19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Around the Ground said:
It is not grammatically incorrect to use 'or' in the above context. The paragraph should have read, ‘Would you like me to concentrate on grammar and punctuation, as well as the poor spelling?’

So let's not take it that far. Anyway i've heard some of what you said as well untapped. Where did you hear or see any of them?
What year did u finish at Xavier?

Around the Ground said:
It is not grammatically incorrect to use 'or' in the above context. The paragraph should have read, ‘Would you like me to concentrate on grammar and punctuation, as well as the poor spelling?’

So let's not take it that far. Anyway i've heard some of what you said as well untapped. Where did you hear or see any of them?

I am sorry i could not resist this. No-one should be picked up for poor grammar on a forum, however when said person uses a double negative it is too tempting to resist pointing it out.

Forecast for Saturday
Cloudy with a possible shower or two then some light rain later. Cloud
increasing with light winds tending northerly before tending southwesterly
later.

Watsonia min 11 max 21

Especially when that double negative in fact reads to the affirmative, effectively negating his entire point. Probably should have just written: 'It is grammatically correct', saved himself the confusion caused in trying to construct a simple sentence.

But who cares about that, should be two ripper games and looking very forward to watching both teams go at it.
(oh and it's true, the xavs are the most successful ammo footy club of the past decade: there is no disputing that. So say what you will, but you don't win the number of flags and have the success they have playing 'soft' footy)

VAFA19s said:
(oh and it's true, the xavs are the most successful ammo footy club of the past decade: there is no disputing that. So say what you will, but you don't win the number of flags and have the success they have playing 'soft' footy)

Yeah you dont win flags by playing soft footy, however you will win flags in the ammos when your paying blokes as much as what Xavs were in those days. Sad isn't it, having to pay blokes so that your little president can feel a tiny bit of satisfaction in an otherwise pointless life. Oh well those with money will always win, which is a true lesson in life.

Westy's_Warriors said:
Yeah you dont win flags by playing soft footy, however you will win flags in the ammos when your paying blokes as much as what Xavs were in those days. Sad isn't it, having to pay blokes so that your little president can feel a tiny bit of satisfaction in an otherwise pointless life. Oh well those with money will always win, which is a true lesson in life.
Would u like to come foward and name those players, or not? I suppose you are just like everyone else and assume that we paid players because we were that good.

How about, Gowers, Beetham, Parton, and Cranage just to name a few, all seemed to be around when those premierships were being won. However for some reason didn't stick around for much longer after that, many playing in leagues were payment for services is not illegal.

Westy's_Warriors said:
How about, Gowers, Beetham, Parton, and Cranage just to name a few, all seemed to be around when those premierships were being won. However for some reason didn't stick around for much longer after that, many playing in leagues were payment for services is not illegal.

you'd assume that wouldnt u, just shows how good the xavs are, that for u to justify their success they must be cheating. u couldnt be further from the truth and the sad thing is you'll never understand because you'll never be apart of something as good as the old xavs, chin up!

come on BT
come on BT
come on BT
come on BT
come on BT
come on BT
come on BT
come on BT
come on BT

BT BOYS ARE GOING TO BE ON FIRE THIS WEEK END....

WATCH OUT AQUANIS U SOFT C O C K S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m.diddy makes a good point. I sure hope no-one was stooged by his coach, team-'mates' and club, and consequently missed out on playing finals.

eyy stooge {m diddy}

we do play players bcoz we can mate...

and if it WINS US A FLAG THEN up your ass..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An u-19 red flag would certainly be the crown jewel for BT, what with their seniors not making finals in... D1? Certainly gutsy to be so pleased about such form against a bloke from xavs, eyyyyyy redz? But if mediocrity warrants bragging rights and putting it up the ass (it's arse in australia by the way) of others - homa - then kudos redz, kudos to you.

smudger57 said:
geez jealousy is a curse. one player doesn't win finals for you. aquinas didn't want to win on sunday and BT did. it was that simple.

yep im pretty sure u are right
at the start of the match the umpires asked each team if they wanted to win....turns out aquinas had decided not to and the match was decided there and then...yup thats why they won, it was that simple....

