AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - Out for 6 to 8 weeks after knee surgery - 14/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's a good discussion - without Draper for an extended period, Goldstein is going to need a rest at some point. But finding the week is trickier than it sounds.

You'd think the next two weeks against 17th and 18th might be an option, but North being his old side and Nank is a big boy for Richmond. There is a fear of bringing in a cold Bryan to ruck solo.

I actually think maybe leaving Goldstein home for the Gold Coast trip might be the best one. Big ask for Bryan to then go up against Witts, but I suppose if we like Bryan, we can't be too worried about who he is going up against - we either trust him or we don't.

Having said all that - if we rested him for Gold Coast, then we only have one more game anyway after that before our bye. So maybe he can just soldier through?

Who knows - interesting one to watch.

Bryan will get his chance in the next few weeks.

Rest Goldy for Richmond so he is fresh for Carlton.
I would bring in Bryan for North to take a large share of the ruck and give Goldy a semi rest, possibly a sub out potentially if we are in control on the scoreboard. I think Wright is a good chance to cash in vs norths defence so happy to leave him as a stay at home forward to find some more form. If Bryan performs keep him in the side. Who goes out for Bryan? Probably out of Hind/Davey for me.

Yeah it's a good discussion - without Draper for an extended period, Goldstein is going to need a rest at some point. But finding the week is trickier than it sounds.

You'd think the next two weeks against 17th and 18th might be an option, but North being his old side and Nank is a big boy for Richmond. There is a fear of bringing in a cold Bryan to ruck solo.

I actually think maybe leaving Goldstein home for the Gold Coast trip might be the best one. Big ask for Bryan to then go up against Witts, but I suppose if we like Bryan, we can't be too worried about who he is going up against - we either trust him or we don't.

Having said all that - if we rested him for Gold Coast, then we only have one more game anyway after that before our bye. So maybe he can just soldier through?

Who knows - interesting one to watch.

dunno

hit fitness seems absolutely elite. He is showing no signs he needs a rest.

Averaging under 10 stats, just over 15 hitouts - has kicked 2 goals for the season and has take more than 2 grabs once.

Yes, he’s more than what shows up on the stat sheet - but I don’t think he’s a massive loss, especially based on this seasons form.

Goldy with 2MP/Bryan will be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back