Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Atley will make us grimace from time to time as he is caught but I hope he just takes the chance every time. How great is it to see him run away from the pack at times. Tonight his pace was sensational in opening up the game.

I love the crowds reaction whenever he gets the ball in space.

I prefer listening to the opposition supporters when one of their fast guys is chasing Atley. Unfortunately they'll catch on soon enough but it's great at the moment. Was fantastic when Jetta was chasing him in the second half and Atley just burnt him. He becomes twice as valuable in the last quarter as he manages to keep his speed while others drop off.

Also, obligatory Heppell mention.

I prefer listening to the opposition supporters when one of their fast guys is chasing Atley. Unfortunately they'll catch on soon enough but it's great at the moment. Was fantastic when Jetta was chasing him in the second half and Atley just burnt him. He becomes twice as valuable in the last quarter as he manages to keep his speed while others drop off.

I look forward to the day he burns the other Jetta. Not sure which commentator I most want to hear eat humble pie at that moment - Bruce or Gerard.

He claimed another one today.

Atley: 21 disposals
Jetta: 13 disposals, 0 goals

There aren't many players in the comp capable of providing both defence and attack as well as he does. A rare talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stars aligned, Atley and Harper. It's almost like cheating.

I wanted to come on here and read how Atley burst from a pack then showed Heppell the ball before switching a gear and making him look even more like a dill. That would be sweet ammo for the world of BigFooty.

Atley is freakishly good, has the chance to be better than Judd seeing as he kicks at better than 49% accuracy.

Just leave him settled back for the rest of the year, he can stake his claim for a mid spot in the preseason.

Noone ever mentions Mullett either - he is a gun and in my opinion he will also play off half back and thorugh the middle. His potential is very underrrated.

I'm actually very excited to see what Mullett and McKenzie can do once they've had a string of games together.

I still think McKenzie will be a few years away. Is very very slight. Needs to work on his defensive side a little bit more as well. Was out marked and out positioned on a number of occasions against werribee on the weekend.

I reckon Atley could be the biggest star player we've recruited in years. He could turn into a real champion.

All those jumpers with #18 on the back can finally be taken out of the cupboard and be worn with pride once more.

I reckon Atley could be the biggest star player we've recruited in years. He could turn into a real champion.

I agree. He's the type of player who normally goes high in the draft to the tankers of the league. Had he been able to kick like this 18 months ago he'd be in a Gold Coast jumper. We're very fortunate.

The most interesting thing to see in the future will be if he has the capacity to win a lot of contested footy when he moves into his inside midfield role. If he can, we'll have ourselves a tall version of Dangerfield.

People need to cool their jets a little.

Very promising year, probably top 6 in the B&F, but calls of better than Judd etc are far to premature.

Just let him develop, and enjoy it.

He's a gun young player, but he's certainly no star yet, if he starts getting it 25+ times a game, with his hurt factor, he will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back