Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe the list management term is ‘bye Felicia’. He offers this list nothing going forward and I never want to see him again, no composure, no smarts and shoddy kicking.

What the actual **** was that? I struggle to think of an Essendon footballer dishing up anything worse than that.

Im no Hind defender but laying the blame on a bloke trying to create something when everyone else had stopped (twice) is a credit to Nick.

Sure, didn't come off but kudos to Hind for at least trying to make something.

(note. I do think we need to upgrade him IF we are to become anything)

The 50 was very bad but he was far from our worst tonight.
Thought that he was a tad unlucky there. I’ve seen leniency with that scenario so many times. The fact that the ump was warning him while the Brisbane players had him locked in suggests that the ump was trigger happy and willing him to be slightly slow to give it back. Nick could’ve got the hint more quickly but seriously, it was a hot call.

Thought that he was a tad unlucky there. I’ve seen leniency with that scenario so many times. The fact that the ump was warning him while the Brisbane players had him locked in suggests that the ump was trigger happy and willing him to be slightly slow to give it back. Nick could’ve got the hint more quickly but seriously, it was a hot call.
If that was inn Melbourne, no 50

simple as that

Im no Hind defender but laying the blame on a bloke trying to create something when everyone else had stopped (twice) is a credit to Nick.

I’m not concerned about him falling over or turning it over, in fact it’s the least of my concerns.

The package he presents cannot function at AFL level, he’s not clean below his knees or above his head, his composure is almost non existent and his defensive work on a man or in a zone is dreadful.

You’d suspect we haven’t seen the last of him but that was an absolute horror and tipefied the case against him.

I’m not concerned about him falling over or turning it over, in fact it’s the least of my concerns.

The package he presents cannot function at AFL level, he’s not clean below his knees, his composure is almost non existent and his defensive work on a man or in a zone is dreadful.

You’d suspect we haven’t seen the last of him but that was an absolute horror and tipefied the case against him.
unfortunately my man, we have no one close or capable of taking his spot

unfortunately my man, we have no one close or capable of taking his spot

Think you could leave him out quite easily. Could have played Montgomerie for a bit of aerial support tonight, and Ridley and Kelly come back into the side as well.

We are getting absolutely baked constantly by small forward and mids that can mark the footy and he doesn’t help that, and his rebound doesn’t do anything to offset it.

Think you could leave him out quite easily. Could have played Montgomerie for a bit of aerial support tonight, and Ridley and Kelly come back into the side as well.

We are getting absolutely baked constantly by small forward and mids that can mark the footy and he doesn’t help that, and his rebound doesn’t do anything to offset it.

that requires further changes up the ground if we are moving to an even more robust D50 back 6. I like the idea of Montgomerie, think he will debut sooner rather than later but unsure a direct swap of Hind for Monty is smart tbf

His weakness is his defending, you only play him if you think his playmaking outweighs his defensive weaknesses.

I don’t think it’s a sustainable approach to picking your defensive 6.

Same reason picking Massimo is problematic.

If we had a stronger contested marking side then it might be worth rolling the dice, but we don’t, so the turnovers absolutely kill us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put a line through him. He's a liability more than a strength.
Before you put a line through him you explore what else he can provide. He looked good forward against the Dees and he is a genuinely good sub option. Whether or not he can hold down a defensive spot now is very much doubtful though given the options we have when all are fit.

I’m not knocking the selection, it’s not like we have a lot of alternative selection strategies right now. Speed and run out of the backline is something that on paper looks ok, especially when you are lacking in everything else due to injury.

I think Brad had to roll the dice, and would have been happily surprised if it worked, and not even remotely surprised that it didn’t.

If you are relying on run and carry from your backline, what’s your midfield doing?

Before you put a line through him you explore what else he can provide. He looked good forward against the Dees and he is a genuinely good sub option. Whether or not he can hold down a defensive spot now is very much doubtful though given the options we have when all are fit.

Maybe. I think for where we're at we'd be better playing others ahead of him. Maybe sub is his spot in the 22, but that's as close as I'd let him get.

He’s one of those guys that would just dominate at amateur club level. Imagine how good he would be. Everyone would be saying.. this guy has to play AFL.

But in the AFL it’s unfortunately a career of nearly but not quite.

paper over the cracks of losing Saad & McKenna is wearing thin
Mass needs more development, or a new role. His kicking is delightful and could be a proper weapon, but he's not ready.
Hind does give his all, but is a weak link in the chain

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back