19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

fitzroy looked good but haven been real impressive i wouldnt have thought!!!!

smoky is emmaus, only just lost fitzroy and beat de la comfortably!! when they played fitzroy too they didnt go down by too much and the game ended with a massive brawl so the next encounter should be a beauty!!!

obciously you guys have lacked in the research department over the pre season!!! many of you are going over the top with fitzroy and forgetting about emmaus!! they have recruited very strongly over the off season and have a couple of special in sam clayfield (3) and rocco capperleri (19) clayfield picked up league best and fairest at his old club last year and capperleri easily won the leading goal kicker with 65 goals!!! these are yet to make there mark after makin the move to the big smoke and is u ask me are soon to set the league alight!!!

Beaten 4 in the bottom 3? Maths not my strong suit, but does that make sense, 4 into 3? Anyway, maybe one of the reasons those teams are near the bottom is because Fitzroy beat them, thus putting them there?
As far as upsetting Ninja, not at all, just pointing out some facts to those that didn't know them.
(And I haven't seen any evidence here of the Fitzroy kids getting carried away with themselves.)

I would say the stronger reasoning is found in their other results; take a look at them. The only win notched by one of them was against another of the bottom 3... by 20pts...

(Oh and how anally-retentive are you to be picking people up on their maths. I'm sure you knew exactly what I meant and I'm sorry you couldn't think up something slightly less petty to open your response.)

I would say the stronger reasoning is found in their other results; take a look at them. The only win notched by one of them was against another of the bottom 3... by 20pts...

(Oh and how anally-retentive are you to be picking people up on their maths. I'm sure you knew exactly what I meant and I'm sorry you couldn't think up something slightly less petty to open your response.)

Anally-retentive? Ouch! As I said, maths is not my strong suit, I can't get my head around 4s into 3s and all that. I can think up much more petty stuff if I really want to, so don't ever apologise, it's a sign of weakness.

I think the moral of the story if that, unlike some clubs which plead NOT to go up a section on the basis that they have lost quality upper-age players (eg. Old Camberwell, Old Paradians, Old Essendon) the Reds actually offered to play up a level, but the VAFA returned them to North for 2007. Not much the Reds can do about it, except play the best footy they can under the circumstances.

If anyone who plays in North section doesn't like it, there's an easy solution. Work harder, get better, and try to knock them off. :thumbsu:

fitzroy looked good but haven been real impressive i wouldnt have thought!!!!

smoky is emmaus, only just lost fitzroy and beat de la comfortably!! when they played fitzroy too they didnt go down by too much and the game ended with a massive brawl so the next encounter should be a beauty!!!

Emmaus a smokey? They beat De La by 20 odd points, these huge margins must translate to "comfortable" at St Leo's.

Credit to St Leos for winning but when they are playing a seconds side which is at the mercy of the ones they would always be in with a massive chance if not even considered favorites.

Fact of the matter is De La had 5 changes from their side that was travelling nicely but pending on injury's in the De La seniors and premier U/19's should have a very very competitive side on the park this week against the reds

what do people make of the results from the weekend? fitzroy comfortably over de la shows that either fitzroy are a whole lot better than de la or de la were missing many players who were on under19 1s duty. emmaus have recently been talked up on here but were beaten convincingly by bernards. any excuse for that? or is emmaus just not as much as a "smokey" as everyone thinks. xavs easily accounted for therry, and i the nobs westborune score isnt up on the internet. if a final 4 had to be predicted now, who would people say? and why?
peace!

After the first 5 rounds the season is starting to pan out. The powerhouse team of the division seems to be the Reds and the two weaker teams seem to be NOBS and Therry. The other seven teams look to be abit inconsistent but it seems that Westbourne look to be a side that could give the Premiership abit of a shake and with the 2nd XVIII sides fighting for the other two spots in the four.

With what I have seen the ladder will look a little something like this at the end of the season.

