• Sri Lanka Win

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep a chase of 5 early on Day 3.

Rain forecast every day, so even if it's on day 5, it wont of have had 5 days of wear.

SL is up against it though...With the rain, if they bat long enough to get a decent lead, there mightn't be enough time to avoid the draw. I wouldn't say they're 'playing for the draw' yet, but lose a couple more sessions (not unlikely) and they probably will be.

On the upside though, both sides have been scoring pretty fast, so there is hope.

My thoughts were clearly right on the money too...

Love how nonchalant everyone is about the result.

First test victory in Sri Lanka in a decade and a 10 wicket victory to boot, coming after a test series win in Pakistan.

Unbeaten in 4 consecutive tests in the subcontinent is a huge turn around.
Probably because we only played in SL one other time in that 10 years and they put up a Shield quality team. It’s good to get the win but let’s not get carried away. Pakistan was a better result, clearly.

If we win this series back to back series wins on the sub continent is a massive achievement, I don't care how many try to downplay it.

Avoid defeat in the 2nd test in Galle and I can see Australia being unbeaten in 15 tests when heading to India early next year.

If we win this series back to back series wins on the sub continent is a massive achievement, I don't care how many try to downplay it.

Avoid defeat in the 2nd test in Galle and I can see Australia being unbeaten in 15 tests when heading to India early next year.
If that is the case it would mean we haven't lost a test since India at the Gabba, and it would've been over 2 calendar years without a loss.

No matter who it is against, winning is better than losing.

Good result but the first two Pakistan Tests a all time XI couldnt get results on so it was technically a one Test shoot off for the series win.

I wish we played more tests. Lots of waiting around in between
Same, when I said Lyon's probably going to stay in the top ten wicket takers list for a long time I didn't mean it as a good thing because it means not enough Test matches are being played. Lyon will go past Steyn next Test too so two bowlers will need to overtake his final tally. If Rabada doesn't end up overtaking Lyon then he'll probably only be passed from here by an Australian bowler, an Indian spinner or an English seamer, no other country plays enough Test cricket anymore.

It would back to back away series wins after 6 freakin years without a single away series win anywhere, crazy how nonchalant some people are about this considering how awful we have been away for so long.

Surely next WTC we'll tour the West Indies ? Don't think we have since 2015 or 2016.

you'd think so.

if there are 6 test series in each cycle and thats cycle 3 = 18 test series

3 v eng, 3 v india 2 each against the other 6 nations (1 home/1 away) - surely !

so it should be sri lanka, bang at home and west indies and nz away with eng & india

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very hard to find these days but actually some decent length highlights of each days play on the sri lankan cricket youtube page(20 minutes per day)

Most of the cricket boards now do excellent highlights packages on YouTube. I'd say Australia, India and NZ are the worst at it but you usually get Kayo Minis for Australia and India atleast.

Jumping in late to this test

But how did Lyon not get MOTM?

I love Greenie more than most - but 9 poles beats 70 odd runs

And yes I know that those 70 runs on a minefield are worth more

But when it’s a flat track and bowler takes 6 wickets - they still give it to the batsman who makes 180

Jumping in late to this test

But how did Lyon not get MOTM?

I love Greenie more than most - but 9 poles beats 70 odd runs

And yes I know that those 70 runs on a minefield are worth more

But when it’s a flat track and bowler takes 6 wickets - they still give it to the batsman who makes 180
Tbf, does it go under the age old "two wrong's don't make a right?" just because a bat on a flat wicket makes 180 and gets MOTM while a bloke takes 6 wickets may be wrong in some eyes, same with Green and Lyon.

Tbf, does it go under the age old "two wrong's don't make a right?" just because a bat on a flat wicket makes 180 and gets MOTM while a bloke takes 6 wickets may be wrong in some eyes, same with Green and Lyon.

Nope - our spinners did the business and extracted more out of the pitch

Lyon was the most dominant player in the match

3 more of the sri lankan squad out with covid, if it was the away team test would already be off but i wonder how many home side can lose before they have to cancel the test?

From article sounds like our guys are tested daily but Sl only tested due to three players feeling unwell otherwise it appears they don't do daily tests like we do on the squad.

In years gone past - i'd want Starc picked for his batting on the SC as much as his bowling.

But if the pitch allows Travis Head to bowl balls like he did last match - no point having 2 frontline seamers.

Some of those balls would fit into a mirrored Warne montage.

In years gone past - i'd want Starc picked for his batting on the SC as much as his bowling.

But if the pitch allows Travis Head to bowl balls like he did last match - no point having 2 frontline seamers.

Some of those balls would fit into a mirrored Warne montage.

Yeah it's a fair enough move, but surely you'd bat Maxwell at 7 though.

Yeah it's a fair enough move, but surely you'd bat Maxwell at 7 though.

Not the way Carey was batting.

I think Carey was lucky to hold his spot with substandard glovework after the ashes - but his ability to manage/attack spin iis to be lauded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back