2008 phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton need a CHF and CHB not midfielders

I'd like to think that we would take a tall player or two if we think they are worth taking. We could definitely do with another top midfielder but I think you must take quality talls when they are available.

If only Richmond had have 'reached' when Franklin was available.

Umm....Port absolutely do need a ruckman or a key forward, a midfielder is not what we need with our first pick - Lade will be gone after another year, Brogan 2 or 3 years, and after that there's not much depth with Deluca struggling and Lobbe still learning the ropes up.

Not gonna do my full draft till after trade week

here is a little taste though...

8. RICH-Jackson Trengrove
26. RICH-Tom Swift
What you think????
:thumbsu:
Smilingassassin, there's no way richmond needs another skinny key defender. if mitch brown is there at 42 he won't be there at 43.

You're contradicting yourself and your criticisms of Hughes if you want us to overlook the best available at six.

We have a CHB who is only 19 years of age, but we desperately need another clearance player or midfielder with legspeed and skill if we can find one.

A player similar to Boak or Deledio would be great.

And yet the OP says that some clubs who finished above us on the ladder will do a noticeably better job if you believe his ratings. We must be doing something wrong. I'm still not convinced that the supposed 'best available' are the best available either.

It should be the best set of players for the club going forward not necessarily the best credentialed individual at junior level.

:thumbsu:
Smilingassassin, there's no way richmond needs another skinny key defender. if mitch brown is there at 42 he won't be there at 43.
You'll probably get a better response if you address the person whose post you quoted.

I like your phantom draft for West Coast "Smiling Assassin". Natanui, Hill Rockliff, Jetta ! While I don't necessarily know the NAMES all that well it looks as if that draft covers at least some of the positions that need bolstering. Maybe need to get a small defender from somewhere and, if Kerr goes, I think that i'd rather the Eagles take Rich than Natanui, but otherwise .

And yet the OP says that some clubs who finished above us on the ladder will do a noticeably better job if you believe his ratings. We must be doing something wrong. I'm still not convinced that the supposed 'best available' are the best available either.

It should be the best set of players for the club going forward not necessarily the best credentialed individual at junior level.
:confused:

Thanks Donald. ;)

Carlton will choose out of a KPP (Hurley) or a couple of midfielders in Ziebell or Hartlett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any more people come up with their own phantom drafts?

IF SO PLEASE POST?

THANKS GUYS

Will be doing mine just after the trade period, so all the draft picks are finalised. I'm sure they'll be a heap more leading up into trade week, will start heating up after the Grand Final.

I gave the thumbs up to the post I quoted, then addressed another person. Was that so hard to follow?
Frankly, yes, or I wouldn't have posted as much. :D

1. melb- watts need a key forward to replace neitz perfect replacement

2. wce- rich will add some more midfield depth everyone reckons theyll go for natanui but they have 2 quality ruckmen aswell

3. freo - natanui i reckon warnock will leave so freo will replace him with naita

4. port - hartlett everyone reckons they need ruckmen but they dont and hartlett is a gun mid from sa perfect mid

5. essendon - hurley need a key defender to replace the retired micheals and the aging fletcher

6. carlton - ziebell - people will say carlton have enough gun mids put ziebell is best available in the mould of bartel will b a future star

7. brisbane - sidebottom with ther midfield group getting older he is the perfect replacent very good inside player

8. richmond -vickery need a ruckmen hes the man good ruckman agile and can kick a goal

9. north - robinson - roos need some mids as they have plenty of kpp robsinson is a ready made mid

10. collingwood - swift he is a risk but if he gets over inj problems will b a star

11. sydney - mckernan with everitt almost finished they need another ruckmen but mckernan may end up at chf which sydney also need so perfect pick

12. adelaide - johnstone adeliade need goalkickers and he is a genuine fwrd from adelaide could turnout to be a gun and has a bit of pizzaz

13. saints - blease bit of a smokey but they need some midfield pace and hes a gun mid with genuine pace

14. dogs - cordy father son for dogs will be a very servicable player just need sum time in the gym to bulk up

15. hawks - lisle there mids and forwards r set they need a backmen hes very agile and quite tall would be a great future chb

16. geelong - nick heyne gun hff also can play midfield is very classy with damging left foot.

I applaud you big Lance. I could not have put the top 16 in a better order myself. Spot on mate. :thumbsu:

Can someone confirm for me the priority pick arrangement for this year. How does WC end up with one. Sometimes I think we may look back on this decade of list developement and wonder if teams fortunes are linked more to which year they sucked than how much. With RIC apparently trading with BRI before their pick moved up two spots due to the CAR penalty, the constant changes to the priority picks and the new GC17 consessions making life hard for battling teams for the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back