and in regards to playing ppl who havent played all year, yeh maybe it is jealousy, or against wat the idea of footy is about, some kid plays all yr and come finals misses out, sounds like the ideology of most footy clubs, but im sure ur right, if you are that desperate to win a division red flag and then brag about it and then move on with ur footy career in division ummm d, then awesome, life prospects are looking great. Didnt see old xavs bring in their whole division one side just to smash bt
basically not the done thing
so no, not jealousy, just playing fair

VAFA19s said:
An u-19 red flag would certainly be the crown jewel for BT, what with their seniors not making finals in... D1? Certainly gutsy to be so pleased about such form against a bloke from xavs, eyyyyyy redz? But if mediocrity warrants bragging rights and putting it up the ass (it's arse in australia by the way) of others - homa - then kudos redz, kudos to you.

strauchany said:
yep im pretty sure u are right
at the start of the match the umpires asked each team if they wanted to win....turns out aquinas had decided not to and the match was decided there and then...yup thats why they won, it was that simple....

and in regards to playing ppl who havent played all year, yeh maybe it is jealousy, or against wat the idea of footy is about, some kid plays all yr and come finals misses out, sounds like the ideology of most footy clubs, but im sure ur right, if you are that desperate to win a division red flag and then brag about it and then move on with ur footy career in division ummm d, then awesome, life prospects are looking great. Didnt see old xavs bring in their whole division one side just to smash bt
basically not the done thing
so no, not jealousy, just playing fair

Firstly, if your going to bag U19 Red section then why waste your time writing in it? If teams were not to take red section seriously then how would they ever get out of it? And it seems that you are a bit annoyed with BT and who they play, why are you taking it so seriously? Its just red section isn't it?

Secondly, regarding Xavs not bringing players down to their 2's, as i am sure you are aware (as i gather you are a bitter Xavs fan), your first team is in the finals and doing quite well, hence could not bring the whole side down even if they wanted to. However had they not been in the finals, would you not bolster your side with those players that would be eligible to play in the 2's side? I'm pretty sure that when it comes to finals you would put your best team on the park each and every time, otherwise it may as well be another home and away game.

Henry24 said:
Firstly, if your going to bag U19 Red section then why waste your time writing in it? If teams were not to take red section seriously then how would they ever get out of it? And it seems that you are a bit annoyed with BT and who they play, why are you taking it so seriously? Its just red section isn't it?

Secondly, regarding Xavs not bringing players down to their 2's, as i am sure you are aware (as i gather you are a bitter Xavs fan), your first team is in the finals and doing quite well, hence could not bring the whole side down even if they wanted to. However had they not been in the finals, would you not bolster your side with those players that would be eligible to play in the 2's side? I'm pretty sure that when it comes to finals you would put your best team on the park each and every time, otherwise it may as well be another home and away game.

well said Henry24. you seriously can't tell me that if a vfl listed ruckman was eligible to play finals you would not pick him. you are off your rocker if you say you wouldn't.

when i said i aquinas didn't want to win, it was figuratively speaking. when the ball was there to be won, they were nowhere to be seen. to kick only 2 goals in a prelim final (all in the 2nd qtr with a 4 goal wind mind you) is poor.

anyways, enough dwelling on the past and sour grapes. lets looke forward to wat looks like a cracking gf between fitzroy and bt. the combined total of fitzroys wins over bt this year is 114pts. can bt turn the tables? or will fitzroy continue their dominance over the bullants?

Seems gentleman or boys depending on the maturity of the recent posts that the Grand Final will be a ripper.

Fitzroy beat Aquinas by a small margin (which flattered Aquinas as Fitzroy where on top all day)
BT beat Aquinas convincingly.
Re playing players that have played seniors earlier in the year assume this is in reference Waters? Surely 1 player can not make that bigger difference...
Re some one missing out .. this is not junior football ...its life.... each member of the team has a role to play ... some in playing others in supporting the bigger picture...(club success)

It is only the (selfish) who put themselves a head of the greater good, a team winning a premiership does much good for it sfutre prospects of growing and continuing to succeed...life is at times unfair... so is footy....
Accept it, embrace it and get on with it...

