Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

The footage on the bench ignoring Rutten is from the North game 3 weeks ago. Rutten has had his chance to address Hinds poor attitude again and drop him. He chose not to. So either they worked it out behind closed doors or Truck didnt see it as an issue. Truck looked as awkward as ive ever seen a coach look when Hind sat down, he didnt know what to say, and Hind looked like a spoilt brat who hadn't got his way. Really weird viewing

The footage on the bench ignoring Rutten is from the North game 3 weeks ago. Rutten has had his chance to address Hinds poor attitude again and drop him. He chose not to. So either they worked it out behind closed doors or Truck didnt see it as an issue. Truck looked as awkward as ive ever seen a coach look when Hind sat down, he didnt know what to say, and Hind looked like a spoilt brat who hadn't got his way. Really weird viewing
At the time the way I saw it was Truck was going to calm him down by chatting and Hind was too fired up and didn’t want to engage. Truck looked awkward then mildly amused to me.

I really didn’t think that much of it tbh.

I just saw the footage. That’s disrespectful and not acceptable. Drop him and make D’Ambrosio take his spot in the 22. A crucial part of the review is to remove players like that to set the standard of what’s acceptable.

It was enough evidence for me to think Hind can gtfo. Give his spot to Menzie. If Clarko is in, I hope Hind is out.

Parish is another whose attitude sucks. I've tried to see the positives with him but the culture is more important. I think I'm on the trade Parish wagon.

It was enough evidence for me to think Hind can gtfo. Give his spot to Menzie. If Clarko is in, I hope Hind is out.

Parish is another whose attitude sucks. I've tried to see the positives with him but the culture is more important. I think I'm on the trade Parish wagon.
I think Parish is young enough to be taught the correct ways still. In saying that if he was being pursued by an oppo club im listening to all offers.

I think Parish is young enough to be taught the correct ways still. In saying that if he was being pursued by an oppo club im listening to all offers.
I was thinking the same earlier in the season, but I can't stomach a player who treats the coach with such disdain. It's unprofessional and demonstrably negative; the kind of thing that damages young players.

You mean captain? Truck and Parish have never had an issue
They did on the weekend, Parish seemed to look away when Rutten was talking to him on the bench

Mmmm... I could be wrong but I thought I heard he flat ignored Rutten on the weekend. Must say I wasn't impressed with him just walking off on Dyson either though, even if Dyson wasn't playing his best.
I didnt see much of the weekend due to work tbh so not sure. I think our group, overall has been babied since 2016. Needs to change, and I think our group is young enough to learn new ways. I think they're crying out for strong, direct leadership.

A Hollywood, fair weather footballer that needs an enormous attitude adjustment.

Those cross body, opposite foot, running away from the target kicks are Aaron Hall level cringe.

Certainly has a place on the list but he needs a good slap across the chops to get back to his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking the same earlier in the season, but I can't stomach a player who treats the coach with such disdain. It's unprofessional and demonstrably negative; the kind of thing that damages young players.
I totally agree with you regarding Hind. Players just should never do that.

On the other hand, if I had done that when I was playing my coach would have knocked me into next week and dropped me to the 2s for a fortnight

Not great viewing no matter how old it is it is still recent. Nothing excuses the player to treat the coach that way. Maybe with coaches sitting on the bench we will see more of this unfortunately.

He'd just had his head slammed into the ground, then a ridiculous 50 against him. A one-off situation like that is fine, surely. Another instance and something would need to be done.
Anyone know why he's been coaching from the bench anyway? In 'hind'sight;), a sign that he knew there was a problem with his player relationships?

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back