Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to highlight his game tonight. For all the criticism he has been getting in here he deserves kudos to balance it out. He gave us some clangers but his drive and closing of space was so critical tonight and I don’t think anyone has raised it yet.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he is the new Langers where peeps can see what he’s doing cos he gets the ball so much but not making the best decisions. But you got to remember he gets the ball a lot so intention is there but not execution he desires.
I just heard earlier today Rids stating how much pressure he takes of the backs cos he is one of the few that will carry the ball and bring the ball out of dangerous territory.
Do you think he is in our next premiership? No is the answer but I used to think the same about Langers.

He was more than decent againts the Tigers - yes a couple of turnovers - but he was crucial late where he saved a couple of goals. I feel like he is building his confidence and form back - I’d drop others in our current 22 before him - if we can get him back into 2021/early 2022 form he’s a valuable asset with his speed and run from defence (and ability to kick goals) all points of difference

Yeah we won, but he was shaky as hell with and without the footy.

He was still busting his gut late into the last quarter which I’ll give him great credit for, but I don’t see a role for him.

Yeah we won, but he was shaky as hell with and without the footy.

He was still busting his gut late into the last quarter which I’ll give him great credit for, but I don’t see a role for him.
I want it to work, I love the story of a player drafted from our vfl team coming back to us at first opportunity. It’s cool that his gf plays for us too.

But as a footballer he’s limited… has some nice tricks but he’s in the same basket as Snelling and probably Guelfi in that I don’t see us getting much more out of them than what we’ve already seen. Still a role player though and you need those

I want it to work, I love the story of a player drafted from our vfl team coming back to us at first opportunity. It’s cool that his gf plays for us too.

But as a footballer he’s limited… has some nice tricks but he’s in the same basket as Snelling and probably Guelfi in that I don’t see us getting much more out of them than what we’ve already seen. Still a role player though and you need those

Given he can go forward, back and even wing I think it’s sub or nothing, good depth to have.

If you’re going to be as big a defensive liability as he is you’ve got to be so, so damaging and constructive with ball in hand and I don’t think the pros outweigh the cons.

D’Ambrosio is 9 years younger, better with the ball, harder at the footy and there’s plenty of time for him to improve on the defensive aspects.

I don’t mind Hind but seems to have lost a yard….not breaking lines as he used to

Used to be Shohib Akhtar express but now he’s more Jason Gillespie brisk. Still quick, but he doesn’t scare the living shit out of you.

Alternatively, could be instruction from coach.

As good as Merrett's chase on Dusty was in that final passage, Hinds was poor in contrast.

Then compare that to how hard he ran next to Redman when we had the ball. If only he ran that hard both ways.

As good as Merrett's chase on Dusty was in that final passage, Hinds was poor in contrast.

Then compare that to how hard he ran next to Redman when we had the ball. If only he ran that hard both ways.
i had wanted to point that out but was feeling buoyant after the win

for all the deserved plaudits of zach's chase on Dusty....he started a good 2-3m behind Hind and ran past him to get to Dusty.

Totally agree with this, and the way he just puts his head down and tries to run out when he is being tackled, as opposed to looking up for options to pass to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonce, I’m happy to nail Hind if his efforts are poor but that is a harsh call. Have another look at it. Hind is facing Martin as he gets the ball. He has Cotchin limiting him on the turn and Merrett comes from behind Martin with momentum. For Hind to get up pace from that position to outrun Merrett is nigh on impossible. He did pull up as Merrett got hold of him. Maybe he could have kept charging at Martin too but his initial effort to run down Martin was fine given his positioning.

Bonce, I’m happy to nail Hind if his efforts are poor but that is a harsh call. Have another look at it. Hind is facing Martin as he gets the ball. He has Cotchin limiting him on the turn and Merrett comes from behind Martin with momentum. For Hind to get up pace from that position to outrun Merrett is nigh on impossible. He did pull up as Merrett got hold of him. Maybe he could have kept charging at Martin too but his initial effort to run down Martin was fine given his positioning.
I never said he had to beat Merrett, maybe read my post rather than read what you think I said.

I said compared to Merrett it was poor, and it was. Merrett busted his gut, Hind let him brush past, took 2/3 steps and threw in the towel.

Imagine if Dusty had dropped it, Hind isn't there to clean up because he gave up on the play. It was poor effort.

Last edited:
I never said he had to beat Merrett, maybe read my post rather than read what you think I said.

I said compared to Merrett it was poor, and it was. Merrett busted his gut, Hind let him brush past, took 2/3 steps and threw in the towel.

Imagine if Dusty had dropped it, Hind isn't there to clean up because he gave up on the play. It was poor effort.
This is where your posting can be abrasive mate. I love your banter and sense of humour but saying ‘maybe I should read your post’ is condescending at best. I read your post and I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two as Hind was in a disadvantaged position to begin with. 21 other Essendon players would’ve been outrun by Merrett if in Hind’s starting position.

This is where your posting can be abrasive mate. I love your banter and sense of humour but saying ‘maybe I should read your post’ is condescending at best. I read your post and I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two as Hind was in a disadvantaged position to begin with. 21 other Essendon players would’ve been outrun by Merrett if in Hind’s starting position.
Says the bloke that told me to "have another look." 🙄

At least I addressed your post. I've already told you I never said Hind should've outrun Merrett.

Last edited:
Says the bloke that told me to "have another look." 🙄

At least I addressed your post. I've already told you I never said Hind should've outrun Merrett.
Bonce, you’re suggesting I didn’t read your post. I didn’t suggest you didn’t look at the footage, just that it’s worth looking at again.

At any rate, I thought Hind’s effort wasn’t bad enough to call out there. He props at the end once Merrett makes the tackle. I think that Merrett’s effort is so good that it’s going to make anyone’s effort look poor in contrast.

And I appreciate you responding to the post. No hard feelings mate.

i had wanted to point that out but was feeling buoyant after the win

for all the deserved plaudits of zach's chase on Dusty....he started a good 2-3m behind Hind and ran past him to get to Dusty.

Very different chases though. Hind starting flat footed next to a different Richmond player.

The comments in here make it sound like he didn’t put in an effort.

Needed to put the block on for Redman too.

But gee his desperate spoil to save Dusty’s goal was important.
Definitely could have put a block on instead of calling for the ball. That’s something that a lot of players seem to overlook in the modern game

Be it spot on or nit-picking, this is a trend of Hind over the years. For a guy who is lightning quick, he picks and chooses on his chases.

Go back and watch the Josh Daicos Goty (Can't remember if it won?) from last year... I think it was last year. Hind is near him, about 70m, loses the contest and absolutely gives it, while Merrett sprints past him for 20-30m to chase.

Edit: Just rewatched it, and Merrett's chase isn't even that great either, looks like he's lumbering along. But Hind nowhere to be seen.

Be it spot on or nit-picking, this is a trend of Hind over the years. For a guy who is lightning quick, he picks and chooses on his chases.

Go back and watch the Josh Daicos Goty (Can't remember if it won?) from last year... I think it was last year. Hind is near him, about 70m, loses the contest and absolutely gives it, while Merrett sprints past him for 20-30m to chase.

Edit: Just rewatched it, and Merrett's chase isn't even that great either, looks like he's lumbering along. But Hind nowhere to be seen.
Draper won it.
Josh was pretty good though :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back