Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh come on. The Walsh detractors had 6 months last year to claim how vanilla he is... slow, can’t kick, too skinny, low-ceiling, not a difference maker, not as damaging as Bailey Smith, we need to take Rankine or Lukosius, need to trade for an experienced player, etc... :straining:

It’s literally one game into the pre-season and we’re not allowed to enjoy it? I for one intend to fully savour our saviour.

One of the best things about Walsh, that's gone mostly unsaid by Media pundits, is he will elevate Cripps game to a whole new level, as we saw last night.

If this is a sign of Batman and Robin in years to come, then sign me up for the Dark Knight Trilogy, Adam West TV series and the Michael Keaton and Tim Burton movies (not Val Kilmer or Clooney, they were awful as Bats)

Getting a player of Walsh's rare talent, gut running, and football nous is pretty much worth the pain of a 2 win season. He has an intangible drive to succeed and a work rate that is simply the formula this club needs.

I am enthralled after one JLT game.
Pendlebury and Swan

Once the boys realise Sam plays the old “1...2’ at Uber-speed we will become an even more attacking team.

I’ve seen it several times already in the practice matches against hawks and *don where a player receives a short kick or handball from Walsh, with him screaming past them for the 1..2 only for them to hold on to the ball and look for other options. Maybe they are caught unawares at his running capacity and game sense.

Our forwards will be licking their chops when this starts to happen.

Moves like Cotchin; plays like Voss.

Once the boys realise Sam plays the old “1...2’ at Uber-speed we will become an even more attacking team.

I’ve seen it several times already in the practice matches against hawks and *don where a player receives a short kick or handball from Walsh, with him screaming past them for the 1..2 only for them to hold on to the ball and look for other options. Maybe they are caught unawares at his running capacity and game sense.

Our forwards will be licking their chops when this starts to happen.

Moves like Cotchin; plays like Voss.
Yep. Walsh loves his one-twos. Regularly goes for this play, and knows how to do this effectively. Don't really see anyone else in our list proactively do this. Walsh, a master at being proactive and ensuring forward ball movement.

Just watched Walsh's highlights. How the **** is he vanilla exactly?

He's not and unfortunately one poster here has been tagged as addressing him as so, when he was just playing it up a little.
Best put aside and just look forward to what this player will bring to the club....along with many more that we currently have on the list.

One of the best things about Walsh, that's gone mostly unsaid by Media pundits, is he will elevate Cripps game to a whole new level, as we saw last night.

If this is a sign of Batman and Robin in years to come, then sign me up for the Dark Knight Trilogy, Adam West TV series and the Michael Keaton and Tim Burton movies (not Val Kilmer or Clooney, they were awful as Bats)

Getting a player of Walsh's rare talent, gut running, and football nous is pretty much worth the pain of a 2 win season. He has an intangible drive to succeed and a work rate that is simply the formula this club needs.

I am enthralled after one JLT game.
Agreed. The inside-outside player we need who can receive in the thick of it, burst away and then deliver it well. Don't know where the doubts about his kicking came in, his long passes are well-weighted and accurate to the right areas.

The one thing which I noticed is that his hand-balling is not the best. Too often when not under much pressure (actually mostly running in space), he handballs to non-ideal positions. Teammates have to reach for it or it's coming in too high to receive leading to a fumble.

This is fine if you've got someone hanging off you but a lot of the time he's in space.

This is absolute nit-picking for a teenager who hasn't even played a game yet - but it's something I hope he learns to improve rapidly.

The evidence was there for anyone to see last year. Tonight's game was no different to what he was consistently doing at TAC Cup level, except this time it was against adults.
I question the assessment of Jake Stringer as an adult.

You excited today old man? Suspend your famed humour for a minute. Let it out. What are you feeling? What are you thinking? You can return to resident comedian after one post. Just do us the honour.

Where you at?

qxrowolgngwsxlksksvn.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ripping article. What an amazing young man. The exciting thing for me is not where he is at now, but more where he will be in 2-3 years. Like his football , he is a character always on the move, always trying to get better and improve. There is no arrogance here, just a down to earth fierce competitiveness that will drive his improvement quickly and ever upward. Well done sos and co. I think that the most excited person is Bolts, finally he has met his match in enthusiasm and focus. I see many lamb roast invitations to the Bolton household.

Yep. Walsh loves his one-twos. Regularly goes for this play, and knows how to do this effectively. Don't really see anyone else in our list proactively do this. Walsh, a master at being proactive and ensuring forward ball movement.

I saw it in Fisher very early- these types of players can see the game unfolding before anyone else can. I hate to do the comparison but GAJ was the master of it.

Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back