2007 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Prismall to the pies for second rounder.

Wouldn't be happy with this trade considering the 'so called' depth of this draft
Did you just suggest your own trade and then knock it back? :D

Originally posted by brookers#5
Wood to the pies, didak to adelaide, knights & a 2nd rounder to brisbane with the 2nd rounder on traded to collingwood.
I'd have to give that some consideration...

Jarrad Brennan for farren ray.
Thomas Murphy for Prismall + a 3rd rounder.
Murphy could be your ideal replacement Milburn & is a quality player but i just cant see a spot for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth be told, the most accurate thread on trade week would be one that gets no replies. Bugger all happens until Friday and even then it's an anti-climax.

Jacob Surjan & a 3rd round pick to sydney for Nic fosdike & heath grundy.
and your making up that rubbish from where?

Surj loves the Power, they love him, and he aint from NSW either, and not less then 2 months ago he signed a 2 year contract extension...

So next time try harder :thumbsu:

I'll give you a tip, he's from Perth, so if your gonna make up rubbish do your research :)

What the hell?? :confused:

I haven't seen a trade involving Brisbane that would even be remotely considered.

1. Brisbane do not need key backs. Or should I say, 3rd tall defenders. In previous years we would be needing a strong CHB, but that area is covered now by Patfull, Roe, and Drummond. Even Bradshaw may spend time down there next year if the opposition's 2nd forward is having a day out. They are not the tallest CHBs in the world, but that type of player is a dying breed. Not many teams do have a dominant CHB. The last thing we need is a 3rd tall defender - we would have no room to play Maxwell or Bradley :)rolleyes: Btw on the Kep call).

2. Leigh Matthews does not pick up soft players.

3. You do not trade blokes like Sherman. Had a down year with fitness, illness, and form troubles, but we have all seen what he can do in full flight. Terrible trade strategy to ship off blokes after a down year.

4. We are not active traders. We prefer to grow our own up here, so trading for the sake of trading will never happen.

5. Just a quick list in case anyone links these blokes to Brisbane as it happens often during this time of year:
Ryan Lonie and Chris Egan - the traditional players named by Collingwood whenever a bloke may be traded. If he's good, they will suggest one of them plus a second rounder. If he's great, 2 of them plus a second rounder. Ryan Lonie was voted the most courageous player in the league by the Brisbane players. He's not. They were taking the piss.

Sam Power - the Lions have never shown any interest in him, and I doubt they ever will.

Brad Miller - is linked to Brisbane in some fantasy trade each year. He will be again this year.

Farren Ray to Adelaide for Ken Mcgregor & a 3rd round pick.

given the bulldogs' horrible record nursing key forwards back to health (tom davidson, jade rawlings) i honestly couldn't think of a dumber trade - crows would lose out too - one of their few fit KPP's in exchange for a midfielder the standard you could pluck from the rookie draft these days

Thomas Murphy for Prismall + a 3rd rounder.
Murphy could be your ideal replacement Milburn & is a quality player but i just cant see a spot for him.

I'd have to consider that. I haven't seen enough of Murphy though. Has he proven his ability at AFL level? (Prismall has).

He does look the size and type of player though that could provide cover for Dasher. I'm thinking the more we rotate Milburn the longer he'll last :thumbsu:

This thread is just funny - it may be late and i am a little drunk, but there is hardly 1 trade suggested here that any club would contemplate!

The Knights + 2nd rounder, Didak and Wood trade would be great for Brisbane but is doubt that Collingwood or Adelaide would feel happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back