2007 Melb Cup formtalk...Mon 5 Nov 9pm

Remove this Banner Ad

8.TUNGSTEN STRIKE $41 To win $100,000

Looks the leader but would need to be left alone
Cant dismiss totally but a win would surprise

seth

What can you say about OS horses that haven't had a run here. Maybe?? But probably no. I know it brained it's opponents last start but don't get the impression they were much to write home about.

Has won at the distance and will give himself every chance by leading. A like a lot about this horse. One for my tri's i think.

9.ZIPPING $8.5 To win $100,000

Good effort Sat,very concerned that he can run 3200 after failing last yr.
Danehill factor puts him under the odds IMO

seth

What can you say about OS horses that haven't had a run here. Maybe?? But probably no. I know it brained it's opponents last start but don't get the impression they were much to write home about.

Beat Land 'N Stars (who ran 5th in Melbourne Cup last year) by 6 lengths last start

9.ZIPPING $8.5 To win $100,000

Good effort Sat,very concerned that he can run 3200 after failing last yr.
Danehill factor puts him under the odds IMO

seth

He'll run on and give the impression he was a chance, but realistically he isn't much of one.
I have put him into 3rd and 4th of my first four, but he wont get any higher than that.

I just don't like the way he races and all. He's the sort of horse who'll sink me though and wouldn't surprise me to see him in the finish... Still just can't have him though.

Im not sure about Zipping, but the odds might tempt me into it, my old man's pick but dont think itll be mine.

Zipping - Raced against the strongest horses all spring. Rocketed home last start at WFA. Was hitting the line better then Sirmione. Everything to like about this horse on form. The negative though is he'll be a mile back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zipping will be storming home strong and if pace is on he may well get a place but will need everything to his way. It could happen but I don't understand his short price at all.

Last time I backed this horse he won (MV Cup 2006).
I won't be backing in this.
Have a real concern about the 3200m, he is a Danehill.
Throw the barrier in & this only gets worse. Can see him pratted 3 wide & if thats the case he has no chance.
Just to many NOs for me.

If there is no pace I think we will see a repeat of his quick finish. If the pace is on early he will struggle. I wonder whether LW has been keeping him under wraps all season for this race. Starz would be even more big headed than LW if Zipping wins. Scary thought

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 Melb Cup formtalk...Mon 5 Nov 9pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back