2009-2010 Off season player movement/recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the highest level you have played at Jackinthebox without giving too much away?

Don't agree with your call on North launy though, fair to say that O'Sign and Wish are ball getters, wager is both, can win his own footy and runs hard, they are complemented well around the ball by Harding and these types. They need big blokes desperately, and a few weeks away from Uni nights. Devonport are coaching Brown for a coaching role to take over as head coach in 2011, so he will not attract transfer fee, Smith will not attract transfer fee also as he has lived in Devonports area for more than 15 months! Therefore they could then be free to target the other two. I would go for Crawford first, another key forward for Devonport will only strengthen their forward line and allow more flexibility For Reynolds and these types. They have copius amounts of on ballers but you certainly would no knock back Whish, he is a state rep and has a big engine. Would be super for tagging roles and has the ability to work off his opponents.
Sounds like you on the ball there still kickin. Who are the other players Dev should target? I reckon Lingy would be a good fit, He is a very dangerous forward! Sounds like Jackinthebox only want's to talk shit about ppl and I doubt he has done much with his footy!

Sounds like you on the ball there still kickin. Who are the other players Dev should target? I reckon Lingy would be a good fit, He is a very dangerous forward! Sounds like Jackinthebox only want's to talk shit about ppl and I doubt he has done much with his footy!

Lingy would be a great pick up, been in the wilderness a bit with Penguin but he is a big game player, has played at devils and is self motivated to train by himself which he has proven before. With what Devonport have already and there additions, throw ling smith in that side, they will be top two.

Ling to coach Penguin by all reports

burnie need to target more than Howard and Soden to replace all those players but would be more than handy with those 2 on board

mccrossen retired

Pretty sure Lingy has gont the nod to coach Penguin!

Brent Plant to Coach Burnie, will be announced on Friday. Planty has already started his recruiting drive targetting players such as Darren Crawford from North Launy! Also telling players that he noticed huge mistakes made at Burnie in 2009 and he is the man to fix it! Good luck planty!

Brent Plant to Coach Burnie, will be announced on Friday. Planty has already started his recruiting drive targetting players such as Darren Crawford from North Launy! Also telling players that he noticed huge mistakes made at Burnie in 2009 and he is the man to fix it! Good luck planty!

wow brent plant he has the job ahead of him, hope he has some recruits but looks like he has started from the top of the pile in crawford then work his way down thats a start, what could have Burnie done better won 4-5 games under ten points turn those results the other way and would have finished in 5th or 6th place burnie did well to finish top 2. so plapp did a good job with his list. Plant must have a drastic plan

So does this mean Clinton Brown wont be playing at Burnie in 2010?? Lingy should do well at Penguin as coach. I reckon if he didn't get the job plenty would have left. So Burnie have lost Davis, Smith, Mihocek, Plapp, Archer, Stretton x2 and Woodridge so far? Gee they will have to recruit well to cover those losses!

I heard a huge sponsorship deal was also part of the package similiar to this year :D. He certainly will bring that extra commitment that is required for state wide football. Will Sam Larcombe be his fitness adviser? Good appointment

hopefully with the sponsorship money thay can attract some players to cover there losses or keep the blokes who might be leaving. looks to me somerset boy that brown wont hang around, he is ready to coach has premiership experience, been in the devils system and fitness is a real key so he is a modern day coach ready to roll and will no doubt seek his options elsewhere

hopefully with the sponsorship money thay can attract some players to cover there losses or keep the blokes who might be leaving. looks to me somerset boy that brown wont hang around, he is ready to coach has premiership experience, been in the devils system and fitness is a real key so he is a modern day coach ready to roll and will no doubt seek his options elsewhere
Yea I agree. I think they should have chased Brown abit harder. I know of a few blokes that would of went there if he coached. I reckon they could of kept a few more there too. Roumor is that alot of Burnie reserves players are going to Penguin aswell. Sounds like a they are going to lose alot. Maybe it will be abit like 2005-06 when they lost alot of players and went from premiers to missing the finals??

Former Ulverstone, Penguin and Dockers Assistant coach Brent Plant has been a name that has been floting around to take over from Justin Plapp. would be a great pick for the Dockers coaching job. I think he has a sound knowledge of the game and after being down at the Dockers this year you would think the he would have a understanding of the players they would have left after they all leave. I know that people are worried about his past , like when he coached Ulverstone he didnt turn up etc. Lets forget about his past, look for the furture. I have also heard the the club has spoken to Max Brown. Any truth in this? I hope they dort it out ASAP. Hopefully they can keep most of there list.

