Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

His first year with us was quite good, but the hip injury in the 21/22 off season was the turning point.
All been pretty steadily downhill after that.
To be fair he’s been playing one of the hardest roles in footy

Half forward flank in a bottom 2 team

I liked the switch to wing/hbf later in the year this year

He’s talented and versatile still best 23 for mine when fit

To be fair he’s been playing one of the hardest roles in footy

Half forward flank in a bottom 2 team

I liked the switch to wing/hbf later in the year this year

He’s talented and versatile still best 23 for mine when fit
He has the talent to make a go of it. But does he have to fire in the belly to push himself, to get back to his best?

The retirement talk, may have been started by Jaidyn himself.

Disappointing in a sense that he has plenty of talent but clearly doesn't have the drive to become a good consistent player, seems happy to coast along and get paid. if we were a top 4 side I rekon he would be playing good footy and getting of the chain a lot more and his deficiencies would hardly be noticeable as others could cover them. Feels like its a bit of wrong timing for Sleevo as in when the wheel turns and we are good side, then he was recruited slots straight in and off we go

Think he’s worth keeping and giving him the final year of his contract to make the other wing his own. At his best, he offers more than Dylan Stevens but unfortunately we haven’t seen his best apart from that West Coast game in 2022.
He’s only worth keeping if the next olympics have prizes for gold medal bmx stunts off balconies

So wont get out to belgrave with his ex nm team mates. Prolly a better fit out at gembrook where they have a penchant for the wacky tobackie. Speaking of which hasnt spud had the gig out there?

He was down celebrating with Mitcham last year when the knocked off Garner’s South Belgrave in the grand final

is anyone actually hoping he stays? I doubt it. Says where he is at in our footy club.
If he's prepared to work harder and play like he did against the Tigers then I don't mind him staying. His best was very good, even with the odd cat-like moment.

He's a nice kid. Was privy to an event where other players kept to themselves and he was the lone ranger enaging with the dirty unwashed. Good luck to him.
I know people who know him and his family and can't speak highly enough of any of them. I would be sad if this rumour is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes a cat, but let's not pretend NM hasn't absolutely broken him. We've been a ****ing rabble since he walked through the doors.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s not act like he wasn’t in a pretty poor spot already when Collingwood pushed him out the door.

He played some alright football with us but unfortunately continued to make some pretty dumb decisions off-field.

Let’s not act like he wasn’t in a pretty poor spot already when Collingwood pushed him out the door.

He played some alright football with us but unfortunately continued to make some pretty dumb decisions off-field.
Ask yourself why they were happy to send him packing and pick up part of the wage.

Surely Sleevo knows that to maintain his lifestyle and relationships, he can’t survive on his podcast, I mean look how it’s going for Magoo. I’d back him to improve given what’s on the line

Why bother busting a gut when all you get is a smashing from the nuffies. Jaidyn will leave our club laughing at the so-called supporters. After he surpassed his PB in possessions in his first game for us, he was horribly treated.
Must admit, at the Tigers game I was embarrassed for him the way the fans treated him when he ran near the boundary. We are pretty hard on em.

Must admit, at the Tigers game I was embarrassed for him the way the fans treated him when he ran near the boundary. We are pretty hard on em.
Go look at the bake carlton players gave jack silvagni 12 months ago walking down the race, and like him or not jack always gave his all for carlton regardless of his ability. Then compare that to what the nmfc fanbase have accepted from this cat.

The only bloke that should be embarrassed here it the one with his name at the top of the thread.

Go look at the bake carlton players gave jack silvagni 12 months ago walking down the race, and like him or not jack always gave his all for carlton regardless of his ability. Then compare that to what the nmfc fanbase have accepted from this cat.

The only bloke that should be embarrassed here it the one with his name at the top of the thread.
Fair enough. I’ve been massively frustrated with him as well, but it was a bit sad a the game how verbally attacked he was with everything he did. Just the way I felt was all.

Fair enough. I’ve been massively frustrated with him as well, but it was a bit sad a the game how verbally attacked he was with everything he did. Just the way I felt was all.
Well there is one part of me that would be affected if he does go. Iam gonna need another whipping boy, fortunately ccj may be back from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back