1. Reds (No Doubt)

2. DeLa (With their 1's being the team to beat in the premier division and all talk of a lot a depth I think these guys should be considered in the running after they have played some of the better teams and only lost to Reds)

3. Westbourne (Have played 3 of the top 4 teams, winning 1 and losing 2 by not much. They have the advantage of being a 1sts team meaning they will be mainly bigger and stronger)

4. Xavs (Just lost the 1 so far to bernards who are a fairly similar team, have only beaten one other team that looks to be any good who are the boys from hoppers. Will be expecting a finals birth)

5. Bernards (This team is very hard to judge, They have beaten Xavs and Leos but have lost to DeLa and Westbourne. I think this team is heavily influenced by there one's team and could end up sneaking under the radar of other teams. Will also be pushing for the finals)

6. Rupo (Will beat those teams that are below it pritty easily but just arent good enough to make it into the four)

7. Leos (Dont think this team is much with what i have seen from them, though they may have been missing a couple of players. All the teams they have played so far are the ones on the top of the ladder. They have beaten DeLa so they must be half decent. Might give them abit more time before i say to much more)

8. Therry (Will struggle with a lack of depth and so far havnt proven much)

9. NOBS ( In the same boat as Therry)

Here is my summary so far. My Conclusion is tht top spot and the bottom 2 has been already decided.

After the first 5 rounds the season is starting to pan out. The powerhouse team of the division seems to be the Reds and the two weaker teams seem to be NOBS and Therry. The other seven teams look to be abit inconsistent but it seems that Westbourne look to be a side that could give the Premiership abit of a shake and with the 2nd XVIII sides fighting for the other two spots in the four.

With what I have seen the ladder will look a little something like this at the end of the season.

1. Reds (No Doubt)

2. DeLa (With their 1's being the team to beat in the premier division and all talk of a lot a depth I think these guys should be considered in the running after they have played some of the better teams and only lost to Reds)

3. Westbourne (Have played 3 of the top 4 teams, winning 1 and losing 2 by not much. They have the advantage of being a 1sts team meaning they will be mainly bigger and stronger)

4. Xavs (Just lost the 1 so far to bernards who are a fairly similar team, have only beaten one other team that looks to be any good who are the boys from hoppers. Will be expecting a finals birth)

5. Bernards (This team is very hard to judge, They have beaten Xavs and Leos but have lost to DeLa and Westbourne. I think this team is heavily influenced by there one's team and could end up sneaking under the radar of other teams. Will also be pushing for the finals)

6. Rupo (Will beat those teams that are below it pritty easily but just arent good enough to make it into the four)

7. Leos (Dont think this team is much with what i have seen from them, though they may have been missing a couple of players. All the teams they have played so far are the ones on the top of the ladder. They have beaten DeLa so they must be half decent. Might give them abit more time before i say to much more)

8. Therry (Will struggle with a lack of depth and so far havnt proven much)

9. NOBS ( In the same boat as Therry)

Here is my summary so far. My Conclusion is tht top spot and the bottom 2 has been already decided.

ill clear a bit up here from a therry point of veiw - due to our struggling 1sts our 19s regulars (3 of which who still have 2 or more years of eligability) plus an extra four are playing in the 1sts. this has mainly caused us to be where we are at the moment. Soon enough we will regain these players whom have been in the 1sts since round 1 and will be much more competitive. We have also been plagued by injuries, unavailabilty and bad preparation over the last 3 weeks and in the next few to come. these are not excuses but merely facts and the proof will come in our preformances throughout july and onwards.

As of now, yes we are in the bottom two and may still be there in a couple weeks time but i believe that we will easily prove you wrong, and the fact you say rupo will easy account for teams currently below them is pure stupidity because we drew with them just under a month ago.

I'm going to go with:

Reds
Xavs
De La
St Bern

Westies
Rupo
Therry
Emmaus
NOBS

Obviously I'm biased, but am of the opinion that positions 2-5 could be mixed either way. So I decided may as well put xavs 2nd as opposed to 5th haha.

In regards to therry:
1. The longer the season goes on, the harder it will get to climb places - especially considering they're yet to win a game and have a pretty rough percentage.
2. What champs said applies to de la, xavs and st bernards; all have players in their 19 1's teams who are out or playing up, so it can be said they, too, aren't at full strength.
3. With AT LEAST 4 teams in red-hot competition for 3 places in the 4, at this early stage, therry's task is made harder as they will not be able to post wins against a number of lesser-lights and come into contention for a disputed 4th spot with the top 3 already sealed; they'd want to be posting wins against these 4 or 5 teams in contention VERY soon...

That said, it's too early to call it but these are my thoughts so far.

