2007 Melb Cup formtalk...Mon 5 Nov 9pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Monday could run a place. Wet track is no problem and is a grinding type of one paced type. So most likely wont sprint with the quicks but if it can get a good position good keep going on as others drop off.
Not the worst.

Just an update on the weather around Flemington. Was pouring yesterday especially in the morning. But overnight and today it has been warm and dry. Preparing for a BBQ outside on the balcony and it looks like the track will be dryer than expected. Unless it rains overnight and tommorow. Sunset at 8pm. Pardon the poor attempt at photostitching. There has not been much rain at all around here for the past few weeks and the drainage with new turf is supposedly excellent.

Good luck and I will tune in later

flemington-1.jpg

That's a bloody good photo. Kind of like a picture of Jerusalem if you ask me.

Would definitely want to have it in for third (and maybe second) in any multiples. Was a very solid run last start.
Can it win? I think no.

Blutigeroo - He has been the most dissapointing of the ones Ive tracked but I cant write him off. Id like to see him ridden a touch quieter. Place best also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4.GALLIC $26 $8000 E/W

Great old horse but 8yo's dont win M Cup's.
Top 5 chance at best for mine

seth

Gallic - every big race he has been set for he has pretty much won. Can race on the speed or off (which he will need to with the crap barrier, but he did it the other week fine). He may be 8, but he has only had 25 odd starts, and plenty of 7 year olds with more races on their belt have won this. Will see out the trip, is honest as you can get, and I still think he is under-rated. Massive show, place bet definitely

Gallic - Grand old warrior. I think his best is at this trip and wouldn't risk going against him. I think will be in the first half-dozen.

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 Melb Cup formtalk...Mon 5 Nov 9pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back