Resource 2009 finals tickets thread (updated for Grand Final ticket ballot results)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, too much editing and merging around these parts.

Those who missed out in the ballot definitely deserve a separate thread for the opportunity to get a ticket.

So.....any chance of us making a new thread that won't be merged, PLEASE
I have to go to work in a few minutes and I would really like to be the first post anyone sees when they open the thread

BDP can be my #2

Awwwww thanks bro :)

Yep go for it. If it gets cluttered I'll merge it later in the week!

Sweeet

Looking for a single ticket - do you have any spare. That's all.
1:thumbsu:

nope i didnt get up mate... im looking for 2 myself

If anyone has 2 Conncessions tickets that they want to sell please text me on 0448519074. Please i have missed 2007 and 2008 Grand Finals and i don't want to miss another one.

I used a search bar on top of the page. Enter the no. and it will highlight.
If only i knew that before...before i printed off 36 pages of numbers:p:mad::thumbsu:...definetly off too the biig dance this saturday; my confirmation number came up. And by the looks of it prime seating = sitting up in the clouds or sitting behind the goals....:cool::D:eek:.
Previous grannies have been in standing room only, so really no need to complain.

If only i knew that before...before i printed off 36 pages of numbers:p:mad::thumbsu:...definetly off too the biig dance this saturday; my confirmation number came up. And by the looks of it prime seating = sitting up in the clouds or sitting behind the goals....:cool::D:eek:.
Previous grannies have been in standing room only, so really no need to complain.

:D:D Hope your number came up on page 2 or 3 and not 33!! :D

Hahahah yeah, its a bit different from last year. Ticketmaster put them in numerical order and you had to scroll. Ticketek is not.

Dam i wanna go now and pick up the tickets!!!! I will be up in the gods tho, no doubt. I put down for only Standard/ restricted or standing room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D:D Hope your number came up on page 2 or 3 and not 33!! :D

Hahahah yeah, its a bit different from last year. Ticketmaster put them in numerical order and you had to scroll. Ticketek is not.

Dam i wanna go now and pick up the tickets!!!! I will be up in the gods tho, no doubt. I put down for only Standard/ restricted or standing room.
Not sure if you have been in standing room before but I suggest get there a few hours early. I was in standing room for 07 Grand FInal... Got there about midday and we allready were second row back in standing room. Also, if its possible, take a little blanket or pillow in a bag so you can sit down before the game starts... I was on my feet non stop from 12 till 5 standing in the same spot and my legs were killing me.

People are very rude too... Make sue if you want food get one person to go get it and one person keep your spot.... They wouldnt let us back in after quarter time so we were about 6 people deep.

If you get there and your bay is full, have a look around at the bays either side - They dont check tickets for standing room!

How can you tell? I haven't picked up tickets til noon and I went for No standing room but Premium and up if available.

I hate this ballot system. Very unfair, doesn't reward loyalty. It should consider the # of games attended (inc. lead-up finals).
The September Member concept is WRONG, you can never become one unless someone drops off - and these same old flogs get rewarded every year with a ticket. Just a money spin off for the club.
The GF predominates with non-supporters, mainly by-standers interested in the biggest game.
I hope for HEAVY RAIN and STORMS, as predicted!:thumbsdown:
ps. this will favour my cats!

Yeah thanks C2R. I used to stand all the time back in the day, at KP. I know how it works. Will definitely get there early, should the tix be standing room. :thumbsu:

Footwear is also a consideration. Def runners with cushioning... no casual runners and def NO heels. Lol.... id be on the floor before the bounce if I wore heels...

Credit Card and ID is all we need to take when picking up tickets?!
Hope so. Got 4 concession tickets to the GF (lucky :eek:) and am planning on going down to GPAC later this afternoon to pick up tickets. Dad's credit card, id, confomation number all needed? I can't imagine they need concession cards, as you can say the tickets are going to 14 year olds...

I hate this ballot system. Very unfair, doesn't reward loyalty. It should consider the # of games attended (inc. lead-up finals).
The September Member concept is WRONG, you can never become one unless someone drops off - and these same old flogs get rewarded every year with a ticket. Just a money spin off for the club.
The GF predominates with non-supporters, mainly by-standers interested in the biggest game.
Yes but at least September Member rewards those who were loyal enough to buy it before it was likely we'd make the GF.

How can you tell? I haven't picked up tickets til noon and I went for No standing room but Premium and up if available.

I too wen't for BEST AVAIL' TICKET EXCLUDING STANDING ROOM; also the monies deducted from my mastercard were $214.00 which = Prime seating !? So i'm gathering that's a good indication....YES/NO !?

Get over it FFS.

I am one of these flogs with a September Membership, and let me tell you, I pay the extra money to not end up like you, sitting in front of the TV missing out on the big day. I signed up for this pakage from year 1 of it's release. This was at a time when we weren't even sure we could survive in the comp let alone make GF's. I wanted to avoid having to chance my arm in a random draw, so I paid extra so I didn't have to do that. I also reasoned that even if we didn't make the GF, the money is a donation to the club to help keep it a going concern.

With the money i've paid for my SM each year, plus the cost of the GF's tickets themselves, it still works out that it has cost me $500 a pop. The difference is I don't want to take my chances just to save a few bucks, I want to be therem and I want my money in the hands of my club, not a scalper, 'authoroized ticket onseller', or other club.

You are lucky you even have the chance to geta ticket at the straight up price. You missed out, that's life. If you want to go, you're just going to have to pay a little more, like most of us that are going to be there on the day have.

Get over it FFS.

I am one of these flogs with a September Membership, and let me tell you, I pay the extra money to not end up like you, sitting in front of the TV missing out on the big day. I signed up for this pakage from year 1 of it's release. This was at a time when we weren't even sure we could survive in the comp let alone make GF's. I wanted to avoid having to chance my arm in a random draw, so I paid extra so I didn't have to do that. I also reasoned that even if we didn't make the GF, the money is a donation to the club to help keep it a going concern.

With the money i've paid for my SM each year, plus the cost of the GF's tickets themselves, it still works out that it has cost me $500 a pop. The difference is I don't want to take my chances just to save a few bucks, I want to be therem and I want my money in the hands of my club, not a scalper, 'authoroized ticket onseller', or other club.

You are lucky you even have the chance to geta ticket at the straight up price. You missed out, that's life. If you want to go, you're just going to have to pay a little more, like most of us that are going to be there on the day have.

Well said diablo.

I'm not a September Member and therefore missed out on the ballot in 2007 and 2008. I was in no position to complain (and I ended up getting tickets to both years regardless) because I didn't fork out the extra $150 for SM.

It bugs me when people complain on missing out on the ballot. I haven't missed a Victorian game in 4-5 years, including finals, but why should I get preference over anyone else if I'm not prepared to pay for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back