Delisted #17 Will Gould

Remove this Banner Ad

ALYwsQmF.jpg

Will Gould

Player Profile

A hard-running key defender departed South Australian club Glenelg for the Sydney Swans at the 2019 AFL Draft, joining the club via pick 26. Will Gould averaged 21.5 disposals, 4.5 marks and 7.2 rebound 50s per match as South Australia’s captain in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, a glowing campaign resulting in back-to-back All Australian selection. He also averaged 19.7 possessions, 5.2 marks and 6.5 rebound 50s per match for Glenelg in 2019, while he recorded a match-high eight rebound 50s in his side’s SANFL Grand Final victory over Port Adelaide.

Will Gould

DOB: 14 January 2001
DRAFT: 2019
RECRUITED FROM: Glenelg (SANFL)

Last edited:

Would love to see Will debut, but at the SCG against the power he was talking to friends and family in the ladies pavilion wearing a moonboot

They didn't see fit to mention this at the injury report posted yesterday!! I hope it was just precautionary as you mention.

Injury Update: Lance Franklin to miss Richmond clash

Could this really be because they don't want to tip off the oppo? Wouldn't something like that get out anyway?

Still, I watched On The Couch and they had no clue who we were going to use to replace the McCartins. They were talking about moving Amartey back! And Reid!!

They didn't see fit to mention this at the injury report posted yesterday!! I hope it was just precautionary as you mention.

Could this really be because they don't want to tip off the oppo? Wouldn't something like that get out anyway?

Still, I watched On The Couch and they had no clue who we were going to use to replace the McCartins. They were talking about moving Amartey back! And Reid!!
Hopefully yeah, he didn't seem to concerned or lacking in mobility, he was able to walk up the small set of stairs at the front of the ladies with no issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fan of Amartey going back given the circumstances. McLean to come in and play forward/2nd Ruck.

As good as gone at the end of the year.

Sheer bad luck for this weekend but the fact is that 3 years in after a stellar junior career he hasn't been able to crack a single start. I'm all for players paying their dues at the lower level but at some point they have to get their feet wet.

Terrible time for Gould (and Reid, and Francis all) to be injured! Like Darcy Cameron all over again!

As good as gone at the end of the year.

Sheer bad luck for this weekend but the fact is that 3 years in after a stellar junior career he hasn't been able to crack a single start. I'm all for players paying their dues at the lower level but at some point they have to get their feet wet.

Not necessarily. If his injury isn't too bad he may get a chance in the coming weeks. Paddy isn't going to be returning next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #17 Will Gould

Remove this Banner Ad

Back