1st 3 Mobile Ashes Test @ Brisbane (Thu-Mon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee wont be dropped. If anyone is dropped, it will be Clark, i actually think they might not play 2 spinners though, the selectors are to pussy to make the decision. Even though MacGill is bowling well.

MacGill will come in to the squad, but I dont think he will play. Especially if Watson doesnt come up.

MacGill, never been a fan, bowls absolute half trackers, Pietersen will have a field day.

The Gabba would have been penciled in for an Aussie victory at the start of the series by most pundits, and that is what has transpired. England would be disappointed not necessarily at losing, but by the manner in which they lost. Unable to penetrate at all with the ball (except for Flintoff), and very careless with the bat (Strauss twice, Flintoff, Pieterson, Collingwood).

The series will tighten up from now on, but the Aussies have had the best possible start. Punter, Lang, McGrath, Hussey and Clark were all very good.

Drop Giles for Panesar
and Anderson for Mahmood

I Cant see how you can drop Jones his glovework was solid and his batting was above average as well....

Lee wont be dropped. If anyone is dropped, it will be Clark, i actually think they might not play 2 spinners though

I agree. The selectors tend to be very loyal to the incumbents, so I think Lee will be retained. There is more chance of Clark being dropped. But I think they will keep the quicks and either leave MacGill out or go with 5 bowlers.

I don't think the selectors will change the side.

The bowlers were great, though Lee was not as good as the others, the batting was fine, Clarke made 56 when he was called upon, I would say go in with the same line-up and give Watson another test to come up, then give him another test, then another test, and so on, and never let him play for Australia ever again.

I don't think the selectors will change the side.

The bowlers were great, though Lee was not as good as the others, the batting was fine, Clarke made 56 when he was called upon, I would say go in with the same line-up and give Watson another test to come up, then give him another test, then another test, and so on, and never let him play for Australia ever again.

Clarke hasn't made any real runs since 2004, he has a very poor average in 2005, in the mid 30s. He has a terrible defensive stance and always goes out after a start. He should have made a hundred against England in the first innings. There are a number of batsmen in Australia who deserve that spot ahead of Clarke.

Hodge had a 66 average and was dropped. Same old story, if you are from NSW/QLD you are given 10 years to find form. CA is a farce. It has been a joke for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English summer? In county cricket??? HMMMMMM

I'm judging him on previous performances for England. They havent been much good
No, English summer, playing for England, against Pakistan. He improved throughout the whole series and slowly started to look very dangerous especially with the older ball which is a dangerous sign. He bowls a lot better than Anderson bowled in this match and certaintly better than Harmison. Bring him in..:thumbsu:

Dropping Harmison isn't the answer for England, if he was to be dropped, his confidence would be below zero, and he'd be useless for the rest of the tour. He needs overs under his belt, and he got that at The Gabba, he also took a wicket or two, and that will help him aswell, I don't expect Harmison to be that woeful for the rest of the tour, but I also don't expect him to improve enough to rip through The Aussie batting.

I think England will drop Anderson and bring in Panesar, leaving Mahmood out again. I think England might be best opening with Flintoff and Hoggard and bowling Harmison first change. When Panesar comes into the attack, he is a wicket taking bowler, who looks to take wickets all the time, and I have no doubts he'll take his fair share should he get the nod to play. I am looking forward to watching Panesar bowl against the best side in the world at some stage during the series.

On matters selection

Assuming Watson doesn't come up (I dont think they'll risk him). And Clark is retained (would be hard to drop him) and Australia win in Adelaide - it will be very difficult fior the selectors to spring a change after that you would think

Clarke hasn't made any real runs since 2004, he has a very poor average in 2005, in the mid 30s. He has a terrible defensive stance and always goes out after a start. He should have made a hundred against England in the first innings. There are a number of batsmen in Australia who deserve that spot ahead of Clarke.

Hodge had a 66 average and was dropped. Same old story, if you are from NSW/QLD you are given 10 years to find form. CA is a farce. It has been a joke for a long time.

It has been a joke, and will continue to be, Hodge should never have been dropped, and infact, in those numerous threads predicting Australia's XI, Hodge was in my side, and I still rate him better than Martyn, who played another stupid shot to get himself out once again. I think Hodge should bat at #4, and I think for the time being, Clarke should be kept in at #6, because eventually, he will bat at #4 or #5 and captain the side.

Hodge > Martyn

Rubbish. Martyn has shown countless times that he is an integeral part of the team.
Hodge isn't even the last Australian to be dropped after making a double century.

He is a good backup if Martyn, Clarke, or Hussey is injured, but he wouldn't even be in contention to get a gig after the team made 10/802 in this test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back