Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there. Think he's gunna be that sort of player we'll love to bits for his effort often against the odds. He'll halve or win contests for the ball because of willpower, ability to read play and skill.

Keep.

Flag winning sides normally have midfield like players on a HBF

Dugan, Jetta, Vlastuin, Boyd, JJ, Burgoyne, etc
Granted he is not a flag winning player, but Whitfield is another example of a midfield like player on a HBF.
Stop this Arrow. you convinced less than 48 hours ago that Setters isn't suited to a HBF, now you've re-lit that idea again in my head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arr0w your thoughts on Campol as a run with tagger or BP where he is less likely to over think his role?

Arr0w your thoughts on Campol as a run with tagger or BP where he is less likely to over think his role?

Not a tagger or a BP

30/70 forward/mid. Was always a natural mid as a junior, actually wins a nice number of contested ball through the middle.

We are just blessed with young talent through the middle

Would have thought both those roles require even more thought, given you're directly responsible for an opponent.

Polson is a mid/forward and I think he should be persisted in that role. Wouldn't surprise should we see him spend more time in the midfield in 2019, after playing almost exclusively in the forward 50 to date.

Maybe we revisit in 12 months after FA/trade/draft periods...

That being said, would be getting a little hard to fit 12 mids into the 1 side. Would start having to play them at hbf, fp, etc.
fun fact - we need 14 able to rttm

Would have thought both those roles require even more thought, given you're directly responsible for an opponent.

Polson is a mid/forward and I think he should be persisted in that role. Wouldn't surprise should we see him spend more time in the midfield in 2019, after playing almost exclusively in the forward 50 to date.
We did do this with Ratts early in his development.

Yes, now that you mention it I think we will. Having said that, who are we clearly better than?

GC and Saints I have us clearly better. After that, it's close but we are a real chance.
It's hard to say at this point. How good are Sydney gonna be this year? Freo, Geelong, North, Adelaide, Brisbane, Port.
None of these teams really strike fear tbh. Hopefully we can start closing the gap soon.

We did do this with Ratts early in his development.

Very different player in a very different era. Not sure they are comparable.

Where are we going to find midfield minutes for Polson?

Just not good enough to force through.

If the club thinks his future holds time in the midfield, they will find time for him there in 2019, even at the expense of others who we would have ahead of him.

It's hard to say at this point. How good are Sydney gonna be this year? Freo, Geelong, North, Adelaide, Brisbane, Port.
None of these teams really strike fear tbh. Hopefully we can start closing the gap soon.

Sydney are a team I think (hope) could drop, if they do it might give us 8 games against bottom 6 sides.

Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back