dynasty heiress?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back