2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franklin is not a FF anyway !!!
Yep, last years Coleman medalist isn't a full forward?? I love it how some Carlton fans say Fevola should be full forward because he is leading the Coleman. Yet they question Franklin as a FF even though he is only 2 goals behind Fev. You don't suit an argument to certain players.

not true he's been both much better and much worse than Franklin.
He's had by far the better best 4 or 5 games of the season. A couple par games. And then well ... :eek:
That's true. Fev's best games have been better than anything Franklin has done, but Fev's worst games are much worse than anything Franklin has done. Franklin gets in for being more consistent I suppose. They were both near BOG on the weekend. I thought Franklin was crucial against Fremantle a few weeks ago and has probably been more consistent. 50/50 who you pick.

Im not saying that Fev should be AA FF because he's leading the Coleman, i'm saying it because he is the best FF in the league. Sure it helps that he is leading the Coleman but that can change week by week.

As i said Franklin doesn't play FF and isn't a FF......simple. Still a great player though at CHF !

Only by 2. He's been no better or worse than Franklin.

What does an extra 12 scoring shots count for?

Fev's accuracy has been far worse than Franklin's and most other full forwards yet still sits top of the list. Fact that he's getting those shots shows to me that he's been a more effective player than Franklin has this season.

Im not saying that Fev should be AA FF because he's leading the Coleman, i'm saying it because he is the best FF in the league. Sure it helps that he is leading the Coleman but that can change week by week.

As i said Franklin doesn't play FF and isn't a FF......simple. Still a great player though at CHF !

Up there when his minds on the job, otherwise...??

What does an extra 12 scoring shots count for?

Fev's accuracy has been far worse than Franklin's and most other full forwards yet still sits top of the list. Fact that he's getting those shots shows to me that he's been a more effective player than Franklin has this season.
Behinds and out on the fulls.
You can put Fev in your side but I chose Franklin, just. I don't object to either. I think Fevs form has fluctuated a little bit more than Buddy’s, so Fev just misses out. Plus, if you say Fevola is effective for having 12 more shots on goals, then I say Franklin is more efficient to be trailing by just 2 goals.

Anyone who doesnt have Colin Sylvia in their AA team needs to wake up.

He has been the best player in the comp over the last month, without question.

Anyone who doesnt have Colin Sylvia in their AA team needs to wake up.

He has been the best player in the comp over the last month, without question.
Maybe you need to wake up. Where was he the first two months of the season? This is an AA team for the year not the past month. Goodes, Knights and Hayes have been better over the past month anyway. Morton and Davey are the only players in contention from Melbourne.

My smokeys for AA selection would be

Shannon Hurn - One of the more damaging HBF in the league and would be top 3 in Eagles best and fairest

Paul Bower - Provides great run from CHB and does a reasonable job closing down on his opponent

Clint Jones - Best tagger in the league bar none

Colin Sylvia - Would almost be the best player in the comp atm based on the past month of football. In sublime touch

Rhyce Shaw - Much better player than Heath

Maybe you need to wake up. Where was he the first two months of the season? This is an AA team for the year not the past month. Goodes, Knights and Hayes have been better over the past month anyway. Morton and Davey are the only players in contention from Melbourne.

He was playing good footy up until 4 weeks ago.

And now he is playing insane footy. Better than anyone including the three guys you mentioned.

My smokeys for AA selection would be

Shannon Hurn - One of the more damaging HBF in the league and would be top 3 in Eagles best and fairest

Paul Bower - Provides great run from CHB and does a reasonable job closing down on his opponent

Clint Jones - Best tagger in the league bar none

Colin Sylvia - Would almost be the best player in the comp atm based on the past month of football. In sublime touch

Rhyce Shaw - Much better player than Heath

Those are the worst smokey's I have ever seen. None of them will be even remotely considered at this stage and rightfully so. I mean Hurn top 3 in the Eagles B&F...??? Boy that's something to add to the resume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id slot him onto a HFF. Not many midfielders in the game can score goals like he can atm.
What?? Where was he the first 7 rounds. My pet hate about AA discussions is people basing everything on the most recent few rounds. Davis, Higgins, Goodes, Knights, Chapman, Aker have all had better seasons to be considered on the HF line.

What?? Where was he the first 7 rounds. My pet hate about AA discussions is people basing everything on the most recent few rounds. Davis, Higgins, Goodes, Knights, Chapman, Aker have all had better seasons to be considered on the HF line.

Fair enough. I can just see him continuing this form. Obviously if it drops off he wont get near AA but to th is point he averages 22 possessions 7 marks 1 goal per game which is great going for the role he plays

one name that i haven't seen mentioned anywhere is harry obrien. he should at least be in the initial list of 40 or whatever it is as a defender. has had an exceptional season to date shutting out opponents week after week and also starting to offer more rebound out of defence. can play on small or medium sized forwards as well so very adaptable

one name that i haven't seen mentioned anywhere is harry obrien. he should at least be in the initial list of 40 or whatever it is as a defender. has had an exceptional season to date shutting out opponents week after week and also starting to offer more rebound out of defence. can play on small or medium sized forwards as well so very adaptable
Post #220. I think he'd be close, but he had a flat spot from about rounds 5 - 8. I think.

I love Harry... but I don't think he's quite there yet. He has been better in recent weeks but a couple of months ago he was struggling. As I said earlier I believe that Maxwell has been better so far this year.

Brad Johnson has had a good year so far, not great but still good.. and seems to be getting better every week and has found an extra yard of pace again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back