AFL Player #20: Peter Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies should be all over this guy. Future pick? Do they have anything of value for us?
Why ?
Do you really think they would want a slow, soft forward who marks 2/10 ?
They already have blokes better than that.

Why ?
Do you really think they would want a slow, soft forward who marks 2/10 ?
They already have blokes better than that.
He's a massive upgrade on Cox who is surely has one season left in him at best, and the coach has openly said he's on the hunt for a key fwd. Also Wright could kick 60 goals playing in a team that moves the ball with speed i50 before all 44 players are in there jamming it up.

If he asks to go id let him for the right price. But i hope he stays and i think we can use him better.

Let him be a leading full forward, and leave him a lane to lead in to.

Also I would have fought the suspension further and then given everyone in the media and at the AFL the shits with how much I went on and on about it at every oppurtunity

AFL

HF Langford Caddy Merrett
F Kako Wright A Davey

INT Draper (Ruck/Fwd) Guelfi

VFL

HF Perkins Jones Gresham
F Rosas Stringer J Davey

It’s a confidence thing with 2MP, I’d hate to lose him.

At his age you need to get past the whole confidence thing and just be able to deliver on a regular basis. The fact he still can’t do that tells me he never will. He just lacks the competitiveness and intestinal fortitude to get it done at the top level.

If he asks to go id let him for the right price. But i hope he stays and i think we can use him better.

Let him be a leading full forward, and leave him a lane to lead in to.

Also I would have fought the suspension further and then given everyone in the media and at the AFL the shits with how much I went on and on about it at every oppurtunity

AFL

HF Langford Caddy Merrett
F Kako Wright A Davey

INT Draper (Ruck/Fwd) Guelfi

VFL

HF Perkins Jones Gresham
F Rosas Stringer J Davey
Yeah I would have liked to see us defend Pete harder, so at least he'd know he has licence from Brad to continue to play with edge. Brad rolling over helped make Pete's edginess impotent.

At his age you need to get past the whole confidence thing and just be able to deliver on a regular basis. The fact he still can’t do that tells me he never will. He just lacks the competitiveness and intestinal fortitude to get it done at the top level.
That suspension ****ed him, a lot of us have been crying out for him to go a bit harder, he’s too nice. So he did what he did ( first ever suspension from memory) and it stuffed his year.
How unlucky could he be, club announces a lengthy new contract and the very same morning he’s heading to hospital for a shoulder reconstruction. Unbelievable.
Tall forward, shoulder ****ed, it’d affect anyone.Throw in suspension and here we are.

That suspension ****ed him, a lot of us have been crying out for him to go a bit harder, he’s too nice. So he did what he did ( first ever suspension from memory) and it stuffed his year.
How unlucky could he be, club announces a lengthy new contract and the very same morning he’s heading to hospital for a shoulder reconstruction. Unbelievable.
Tall forward, shoulder ****ed, it’d affect anyone.Throw in suspension and here we are.

Before those events, I think he has always been a bad overhead mark, and soft at the contest.

Watching last night's game Chol and 2mp must be brothers from another mother, both are soft, slow and can't mark.
Chol won't last long in the Hawks side judging by the ironic cheers he gets, we need to move past Passive Pete as well.

Yeah I would have liked to see us defend Pete harder, so at least he'd know he has licence from Brad to continue to play with edge. Brad rolling over helped make Pete's edginess impotent.
Edge ? When has he ever played with edge ? Getting screwed by the tribunal for attempting to mark is not playing with edge.
How would you know how Wright was effected by us not appealing the suspension?
He has never been a hard edge player. Ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on a long lead about to take a chest mark so it wasnt even really playing with any edge. The Sydney player ran into his path blindly on a 45 degree angle. Happy for players to be suspended for thug acts. I hate seeing players suspended for someone elses stupidity (masquerading as courage). Its a 360 degree game. Situational awareness at all times should be a pre requisite.

Not taking your eyes off the ball while running back with the flight should not be encouraged. Its not courageous its stupidity

Watching last night's game Chol and 2mp must be brothers from another mother, both are soft, slow and can't mark.
Chol won't last long in the Hawks side judging by the ironic cheers he gets, we need to move past Passive Pete as well.
Chols a cult hero, hence the cheering.

Edge ? When has he ever played with edge ? Getting screwed by the tribunal for attempting to mark is not playing with edge.
I disagree. I thought he showed a different resolve for the first couple of games before the collision, then went back into his shell.

He was on a long lead about to take a chest mark so it wasnt even really playing with any edge. The Sydney player ran into his path blindly on a 45 degree angle. Happy for players to be suspended for thug acts. I hate seeing players suspended for someone elses stupidity (masquerading as courage). Its a 360 degree game. Situational awareness at all times should be a pre requisite.

Not taking your eyes off the ball while running back with the flight should not be encouraged. Its not courageous its stupidity
Pete knew he was coming and didn't waiver from his line. That's what I'm referring to.

100% this, it's also why he couldn't get a game at the Suns, if he wants to play AFL he will have to find a bit more competiveness otherwise he won't go much further in his career.

I don't see him with that bit of mongrel required, either you have it or you don't and unfortunately he don't!

Very close to agreeing.

Has one season to convince me he’s not a better, but not by enough, version of Weidemann.

I think there's still a handy player there. When you can kick at goal the way he does I think he's well worth persevering with. Yes his marking isn't the best but he's still capable of making the most out of few opportunities and he can help out in the ruck. He also demands a good opponent and their attention as if he gets shots on goal he makes it count. He is poor at ground level and defensively (but 2 of his competitors are Draper and Bryan and you can't convince me they are any better).

I don't think the alternate options are all that good for us aside from Caddy who I think will be a star but needs development time.

You've got Jones who has so-so kicking at goal and he only ever takes marks coming in from the side when no one has body on him or he's playing on an opposition winger as opposed to an actual defender. Against a real defender on his hammer from behind he's no better at marking than Wright is.

Neither Draper and Bryan together was doing much up forward (nor will they ever as Draper cant kick and Bryan has no forward craft at all). Being real even if Draper is completely dominating on a great night he'll have what 3-4 marks inside forward 50 and if we are lucky he kicks 2 of those? Bryan wouldn't even manage that.

He was soft before the incident and soft after it. Soft pre/post injury. It’s not an excuse for who he is, he’s just butter and doesn’t compete enough (never has hence why GC were happy to offload him).

He was soft before the incident and soft after it. Soft pre/post injury. It’s not an excuse for who he is, he’s just butter and doesn’t compete enough (never has hence why GC were happy to offload him).
Can’t be all bash and crash, I’ll still back in a bloke who managed to pinch a b&f off Sir Zach to get back to his best.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #20: Peter Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back