Cheers.

what do people make of the results from the weekend? fitzroy comfortably over de la shows that either fitzroy are a whole lot better than de la or de la were missing many players who were on under19 1s duty. emmaus have recently been talked up on here but were beaten convincingly by bernards. any excuse for that? or is emmaus just not as much as a "smokey" as everyone thinks. xavs easily accounted for therry, and i the nobs westborune score isnt up on the internet. if a final 4 had to be predicted now, who would people say? and why?
peace!

yes emmaus lost convincingly to a much better bernards side on the day granted but still would not write them off! missing many of their key players on the weekend and travelling didnt help. all excuses i know and they were thumped but i wouldnt be surprised if they upset quite a few games this year. with many of their key players from the country however i do see them strugling to win enough games to make finals as the majority of them will be missing for four weeks over uni holidays. they are a pretty handy side tho and im not sure why you are so against them blue cookie.

yes emmaus lost convincingly to a much better bernards side on the day granted but still would not write them off! missing many of their key players on the weekend and travelling didnt help. all excuses i know and they were thumped but i wouldnt be surprised if they upset quite a few games this year. with many of their key players from the country however i do see them strugling to win enough games to make finals as the majority of them will be missing for four weeks over uni holidays. they are a pretty handy side tho and im not sure why you are so against them blue cookie.

im not totally against them, i just dont understand why they are being talked up so much when their results are not that great. sure they pushed fitzroy and beat an understrength de la, but apart from that they havent been so impressive. xavs are quietly sitting 4-1 (5-1 this week after the bye) and they arent being talked up. bernards and westbourne seem to be settling into the top half of the ladder and emmaus dont look like they are in the top 5. hardly going to "upset quite a few" teams this year when they are only sitting above therry and NOB's.

Maybe Leos are the only team sending any feedback to the scribe? I did D2 a few years ago and only two teams sent me any info for the entire season!!!!! I could only get to one match a round naturally- so i relied heavily on feedback.I responded by giving the best write up to the teams who made an effort even though one of them ended up being relegated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for round 6

i'll get started.

Rupo v St. Leo's (leos by 20pts)
NOBs v St. Bern's (Burns by 80pts)
Therry v De La (De La by 18 points, i think this will be a lot closer than most would think)
Reds v Westbourne (Reds by 24 points)

Tips for round 6

i'll get started.

(leos bRupo v St. Leo's y 20pts)
NOBs v St. Bern's (Burns by 80pts)
Therry v De La (De La by 18 points, i think this will be a lot closer than most would think)
Reds v Westbourne (Reds by 24 points)

Rupo v St. Leo's (Rupo by 13 pts)
NOBs v St. Bern's (Bernies by 43pts - Patty Lambert to actually handball for once....)
Therry v De La (De La by 48 points)
Reds v Westbourne (Reds by 36 points)

The next round should be an absolute cracker, it will really help break the competition open.

Does anyone have any feedback from the weekend gone regarding how rupo lost at home and also what the game between reds and westbourne was like.

The next round should be an absolute cracker, it will really help break the competition open.

Does anyone have any feedback from the weekend gone regarding how rupo lost at home and also what the game between reds and westbourne was like.

top of the table match this week between reds and xavs? tips?

Is Michael Costello back from his overseas jaunt yet? He alone should catapult Therry back up the ladder.

unfortunately he is still remains overseas trying his hand at some english cricket - and coincedently watched his father made 139 over the w/e. also with gareth rees and steven babo both not playing unders the task of climbing the ladder is made increasingly difficult.

Cameo, may i ask how Nobs are shaping up for this weeks biggest clash?

unfortunately he is still remains overseas trying his hand at some english cricket - and coincedently watched his father made 139 over the w/e. also with gareth rees and steven babo both not playing unders the task of climbing the ladder is made increasingly difficult.

Here are my tips for the week,

NOBS to beat Therry by 4 goals, NOBS arent as bad as everyone thinks they just need to train

Westbourne to give leos a touch up

big game against REDS and XAVS but reckon REDS will win by 3 goals

And finally BERNARDS to give RUPO a good old thumping by 10 goals

Congrats to old man Ron for the big ton, I look forward to hearing the innings in detail at Rayner over summer.

Rees is soft. All huff and puff, no action.
Babo is a massive loss, I'll grant you that.

COBs these days Mike. Shaping up pretty well, and the boys are keen to avenge the two 'stolen' games last year and expect a tight game at the Gillon.

Looking forward to the Match of the round xavs vs Reds...rumours are that the cash man is on the prowl ready to fill up his money bags. Just hope he can get away from work as a bus driver.

Looking forward to the Match of the round xavs vs Reds...rumours are that the cash man is on the prowl ready to fill up his money bags. Just hope he can get away from work as a bus driver.

big win by the reds.
the "cashman" was quiet in a 54 point victory for the roys, who have a bye next week and sit 2 games clear.

any reports on how the westbourne side is going this year, i see on the website that they came close to fitzroy. how do they rate compared to the rest of the comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back