2009-2010 NHL Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

And Caps fans around the world are wondering "Where the hell was this Halak when we were playing"

If they are they are very stupid (like their coach and team).

They should be wondering why their team didn't get Halak moving east and west. Penguins far smarter than the Craps.

Breaking a stick on the first penalty kill (virtually a 5 on 3) and calling an additional penalty in the Cooke "altercation" were the killers. NHL needs a special rule against that prick.

Penguins only 24 shots, Halak seems to need constant pucks at him. 11-0-1 when facing more than 40 shots.

The loss of Markov (25 minutes a game) will make an upset here 100x greater in value than the Capitals upset.

Penguins nothing special 5 on 5 tonight, Fluery looks capable of laying a stinker, still some hope for Montreal.

Listening to the audio stream on CJAD they weren't overly critcal of Halak, without seeinbg the footage it sounds like the PK were more to blame for the 3 PP goals than the goaltending.

Halak's had a pretty huge week, don't know if tonight was a bit of let down after such a huge high, mighty be worth giving Price (a more than handy No.2) game two, rest up Halak and get him fresh for game 3.

None of the goals he gave up were stinkers but he didn't look too confident most of the game. Deflection, in off crossbar, cross-ice one-timers.

The Malkin break-a-way was quite funny. Looks up a sees the goalie has increased by about 4 inches and 40 pounds. Subsequently puts it wide, Price might have got a toe on it.

Price to start on Sunday. Hopefully it has the same effect as the Capitals series.

The Markov injury will be a huge blow for the Habs

Yep, taken out by a bloke who should be watching from the press box. Markov replaced by Bergeron on the blue line. Oh dear....

Liking the look of Subban, handled Crosby quite well on more than one occasion.

Strange how the two seven game series winners play with only a day break while the other series commence a day after. Not an excuse but just a bit weird.

Strange how the two seven game series winners play with only a day break while the other series commence a day after. Not an excuse but just a bit weird.
In the case of the Sharks v Wings, Tonight and Tomorrow at HP Pavilion they have The Eagles in concert, so the first game would be 8 days after San Jose played their last game if they were to not play yesterday. As for the Pens-Habs, not sure the excuse, nor the excuse as to why Hawks-Nucks or Bruins-Flyers didn't play.

Agree, an extra day's rest would've been a huge boost to the Habs. I know that playoffs are meant to be tough and to win the Cup you have to earn it but two days between series sounds a little absurd.

None of the goals he gave up were stinkers but he didn't look too confident most of the game. Deflection, in off crossbar, cross-ice one-timers.

Well, I thought the 4th goal by Goligoski that he let in was a little weak. I know it was from cross ice pass and a quick shot, but Halak was deep in the net and looked out of position. He didn't look comfortable making a few saves as well.
But other than that the Pens PP was working very well and capitalised on their PP chances.

BTW, PK Subban looks like he will be a good player

In the case of the Sharks v Wings, Tonight and Tomorrow at HP Pavilion they have The Eagles in concert, so the first game would be 8 days after San Jose played their last game if they were to not play yesterday.

I'd rather listen to you go off about Nabakov season's saves one by one and about "No Show" Joe T playoff performances than listen to five minute of The Eagles. Terrible band.

:D

No way to tell but I wonder when the first game of a Capitals - Flyers series would have occurred...

Well, I thought the 4th goal by Goligoski that he let in was a little weak. I know it was from cross ice pass and a quick shot, but Halak was deep in the net and looked out of position. He didn't look comfortable making a few saves as well.
But other than that the Pens PP was working very well and capitalised on their PP chances.

BTW, PK Subban looks like he will be a good player

His big weakness, Capitals too dumb to try it or not good enough to get it too work. Nearly every shot in the last three games against Washington Halak was in a set position.

Agree, an extra day's rest would've been a huge boost to the Habs. I know that playoffs are meant to be tough and to win the Cup you have to earn it but two days between series sounds a little absurd.

I've just heard the reason.

NBC wanted the Penguins on their network Sunday afternoon (another short break between games), so that meant they needed to play Game 1 tonight....

Annoying.

I'd rather listen to you go off about Nabakov season's saves one by one and about "No Show" Joe T playoff performances than listen to five minute of The Eagles. Terrible band.

:D

No way to tell but I wonder when the first game of a Capitals - Flyers series would have occurred...
Ok? Don't know what that has to do with the topic.

Was a bit of a weird game this one. Montreal looked tired but we didn't really ram the ascendancy down their throats. They always looked in the game. Losing Markov is huge but also is equalised by the loss of Staal for the Pens.

Halak looked very tired/nervous on some plays. Just didn't react well on a few of the shots and his movement was slow. Having said that though, Fleury wasn't much better, but made some decent saves when he had to.

Roll on Game 2.

Along with broadcasting demands, you don't get any favours being the 16th seed in the playoffs. Pittsburgh has their rest, and that's all that matters to Bettman.

And Danny Briere, wow, just willed that goal in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to Van-Chi game starting in a few. Should be a good series.

And Staal had surgery to repair a tendon in his foot. Out indefinitely. Bob McKenzie said it could be possible that he comes back into the side, provided we make it through at least this round. Bad loss, though.

Looking foward to the VAN v CHI series. Hopefully it lives up to the pre-series hype and past encounters.....plus I want to see the Nucks lose :p

Makes a tough task even tougher. The Pens losing Staal should'nt make a real difference.
D'ya reckon? Staal is way more important to our team than most people realise. He is a perfect foil for Sid and Geno.

And may I remind you...
[YOUTUBE]ZKHRYu9Lrbs[/YOUTUBE]

0jaro_0.jpg

HE'S BACK!

Remove this Banner Ad

2009-2010 NHL Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back