Preview Round 4: Essendon vs Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 5/04/24 @ 8:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Scott has called for Port and Crows to clash for Gather round going forward as gives both teams 12 home games. Not to mention it disadvantages their opponents...thought it was pretty obvious...obviously not to the AFL.

couldn’t disagree more.

Why would you combine the showdown with gather round and loose one of the buzziest weeks in your SA calendar for no reason.

Defensive match ups for us will be interesting. Imagine it will be:
McKay to Dixon
Cox to Marshall
Laverde to Georgiades
Maybe Redman to Finlayson?

First time we’ve really need Cox to stand up and do a job for us. Get it done young fella.
Yeah, interesting tall Port forward line. Too tall? Will be a dry night so no issues there.

Think this will need good for Cox to play a bit taller this week. I get a bit worried when he’s playing small on guys like Ginnivan who he’s at risk of high tackling every time. Ok, maybe not an issue when it’s Ginnivan.

Wonder if there is a late change coming with one of them going out. Or maybe just plan to sub one out if they need more run.

Yeah, interesting tall Port forward line. Too tall? Will be a dry night so no issues there.

Think this will need good for Cox to play a bit taller this week. I get a bit worried when he’s playing small on guys like Ginnivan who he’s at risk of high tackling every time. Ok, maybe not an issue when it’s Ginnivan.

Wonder if there is a late change coming with one of them going out. Or maybe just plan to sub one out if they need more run.
Think they all play. Finlayson is the most vulnerable but he’s their second ruck right now and think they like Dixon playing forward all game.

Changes since last time,

Essendon:

OUTS:
Weideman, Snelling, Phillips, Z-Thatcher, Ridley, Durham, Wright, Shiel
INS: McKay, Draper, Goldstein, Setterfield, Gresham, Duursma, Jones, Cox, Hind

Port Adelaide:

OUTS:
Wines, Powell-Pepper, Bonner, McKenzie, Visentini, Williams, Narkle
INS: Ratugolea, Z-Thatcher, Soldo, Georgiades, L.Jones, Rioli, Burgoyne

Was at training today. Very relaxed. Draper didn't do any drills.

Funny side note: Mason Redman spent a fair bit of time signing things for kids. One asked him which team he hated the most. He said 'All of them!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes since last time,

Essendon:

OUTS:

Port Adelaide:

OUTS:
With Zerk-Thatcher an out and in, has he crossed the event horizon?

Wouldn't mind Cox on Rioli giving away a few high tackles

That Port Adelaide forward line is honestly way too tall. They might make it work because of our personnel issues with no Ridley/Reid (and because we are only a mid range team) but I doubt they are winning finals playing that forward line. Opposition teams will walk it out of there.

Great to see Setters back. First chance to see Merrett, Parish and Setterfield together - which i quite like as our first choice centre square combo. I'm keen to see how it operates in year 2 (not that they played that many games together in year 1).

Defensive match ups for us will be interesting. Imagine it will be:
McKay to Dixon
Cox to Marshall
Laverde to Georgiades
Maybe Redman to Finlayson?

First time we’ve really need Cox to stand up and do a job for us. Get it done young fella.

Reckon we can trouble them the other way. Draper will occupy Ratugalea and Langers and Stringer are tough match up for any defence. If we can generate quick, unpredictable ball inside forward 50 and get those two plenty of 1:1’s then we can kick a score. If it’s slow and boring we are in trouble as Allie will mark everything.
There's a sadist in me that wants to see BZT sell Jake some candy. Just once.

Changes since last time,

Essendon:

OUTS:

Port Adelaide:

OUTS:
Our Visentini? Was he steak knives for BZT? That's value!

Our Visentini? Was he steak knives for BZT? That's value!
We have Port's Visentini's younger brother

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

couldn’t disagree more.

Why would you combine the showdown with gather round and loose one of the buzziest weeks in your SA calendar for no reason.
Gather Round should be in Sydney or Queensland. There'd be no argument against having the showcase on them Saturday night.

Also it's unfair on teams like us and Melbourne to play a non neutral game.

Was at training today. Very relaxed. Draper didn't do any drills.

Funny side note: Mason Redman spent a fair bit of time signing things for kids. One asked him which team he hated the most. He said 'All of them!'
Reddog was the first to sign for the kids after training when they come to Shepparton, and he was the last to leave. I saw this at two events when they come to town. A cracking lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back