1st Test: India v Australia @ Chennai (Fri-Tue)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third is embarrassing.

How many decent Test playing nations are three?

It's not. Not with the players we've got. It's about right if you consider that teams like Pakistan are a bit crazy with the bat and India mostly only play well at home. SA and England are far more experienced than we are as a unit. Both have much stronger batting line-ups to go with decent and more experienced attacks than we have.

Hugely disappointed in Lyon's bowling this innings.
He has been quite good today, keeping Dhoni very honest after the pasting he gave Starc and Henriques. Took the key wicket of Sachin from good bowling, and then was prepared to keep flighting it up to Kohli and was finally rewarded. I was hugely disappointed in him yesterday, but he has done nothing wrong today. As I've said, has been our best bowler along with Patto.

He has been quite good today, keeping Dhoni very honest after the pasting he gave Starc and Henriques. Took the key wicket of Sachin from good bowling, and then was prepared to keep flighting it up to Kohli and was finally rewarded. I was hugely disappointed in him yesterday, but he has done nothing wrong today. As I've said, has been our best bowler along with Patto.

I'm following the game on cricinfo and am getting a very different reading into his performance today. Interesting.

It's not. Not with the players we've got. It's about right if you consider that teams like Pakistan are a bit crazy with the bat and India mostly only play well at home. SA and England are far more experienced than we are as a unit. Both have much stronger batting line-ups to go with decent and more experienced attacks than we have.

Scary thing is, imagine how good the Saffers will be when they wake up to themselves and start resting Steyn every second test ;)

Looks like we've finally found a good backboard then, eh? :p
The ball has been keeping very low when coming through from the fast bowlers, he's kept very well to them to stop a fair few byes. Hasn't really been tested by Lyon yet though, which is where the challenge comes.

Why is Jadeja rated so highly?

Reading Cricinfo commentary, he doesn't seem to have a clue......
Looks like he has scored two triple hundreds and two 50s in their FC format, so I guess that probably helps him into the side. A bit like Maxwell is to us I reckon, probably a better short form player but goes ok in the longer form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need an injection of optimism on this board. The game's not gone yet. Get these last few wickets after tea for >50 and it's game on.

Hard to see us scoring a big enough score to set a decent enough target even if we keep them to a small lead.

Yeah I'm thinking that may explain it haha. Has been pretty harsh on the number of loose balls or freebies that Lyon has been dishing out all day.
Probably forgetting to comment the deliveries in between where he has been bowling beautifully and making himself very hard to score off. I can only remember 3 really loose deliveries from him today, which is a lot less than all our other bowlers, and isn't THAT bad.

Game will boil down to the third innings and what Australia leave India to chase. England won both games in India recently by bowling out India cheaply in the third innings of the match. Top four are under huge pressure.

Looks like he has scored two triple hundreds and two 50s in their FC format, so I guess that probably helps him into the side. A bit like Maxwell is to us I reckon, probably a better short form player but goes ok in the longer form.

Has Maxwell even scored 300 runs in a season let alone 1 match?

Probably forgetting to comment the deliveries in between where he has been bowling beautifully and making himself very hard to score off. I can only remember 3 really loose deliveries from him today, which is a lot less than all our other bowlers, and isn't THAT bad.

4.25 runs an over isn't that good for someone who has been proving hard to score off :p but I digress. I need to invest in Foxtel so I can see for myself instead of making claims stemming from cricinfo commentary haha.

Game will boil down to the third innings and what Australia leave India to chase. England won both games in India recently by bowling out India cheaply in the third innings of the match. Top four are under huge pressure.

Wow. Amazing insight right there: "game equal after 2 innings will come down to next innings being big enough to defend. The batsmen at the start will need to make runs".

4.25 runs an over isn't that good for someone who has been proving hard to score off :p but I digress. I need to invest in Foxtel so I can see for myself instead of making claims stemming from cricinfo commentary haha.

Yeah you do Merv.

Nothing will make me happier than seeing Dhoni fall short of the ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back