Resource 2009 finals tickets thread (updated for Grand Final ticket ballot results)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
missed out this year, know its a slim chance but if anyone cannot use there ticket please let me know. On the subject of standing room get there as soon as possible, i arrived at 11 in 07 and could only see half the ground.

Get over it FFS.

I am one of these flogs with a September Membership, and let me tell you, I pay the extra money to not end up like you, sitting in front of the TV missing out on the big day. I signed up for this pakage from year 1 of it's release. This was at a time when we weren't even sure we could survive in the comp let alone make GF's. I wanted to avoid having to chance my arm in a random draw, so I paid extra so I didn't have to do that. I also reasoned that even if we didn't make the GF, the money is a donation to the club to help keep it a going concern.

With the money i've paid for my SM each year, plus the cost of the GF's tickets themselves, it still works out that it has cost me $500 a pop. The difference is I don't want to take my chances just to save a few bucks, I want to be therem and I want my money in the hands of my club, not a scalper, 'authoroized ticket onseller', or other club.

You are lucky you even have the chance to geta ticket at the straight up price. You missed out, that's life. If you want to go, you're just going to have to pay a little more, like most of us that are going to be there on the day have.

My point is one cannot even become a September Member that easy I have tried since 05', and have to wait until some drop off - as there is only limited numbers. I have travelled interstate numerous times, gone to all finals since the 90s begun. I am not having a go at the supporters, just the CRAP system available - there is no loyalty to those that go a hell of a lot more often than others (who seem to end up with a ticket in their lap).
I am not a new comer like many have become - so shove it. Bring on the rain, bring on the thunder - as it will help the cats win and soak alot of the 1-game a season attendees. The true club supporter's final is the PRELIM anyway......GF = corporate greed.

My point is one cannot even become a September Member that easy I have tried since 05', and have to wait until some drop off - as there is only limited numbers.

That's not right - are you sure you don't mean Social Club?

I know of people who joined September Member after we won the flag in 2007 and were offered the membership in early 2008 - essentially they were on the waiting list for six months.

My point is one cannot even become a September Member that easy I have tried since 05', and have to wait until some drop off - as there is only limited numbers. I have travelled interstate numerous times, gone to all finals since the 90s begun. I am not having a go at the supporters, just the CRAP system available - there is no loyalty to those that go a hell of a lot more often than others (who seem to end up with a ticket in their lap).
I am not a new comer like many have become - so shove it. Bring on the rain, bring on the thunder - as it will help the cats win and soak alot of the 1-game a season attendees. The true club supporter's final is the PRELIM anyway......GF = corporate greed.

Yeah you and hundreds of others who weren't interested in September Membership when we looked a decade away from a GF in 2001, but fell over yourselves trying to get one after we almost snuck in in 04.

Well said diablo.

I'm not a September Member and therefore missed out on the ballot in 2007 and 2008. I was in no position to complain (and I ended up getting tickets to both years regardless) because I didn't fork out the extra $150 for SM.

It bugs me when people complain on missing out on the ballot. I haven't missed a Victorian game in 4-5 years, including finals, but why should I get preference over anyone else if I'm not prepared to pay for it?

Because some people who have to work full time on s**tty wages whilst in debt up to their noses; they also have to feed a family after being on their feet for 8 hours making food for petulant lil f**kers who dont appreciate it. They get their membership as a gift from their family @ Christmas time, who themselves have had the misfortune of being unemployed at that time of year.

They are a 50 year old 2nd generation supporter who has not always had it easy; but have always been able to put food on the table and give a roof over their children's heads. They have never asked for anything in their life.

S**t on this post all you want; that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back