Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see how he goes in the new role, ideally for more than just one week. Two weeks is a long time in football, just ask Rory Lobb. Hopefully this is a chance he grabs with both hands.

I'm getting old and my memory is fading fast, but I can’t believe any of you saying Sleevo to the the backline is like some spontaneous revelation..

Can’t you remember the stint he had back there a while ago????

Well, here’s a quick reminder..

I'm getting old and my memory is fading fast, but I can’t believe any of you saying Sleevo to the the backline is like some spontaneous revelation..

Playing under David Noble would bring most of us undone.

Sheezel half back, ✅
Xerri full time ruck, ✅
Comben down back, ✅
Phillips as a def mid, ✅
Comben sent forward, ✅

I agree with you and everyone else on this board re Sleevo, but if he’s signed for another year then we have nothing to lose sending him down off hbf, especially if it allows Harry to play further up the field.

Playing under David Noble would bring most of us undone.

Sheezel half back, ✅
Xerri full time ruck, ✅
Comben down back, ✅
Phillips as a def mid, ✅
Comben sent forward, ✅

I agree with you and everyone else on this board re Sleevo, but if he’s signed for another year then we have nothing to lose sending him down off hbf, especially if it allows Harry to play further up the field.
Back then, I actually mentioned that he should go to the backline and get his hands on the pill when he wasn’t getting a touch up forward, so when it happened I was rapt, but when he dropped his head after kicking it to Buddy (and some other ordinary efforts scattered in too) I gave him life.

Sure he’ll rack up some cheapies tomorrow but he’ll want to throw himself around like George Wardlaw to get a lot of our trust back - and I mean weeks on end, not just one game..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back then, I actually mentioned that he should go to the backline and get his hands on the pill when he wasn’t getting a touch up forward, so when it happened I was rapt, but when he dropped his head after kicking it to Buddy (and some other ordinary efforts scattered in too) I gave him life.

Sure he’ll rack up some cheapies tomorrow but he’ll want to throw himself around like George Wardlaw to get a lot of our trust back - and I mean weeks on end, not just one game..
gordon farkas is more trustworthy

Yeah, haven’t forgotten that moment, that was memorable for all the wrong reasons. Surely he doesn’t play back this week

Has had no worries finding the footy across half back when played there previously.

When in space I'd argue he is a far better kick than Fisher. He isn't as a good of a ground ball player as Fisher though, so we could be more exposed defensively.

Either way, I'm not worried he is getting another crack at it, he has been our best performed VFL player over the last few weeks.

I believe he’s very much a confidence player. If he can get some cheapies and then
Yeah, haven’t forgotten that moment, that was memorable for all the wrong reasons. Surely he doesn’t play back this week
Who provides the run off HBF if he isn’t there then? Fisher McKerch and likely Harry out with injury

thank christ you brought it up. I thought i was losing my mind. Everyone in here acting like it's a new thing but it's been tried and he floundered. I'm all for trying it again because we have nothing to lose...he's almost done at North.

I believe he’s very much a confidence player. If he can get some cheapies and then

Who provides the run off HBF if he isn’t there then? Fisher McKerch and likely Harry out with injury
Yeah will be a bit of a conundrum if Harry’s out. Personally not keen on Scott playing back, he’s much better when played in position - if it’s not Jaidyn maybe Duurs gets to go back?

This surely has to be his make or break game...l hope he makes it as it would be good to have a player of his ability, and yes he has the ability, playing HB freeing up Colby and our other young talent to play further up the ground and reek havok on other clubs..

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back