Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

And people said to burn pick 1 on Shiel as he was an experienced mid and exactly what we needed.
Ummmmm no thanks! Walsh is exactly what we needed and he will 100% go past shiel within 3 years as i told people.

Glad you're our Sammy
Thats why one should never listen to people....Leave it to an expert. SOS and the team have a midas touch. Best in the business now. Not bad considering we used to be the worst at it.

The evidence was there for anyone to see last year. Tonight's game was no different to what he was consistently doing at TAC Cup level, except this time it was against adults.
stringer? hurley? daniher? adults?

Probably a little over the top at the ground, for the love for Walsh.
People cheer, chant Walsh and just keep talking about him.

What I do want to see is for the likes of Dow, Fisher and SPS to say to themselves, "I'll show you Walshy" :)
Healthy competition won't go astray.

Probably a little over the top at the ground, for the love for Walsh.
People cheer, chant Walsh and just keep talking about him.
What I do want to see is for the likes of Dow, Fisher and SPS to say to themselves, "I'll show you Walshy" :)
Healthy competition won't go astray.

Damn Straight HARKER.
Fish did that last year when the player group voted SPS to have a break out year and Fish said "what about me".
But I would like to see that go a little be more through the rest of the player group even up to our veterans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember all the chat leading up to the draft about giving away #1 for 'godfather' style offers from other clubs. Also the talk of going for the Sth Aussie boys.
Am a bit glad that SOS and crew held true and picked young Sam. The other fellas would have to be pretty dam special to knock over #18 in Navy. Gee he looks good.
Bring on 2019 & beyond!!

You excited today old man? Suspend your famed humour for a minute. Let it out. What are you feeling? What are you thinking? You can return to resident comedian after one post. Just do us the honour.

Where you at?
hold please.....

The young bloke ticks a lot of boxes, obviously, but what impressed me most in the flesh was his will and drive. He was understandably pooped late in the 4th, but some repeat efforts to get to contests, to push himself to get put a block on, or run to space to provide an option, were outstanding. You could see that he knew he needed to get there, and get there he did. Combined with a sharp footy brain, it's quite the package.

Sam's work ethic and ticker should hold him in great stead, and particularly on the more 'down' or quiet days, enable him to still be in the game and contribute positively. Will drive himself to find a way to be in the action, if last night is any guide.

The young bloke ticks a lot of boxes, obviously, but what impressed me most in the flesh was his will and drive. He was understandably pooped late in the 4th, but some repeat efforts to get to contests, to push himself to get put a block on, or run to space to provide an option, were outstanding. You could see that he knew he needed to get there, and get there he did. Combined with a sharp footy brain, it's quite the package.

Sam's work ethic and ticker should hold him in great stead, and particularly on the more 'down' or quiet days, enable him to still be in the game and contribute positively. Will drive himself to find a way to be in the action, if last night is any guide.
Indeed. I was also concerned about how hot it was last night. In a way, given those temps are likely to not be faced in the season proper, I didn't want them to push 100% for the entire game so as not to risk injury.

One of the best things about Walsh, that's gone mostly unsaid by Media pundits, is he will elevate Cripps game to a whole new level, as we saw last night.

If this is a sign of Batman and Robin in years to come, then sign me up for the Dark Knight Trilogy, Adam West TV series and the Michael Keaton and Tim Burton movies (not Val Kilmer or Clooney, they were awful as Bats)

Getting a player of Walsh's rare talent, gut running, and football nous is pretty much worth the pain of a 2 win season. He has an intangible drive to succeed and a work rate that is simply the formula this club needs.

I am enthralled after one JLT game.

Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back