BT in a close one , very experienced coach and a team with a lot of momentum.. either way enjoy the day

Are Fitzroy going to move up a division if they win the flag this week?
They have won the last couple haven't they so obviuosly deserve to promotion but seem to stay in u19red. Don't get me wrong, Reds is a fantastic division, it just makes sense that if you win your team moves up a division. To contiually make the finals and do well in red section indicates they have a good bunch of kids each year so why not take the chance to move up?
Just my thoughts and queries.
Good luck to both sides this weekend.:thumbsu:

Dudley Hamstrung said:
Are Fitzroy going to move up a division if they win the flag this week?
They have won the last couple haven't they so obviuosly deserve to promotion but seem to stay in u19red. Don't get me wrong, Reds is a fantastic division, it just makes sense that if you win your team moves up a division. To contiually make the finals and do well in red section indicates they have a good bunch of kids each year so why not take the chance to move up?
Just my thoughts and queries.
Good luck to both sides this weekend.:thumbsu:

dudley the promotion out of red (and i assume blue as well) sections is up to the coach of the side. a couple of years ago fitzroy dominated section red, yet they didn't go up a division. this wouldve been because the majority of players in that team were top age and therefore the team the next season weren't going to be as strong. so the coach wouldve asked that the team stay in red so they could be competitive. theres no fun in playing in a team that gets thumped every week. just look at emmaus/st leos this year!

also, the year before that, banyule (premiers) and uni blacks (runner up) both went up divisions. banyule to section 2 and blacks to section 3. up to coach's discretion

U/19 Red: NOBSFC

How are NOBSPC looking for the '07 season in the U/19 red section? How will they perform after recruiting and pre-season? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thoughts????

Henry24: I clearly wasn't bagging red section, merely the people who impart an arrogance towards a guy from xavs, to whom section red is, no doubt, a comparative minnow. Never did I suggest that teams shouldn't take it seriously and consequently I'm taking it seriously because if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing properly.

Furthermore, my comments implying that bringing a vfl player in for finals is wrong does not concern the merits of putting the best team on the park (smudger57 take note here), but rather that there is evidently a rule which perhaps need be rectified. Surely the fact that a team can, for finals, bring in any player who has not played a single home-and-away game throughout the season is unjust no matter who you are (though I understand if the BT guys defend its merits). But let me ask you this; hypothetically, if xavs' 19 1's had not made finals, and 'bolstered' their team with, surely it is reasonable for bt (who, sorry guys, would have been comprehensively smashed) and the other finalists to reserve the right to voice their discontent as m.diddy has? The point being made here is that it's unjust for such players to be eligible in the first place... do you not agree?

VAFA19s said:
Henry24: I clearly wasn't bagging red section, merely the people who impart an arrogance towards a guy from xavs, to whom section red is, no doubt, a comparative minnow. Never did I suggest that teams shouldn't take it seriously and consequently I'm taking it seriously because if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing properly.

Furthermore, my comments implying that bringing a vfl player in for finals is wrong does not concern the merits of putting the best team on the park (smudger57 take note here), but rather that there is evidently a rule which perhaps need be rectified. Surely the fact that a team can, for finals, bring in any player who has not played a single home-and-away game throughout the season is unjust no matter who you are (though I understand if the BT guys defend its merits). But let me ask you this; hypothetically, if xavs' 19 1's had not made finals, and 'bolstered' their team with, surely it is reasonable for bt (who, sorry guys, would have been comprehensively smashed) and the other finalists to reserve the right to voice their discontent as m.diddy has? The point being made here is that it's unjust for such players to be eligible in the first place... do you not agree?

Totally agree with you... This is nothing against Bulleen at all because most teams would want to do the same to win a premiership. Just think maybe the rules should be changed about the certain amount of games needed to have played. In sayin this though Bulleen were well deserved winners on Sunday as they clearly outplayed us over four quarters, we have no excuses at all, it was a major loss not have Cross in our side for the finals and Stewart playing injured in the Prelim but Bulleen were simply to good.

After playing both teams in 2 weeks i urge anyone who is thinkin about a game to see to go watch this game, ppl might say red section why would you wanna watch that but these two sides are as tough as they come and it will be a great game. I think Bulleen will win by 4 goals. The ruck dual will be great with both ruckmans being great players.

Good luck to both teams!

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back