AFL Player #20: Peter Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Another player I'd be happy to see us trade. In a system with fast ball movement and better delivery inside 50 he could easily replicate his 50 goal season a few times over, but I can't see it happening with us. He would add a lot to a team like Mebourne or Collingwood who might be willing to give up something half decent for him.

I know I'm in the minority here but he's got more value for us than what he would net in a trade.

I know I'm in the minority here but he's got more value for us than what he would net in a trade.
What do you think he would net us in a trade? Collingwood paid a top ten pick plus a second rounder for Schultz - I'd imagine they'd value 2MP reasonably highly.

Edit - they also don't need to 'win' every trade, they make the moves that benefit their list. I'd like to see Essendon start to do the same

What do you think he would net us in a trade? Collingwood paid a top ten pick plus a second rounder for Schultz - I'd imagine they'd value 2MP reasonably highly.

Edit - they also don't need to 'win' every trade, they make the moves that benefit their list. I'd like to see Essendon start to do the same
I don't think he gets us a pick inside 30. And I wouldn't accept a pick outside the top 20.

The value is not going to matter as I doubt he has anyone knocking his door down right now.

Pies might be interested , but you got Wright for a 4th rounder, seeing he is playing VFL now and looks on the outer, cant see how he is a top 20 pick , maybe pick 60 ...
Yeah, comprehension not your strong suit, is it?

I don't think he'll net us a top 20 or even top 30 pick. So I wouldn't trade him because I think he holds more value to us than whatever we get in a trade for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies might be interested , but you got Wright for a 4th rounder, seeing he is playing VFL now and looks on the outer, cant see how he is a top 20 pick , maybe pick 60 ...

I’m not Wright’s biggest fan, and not sure he suits the modern game - but there’s no point trading him for pick 60. He’s better than that - was just woefully out of form for the last few weeks he played, including at least 1 in the wet.

We’d be better off keeping him as it’s an area we lack depth in than trading him for genuinely nothing.

Fine , but no need for the snide side remark .. or is that your strong suit?
Mate you came onto our board, literally read what I posted and proceeded to either not realise what was being said or completely ignore it so yeah, completely deserved

Gets one years grace on the back of his shoulder injury and possibility he was unsettled by his suspension.

The reality is that he lacked competitiveness and physicality all year. If he can’t lift in those areas then see ya later. I’ll take whatever is on offer.

These traits must become non-negotiables for EFC players - if you can’t handle contact and you aren’t a driven competitor then piss off.

Not sure if he's gettable but Quaynor was thrown up during the last couple of weeks when the media were talking about them going for Trac.

He'd fit our backline nicely.
Not really. He's just McGrath in a better side.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #20: Peter Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back