Former Ulverstone, Penguin and Dockers Assistant coach Brent Plant has been a name that has been floting around to take over from Justin Plapp. would be a great pick for the Dockers coaching job. I think he has a sound knowledge of the game and after being down at the Dockers this year you would think the he would have a understanding of the players they would have left after they all leave. I know that people are worried about his past , like when he coached Ulverstone he didnt turn up etc. Lets forget about his past, look for the furture. I have also heard the the club has spoken to Max Brown. Any truth in this? I hope they dort it out ASAP. Hopefully they can keep most of there list.

Sound knowledge of the game? Yeah thats what you want with alot of young developing group! Floating around the dockers? From all reports the man was hardly seen! Sure to forget about the past but why didn't he turn up Formerrobin?

Enough about the Northern teams. Pffft.

What's going on in the south?

Heard on the grapevine that Kane Richter has been offered a bucket load of cash to move to Queensland and that Cat Geappen is being hounded by Lauderdale?

Is there any truth to these rumors?

Also heard that Ben Reid is on the outer at Glenorchy to make way for Simon Atkins who should have originally got the job this season.

And finally, North Hobart may be interviewing a former Pies player for the playing coach job, but my mail sees Clinton Brown getting the top job in 2010.

Enough about the Northern teams. Pffft.

What's going on in the south?

Heard on the grapevine that Kane Richter has been offered a bucket load of cash to move to Queensland and that Cat Geappen is being hounded by Lauderdale?

Is there any truth to these rumors?

Also heard that Ben Reid is on the outer at Glenorchy to make way for Simon Atkins who should have originally got the job this season.

And finally, North Hobart may be interviewing a former Pies player for the playing coach job, but my mail sees Clinton Brown getting the top job in 2010.

We only talk about the North cause we live hear stupid, so you fill us in on the south? When you referring to the Glenorchy position i think your referring to Paul Atkins not SImon, SImon is his twin brother who is Coaching Werribee! Paul was in the running last year and is currently in the running for North Hobart! Matt Geappen is not interested in coaching at all, wants to get his knee right before he even considers playing let alone coaching! Kane Richter is looking for an AFL Queensland possie in Cairns, so when you say bucket load of pay, they are set wages!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by Ball N Chain
We only talk about the North cause we live hear stupid...

That really was the quote of the year! Haha.

----------

I apologise, yes I did get my Atkins names wrong, so sorry for that.

In regards to Cat Geappen, I don't believe I said he is hounding Lauderdale, I said Lauderdale is hounding him. That doesn't mean he said he wants to coach, it means Lauderdale WANT him to coach.

As for Kane, I have heard it's a club that are after him with a lot of dosh, so maybe your not the only one that hears rumors Ball N Chain!

matty young the northern bombers utility apparently wants OUT! lack of opportunities being his reasons, could south laun do with him?

Oh my god, where have you been jack, i have missed your stupidity! Matty young wants to leave due to lack of opportunities at North????? They have no talls! If he not getting a game it's cause he is useless or not trying hard enough. If he goes to SOuth he will be competing with Chris Hills who was the state ruckman this year!

Oh my god, where have you been jack, i have missed your stupidity! Matty young wants to leave due to lack of opportunities at North????? They have no talls! If he not getting a game it's cause he is useless or not trying hard enough. If he goes to SOuth he will be competing with Chris Hills who was the state ruckman this year!
Lol at jackinthebox. Mathew Young while being a good bloke is not what you would call a SWL footballer. Maybe he should go play at Hillwood or somewhere, He would be handy for them!

think mate you will find it is mitch hills, not chris!

agreed that matt young is a good bloke ...but him and drew westfield struggle 2 get a kick at training they both better off hangin boots up and playing marbles in 2010 .......

Mitch Hills to clarence in a straight swap for premiership ruckmen Drew Westfield

Heard this rumour also, along with Clarence gaining B.Savge Launceston also.
This gets me wondering, Clarence would have close to about 10 guns in their premiership side, who would all be earning a bit of $$$ surely. So, how could they afford to gain the services of Hills and Savage who are both stars of the competition who would not come cheaply. Isn't their a salary cap? ha

You would hope that Hills would stay at South Laun. By all reports he has a solid job at SPC in Launceston, and therfore no need to move south.
I hope the better TSL clubs don't try and "feed off" the less successful clubs, because if this happens then the gap between top and bottom will become further apart. The only reasons that players should leave clubs is through a change of work eg. Savage / family circumstances, or a genuine lack of opportunities at the club.
On another matter, North Laun, still no coach named, the tip around town is they will end up going with a local eg. Shane Wager.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009-2010 Off season player movement/recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back