Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there. Think he's gunna be that sort of player we'll love to bits for his effort often against the odds. He'll halve or win contests for the ball because of willpower, ability to read play and skill.

Keep.
His ability to win and halve contests is incredible. The biggest thing about Sam Walsh though is his ability to keep his feet. Very rarely does he go to ground which means he gets to every single contest and can have multiple efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope this is not all hype or cut down by injury... the league is due for a number one draft pick to become one of the very best players in the comp.

I see enough green shoots, i wanna see a fully grown bambo, cut down and slit up, Singaporean style, ready to give Richmond some type of serious flogging!

Jack Dyer once described Richmond ruckman Mark Lee's mark as "his arms reached into the sky like giant testicles".

I was also listening one day when the following exchange occurred late in the last quarter;

Jack: "Rioli (Maurice) grabs the ball and punts it forward";

Ian Major (they were known as the Captain and the Major); "that was (Barry) Rowlings, Jack";

Jack: "It's getting very dark here at the MCG".

Rioli was aboriginal and Rowlings was not and had blond hair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back