Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd just had his head slammed into the ground, then a ridiculous 50 against him. A one-off situation like that is fine, surely. Another instance and something would need to be done.
Anyone know why he's been coaching from the bench anyway? In 'hind'sight;), a sign that he knew there was a problem with his player relationships?

Good point about having his head slammed, but Rutten didn't look like he was trying to tell him off, looked more like he was trying to console him... then again we couldn't hear what was being said so maybe he called him a weak campaigner and told him to toughen up. :p

I don't think it's a problem coaching from the bench, doesn't Chris Fagan also do that? Brisbane seem to be doing ok.

Maybe he is sick of the message Rutten & Heppell are giving?

He might be completely justified.
So if player x is sick of hearing the coach's message, x is justified in ignoring the coach?

Should not player x listen to the message and apply the instruction? If they're sick of hearing it, maybe that speaks for what they are not doing. So if they're sick of hearing it and refusing to apply, they can gtfo.

To back track though, I may have been a bit rash. I'll concede that Hind may have been a bit cranky with the umpire, given the decision.

This is a massive storm in a tea cup. All kinds of shit happens in the heat of battle. Players react in various ways. You could watch Horse in the coaches box for 5 minutes and reasonably wonder when a fight is going to break out. Lloyd should know better but he is just a click bait flog.

This is a massive storm in a tea cup. All kinds of s**t happens in the heat of battle. Players react in various ways. You could watch Horse in the coaches box for 5 minutes and reasonably wonder when a fight is going to break out. Lloyd should know better but he is just a click bait flog.
It's just that there's too many storms and not enough cups.

Hind was really good in the vfl. Very solid game
‘Solid’ seems like an obvious understatement based on those numbers. No matter the opposition, if you touched the ball 42 times you’ve worked extremely hard and knowing the full-throttle style he plays then that equates to some seriously impressive repeat efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘Solid’ seems like an obvious understatement based on those numbers. No matter the opposition, if you touched the ball 42 times you’ve worked extremely hard and knowing the full-throttle style he plays then that equates to some seriously impressive repeat efforts.
I was getting at he didn't pad stats. He was invested from the start which was great

Based on VFL form Hind should get a game.
Likely replace him with D'Ambrosio, who played well, but not on the same form as Hind.

Saints have been playing a running kind of game and pound their opposition with loads of tackles.
Likely we need someone a bit more mature with the ball to handle that.

Tagged. Leadership was important to setting up the back line.

Nick Hind​

20 disposals, six marks

'Hindy' was another one who had someone in his back pocket all day because he’s been getting a lot of ball in the VFL. He still got a good amount of the ball and his leadership was important for us in ensuring our setups were right.

I hope they keep him in this week. I would have him ahead of Menzies regardless if they bring Davey back in or not. Also gives more options to other parts of the ground if needed.

gives more options to other parts of the ground if needed.
This part is a good point.

Menzie is an extremely one dimensional player at this point and isn’t hitting the scoreboard despite playing a role. If Davey comes back and combines with Snell, Perk, Caldwell and Hind it gives us all the necessary forward ingredients. Hind has the ability to create space between his opponent too if we continue the type of measured forward 50 entries we’ve had. Then, if we need something to spark us off HB he’d be ideal.

I also wonder if Tippa might still be a sub consideration.

Believe the list management term is ‘bye Felicia’. He offers this list nothing going forward and I never want to see him again, no composure, no smarts and shoddy kicking.

What the actual **** was that? I struggle to think of an Essendon footballer dishing up anything worse than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back