Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

He still racked up 16 kicks, 10 handballs and 3 tackles, 88% de @69% game time. While his game appeared to be a car crash in slow motion, and I assumed he was going to be subbed out. I’m not sure Clarkson is going to drop him without giving him another shot down there based on how he rewards players this year.
Nick Larkey could rack up 25 touches playing loose down back.

He’s had one truely dominant game in 3 years.

He’s done.

He still racked up 16 kicks, 10 handballs and 3 tackles, 88% de @69% game time. While his game appeared to be a car crash in slow motion, and I assumed he was going to be subbed out. I’m not sure Clarkson is going to drop him without giving him another shot down there based on how he rewards players this year.

Sadly truth

I would happily have him play the rest of the games this year just as long as 5 mins after the last game his papers are stamped and his locker cleared out. Not part of any successfull future and his cat like tendencies are an insult to blokes like sheezle running round on the same pitch.

facebook zuckerberg GIF
tmp.gif

If this game was your introduction to afl, you would’ve sat there and said this kid did some good things and made some howlers. He’s better off for the run, will look a likely player in a few years when he develops his body.
Until someone taps you on the shoulder, pointing out he’s a senior player.

Well here’s another nerdy stats man who never played a game in his & knows 💩 about football. Welcome to BigFooty Gerard Wateley
I don’t have the time nor the crayons to describe to you that there is a real chance he gets selected next week based on his stats and on our history.
Especially if McKercher and Fisher don’t get up.
And I’ve stated twice, he shouldn’t be.

I don’t have the time nor the crayons to describe to you that there is a real chance he gets selected next week based on his stats and on our history.
Especially if McKercher and Fisher don’t get up.
And I’ve stated twice, he shouldn’t be.
Sarcasm is sometimes lost round here. Other than fish and kerch there is probably only laz and he is just as limited and shown repeatedly the he isnt the missing piece either. But i suppose at least it looks like laz tries?

I am not sure Clarkson talks to Brereton, but if he does*, there is no way Stephenson is getting another game.

* Hopefully, he does.
Yess derm wasnt exactly completely with his commentry re sleevo. Babbled on for 2 mins which could have more eloquntly be purveyed with 3 words. He is cooked

Last edited:
Sarcasm is sometimes lost round here. Other than fish and kerch there is probably only laz and he is just as limited and shown repeatedly the he isnt the missing piece either. But i suppose at least it looks like laz tries?
Exactly.
I have no idea how laz can continuously have his output at vfl level and just not be able to bring it to AFL. Is it purely a body development thing? In two years could he be really good or am I just being overly hopeful, and is he doomed for a Stephenson type of career?

For me though, I’d have Hardeman

Exactly.
I have no idea how laz can continuously have his output at vfl level and just not be able to bring it to AFL. Is it purely a body development thing? In two years could he be really good or am I just being overly hopeful, and is he doomed for a Stephenson type of career?

For me though, I’d have Hardeman
Hardeman, goater, sausage and bergman due to interupted careers havnt been able to have a block of games to see what they can offer yet imo.

Laz has and he is a genuine tweener like clarke and anthony were before him. 2s depth player.

He is not even a lazy player not reaching potentual like mason wood was until he clicked at the aints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damaged goods.

Unfortunately did not possess the mental strength required to withstand the sustained losses over the last 4 years.

His best season for us was his first, he's only just gotten worse since then..

But that's is a reflection of a bad club than a bad player though...

We haven't built on his asset to make him a better player but let him dwindle hoping him to continue coming up with top notch stuff without any input.

People might say but what about sheezal...well sheezal was put into a position that would best develop his natural abilities with his 'work experience' year in 2023 in the half back line. Now he is thriving as an attacking mid.

Putting S into the halback to eventually turn him into an attacking mid is probably his best bet because we really need those 25 - 30 y.o anchoring the team.

S has played 120 games almost and should be in the absolute peak of his career, if his career ends via delist then it says as much about his inability as it says about our dismal developmen program which is commonly accepted as VERY BAD for the last 2 decades.

We haven't built on his asset to make him a better player but let him dwindle hoping him to continue coming up with top notch stuff without any input.

People might say but what about sheezal...well sheezal was put into a position that would best develop his natural abilities with his 'work experience' year in 2023 in the half back line. Now he is thriving as an attacking mid.

Putting S into the halback to eventually turn him into an attacking mid is probably his best bet because we really need those 25 - 30 y.o anchoring the team.

S has played 120 games almost and should be in the absolute peak of his career, if his career ends via delist then it says as much about his inability as it says about our dismal developmen program which is commonly accepted as VERY BAD for the last 2 decades.
Sheezel wants to be great. Stevo wants to be great at online poker. Mentality has a lot to do with it.

Can I lock these ****ing players in a room and ask them, what are you doing here? What do you want out of this? Your career? Because if you’re gonna work your entire childhood-teenage life to get to the premier leagues and then get a fat paycheque and then decide “nup thats it I don’t need to try anymore” that’s not how this works, that’s not what this club or that jumper represents.

** off and stop wasting the time of the club and the supporters with hoping for the best, if you don’t care why the ** should we.
The problem is that this is the 3rd or 4th time we (supporters) have seen this definitely from Sleevo and yet Clarko has gone back to the well and picked him again.

IMO his selection was a shocker from Clarko's perspective - what is Clarko seeing here which no one else is? The answer will be nothing but the fact that Clarko still can't see this is a worry.

The problem is that this is the 3rd or 4th time we (supporters) have seen this definitely from Sleevo and yet Clarko has gone back to the well and picked him again.

IMO his selection was a shocker from Clarko's perspective - what is Clarko seeing here which no one else is? The answer will be nothing but the fact that Clarko still can't see this is a worry.
We aren’t really flush with options in the VFL. I think it’s more of a case that Stevo fell into the opportunity.

At what point does the player take responsibility for his skills and play?

It isn’t like he hasn’t had a chance to nail down a position.

He certainly has skills, just not for this team. If he can’t nail down a HB place by the end of the year, he will be the best paid player in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back