19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

what are peoples thoughts about round 1?

XAVS v EMMAUS
RUPS v NOBS
AQUINAS v ST.BERNARDS
REDS v THERRY
DE LA v WESTYS

my tips would be
EMMAUS by 4
NOBS by 30
BERNARDS - BYE
REDS by 24
WESTY by 36

Care to tell us why, Ninja?

I am aware of how much a 19's team can change from year to year, but it would be fairly odd for a finals team from '06 to be absolute rubbish not capable of beating anyone in '07.

But as I said, tell us why this is going to happen; I'm more than willing ot listen and take it on board...

Care to tell us why, Ninja?

I am aware of how much a 19's team can change from year to year, but it would be fairly odd for a finals team from '06 to be absolute rubbish not capable of beating anyone in '07.

But as I said, tell us why this is going to happen; I'm more than willing ot listen and take it on board...

Very simple, if you don't field a team, you don't beat anyone. (Of course the flip side is you won't get beaten either.)
Aquinas won't be fielding an under 19 team in '07

Yeh emmaus have been relegated to this division but surely they won't beat anyone... They were nothing short of pathetic last year...Not one player was better than every other teams 18 best players...

Xavs by 25, on the basis that they will be at full strength at home

Nobs by 15, Rupo are going to struggle

Bernards with the newly appointed bye

Therry by 15, have some big strong recruits and will upset the premiership favourites who have lost donato, olarenshaw and possibly Biggs

De La by 30, at home will take westbourne

aquinas not going to field a team? wah?

bernards are usually a fairly big team; but this is the 2's i guess. should be a good game either way - unless it doesnt happen :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOBS = Rabble
although they do have the dominating back pocket in tristan joss
wouldnt b surprise if they didnt win a game:cool:

NOBS = Rabble
although they do have the dominating back pocket in tristan joss
wouldnt b surprise if they didnt win a game:cool:

Going to have to agree with you there Gaffa ive heard similar rumours of them struggling to fill a full 18, though my tip is they'll still beat rupo this week.

and i am going have to eat humble pie on the aquinas topic:( sad it is as they were a formidable outfit last year

Yep that's not good news - now makes the bye important though :D!

So where are the aquinas boys going to play then? Any club going to receive the majority of the benefit?

definately going to rattle things up pre-season!

cheers.

I'm going to go with:

Xavs to beat Emmaus: Haven't seen emmaus, so find this one hard to comment on. Mightysainters assures us they're rubbish, but who knows with such a player turnover in 19's. Regardless, know xavs have great numbers and should have a strong team in 1's = strong team in 2's, with a split undoubtedly not properly established between 1's and 2's yet (see De La reasoning). Xavs by 25pts on a big ground favourable to runners.

NOBS to beat Rupo: Me thinks that the roadtrain hasn't the depth to support a quallity seconds team, and that they'll suffer with real stars in the 1's. Nobs played some good, tall footy last year, and could see a similar pattern this year - despite them reportedly struggling with numbers. I dont think that the 'home of the ashes' should be a daunting arena first game, despite its distance. Nobs by 10pts. (am going to hold rupo as the smokey this year though)

Bellars to beat Westies: Westbourne did make ground on a slowish start last year, but nonetheless it did come later in the season. De la, however, have the home advantage (play it PERFECTLY), and i doubt that the split between 1's and 2's has been established properly yet: this in mind, could have a few players who should be playing ones but aren't yet. 15pts to Bellars.

Reds to beat Therry: Obviously this tip comes from the reds' performance last year. Made it right to finals and put up a good show even there. Therry, on the other hand, had the wood only on xavs last year and were beaten by everyone else at least once. Haven't seen too much to suggest otherwise, so am going with Reds by 20pts.

Bernies to beat round 1 jitters/cobwebs: Bernies by 0%.

Cheers guys, & best of luck for round 1!

Tipping the 2nds teams to do well early. Usually a few blokes who are good enough to play 1sts will start in the 2nds, because they've only just come down to training, so the coach rewards those who've done a full pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back