2009 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated:

2008_Membership-Ticker_25852.gif

Up and away

Would be good to have comparisons with last season at this time/end of December/etc. Dunno when I'm gonna get mine, but most probably sometime in February

This number would mostly consist of "Roo for Life" members who "ticked the box" last year.

That's a fact.

I doubt we will get the members buying pre-Christmas like last year.

We had about 14k before Christmas. I hope we can get close to 10k.

Limerick started a "2009 Membership Campaign" thread last night which tracks how well our memberships are going to date compared to other years. Take a look at his work you will be pleased at what you read.

By his predictions we should get the same numbers as last year, if not more. Limerick is an expert in this field and for that reason I have great faith in his prediction/projections.
Would be a good idea if this thread is stickied to put Limericks projection chart at the start of the thread.

I've already got mine.

Tried to convince the wife to sign the 2 dogs up but she wasn't convinced. :)
Big ARCHIE (photo in avatar) is already in as a baby Joey
After all he is only 18 months old (and 65kgs)
Might take him to the Dome, like to see security chuck him out:D

Below is a projection of our 2009 membership campaign compared to the previous three years. I am projecting a slower start than 2008 on the basis that we don't have the push that 6 Dec 2007 gave us last season but am projecting a similar outcome. Hopefully it will be higher. I'll update as we go.

EoM*......2006.........2007......2008............2009....... ..2009 Actual
Dec........6,000.......5,000.....14,000..........10,000..... ..3,293 (4 Dec 08)
Jan.........9,500.......8,000.....18,500.........15,000..... ..
Feb........13,000.....11,500.....23,000........20,000.......
Mar........16,000.....16,000.....29,500........25,000.......
Apr.........21,000....20,000.....33,000........30,000.......
May........23,000....21,000.....33,500........32,000.......
Jun.........24,624....22,376.....34,342........34,000.......
* End of Month

Also 2006 and 2007 didn't have the Roo Crew memberships that are included in 2008 and 2009. The 2008 total was around 1,800.

I really hope our membership tally in 2009 is greater than or at least equals that of 2008. It will go along way to proving the naysayers wrong again and it will shut up all those knobs who said we had 10000 members from other clubs supporters.

I am already one of the 2531 by the way.

Will be interesting to watch the progress against this years benchmark, getting a similar number would be an awesome result.

I have joined as an AFL member - club support NMFC, but don't get the card until Feb, however I am not sure when I officially get on to the NMFC membership count. I assume it is fairly rapid, but then again - this is the AFL..

Total now 2,840. Hopefully the numbers will start to turn over regularly to get us to 10k by the end of the month. We got to 14k in Dec 2007, but I accept it will more gradual this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I renewed my membership on the first day they were released I still have not received my membership package.
I assume there are many, many people still waiting for their membership package to arrive before they renew for 2009.
Hopefully there will be a big flood of membership renewals in the mail before xmas.

I renewed on Saturday at Arden St (Family - 4). Hopefully this is still being processed and yet to be added to the total. We need to get over 6k by Christmas simply to be ahead of 2006 (see post #9).

Hi guys, I'm new to this place, and as such quite noobish.
I will be signing up for my first NM membership and can't wait to the new season :)
I can be quite noisy and vocal with my support and have been told to keep the singing down a few notches, so I want to know, Is there anywhere in TD that can be "Noisy"? I respect that familys, old people and the clinically dull people go to watch a game of footie and don't like noise, but I like to sound my support without being a menace.
Is this possible to find a noiser area or am I resigned to the quiet seats in the back row?
Look forward to a great season :)

I will be signing up for my first NM membership and can't wait to the new season :)
I can be quite noisy and vocal with my support and have been told to keep the singing down a few notches, so I want to know, Is there anywhere in TD that can be "Noisy"? I respect that familys, old people and the clinically dull people go to watch a game of footie and don't like noise, but I like to sound my support without being a menace.
Is this possible to find a noiser area or am I resigned to the quiet seats in the back row?

Welcome aboard Englishkangafan, fabulous to have you as a new member of the club.
Your best bet would be to sit/stand with the cheer squad this is always the noisiest section of the crowd and in my opinion the best spot to be.
Cheer squad membership was only $15 in 2008 and it is a great way to support this hardworking dedicated group of people.

I renewed on Saturday at Arden St (Family - 4). Hopefully this is still being processed and yet to be added to the total. We need to get over 6k by Christmas simply to be ahead of 2006 (see post #9).

Did they get a big turn out in the Roo Shop on Saturday for the meet the player day?

The figure of 2840 has been achieved in just over a week so you would imagine that this total should double, even triple by the end of the month.
Limerick I have printed out your membership projections and refer to them constantly, many thanks for your hard work in putting it together.

Welcome aboard Englishkangafan, fabulous to have you as a new member of the club.
Your best bet would be to sit/stand with the cheer squad this is always the noisiest section of the crowd and in my opinion the best spot to be.
Cheer squad membership was only $15 in 2008 and it is a great way to support this hardworking dedicated group of people.

Cool, sounds like the way to go, how do I get involved in the cheer squad? Someone I should speak to?

Even though I renewed my membership on the first day they were released I still have not received my membership package.
I assume there are many, many people still waiting for their membership package to arrive before they renew for 2009.
Hopefully there will be a big flood of membership renewals in the mail before xmas.

Hahaha, with the whole global recession and Christmas expenses I highly doubt there'll be any big flood. Be lucky to crack 5k imo.

Getting memberships out 2 weeks later then most other clubs will hurt us in the long run. Like I said before, they should have been released alot earlier.

Hahaha, with the whole global recession and Christmas expenses I highly doubt there'll be any big flood. Be lucky to crack 5k imo.

Getting memberships out 2 weeks later then most other clubs will hurt us in the long run. Like I said before, they should have been released alot earlier.

Why on earth do you think that by sending out membership packages later than some other clubs our membership total will be affected in the long run? Xmas and the recession will still be there so your argument makes no sense to me at all.
As Limerick has pointed out members do not feel the urgency to sign up as early as last year, but believe me they will sign up in due course.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Quite a few clubs released their membership packages at the same time and even later than North.
The only clubs that got in early with renewals was Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

Our members will sign up albeit slower than last year but they will renew
and our membership will once again exceed 34,000.

A bit of optimism num please.

Any singing that brings the pommey singing is welcome. We need the singing to spark up the crowd, so your more than welcome to continue it.

Cheer squad is perfect. Even if you become a social club member, i'd love for you to join me to start the noice.

Any singing that brings the pommey singing is welcome. We need the singing to spark up the crowd, so your more than welcome to continue it.

Cheer squad is perfect. Even if you become a social club member, i'd love for you to join me to start the noice.

I Look forward to it, Am a reserved and social member? if that's right

2 lil songs I like to sing :p

Up ya ar$e
O up ya ar$e
We'll stick the blue flag up ya ar$e.
From Arden Street to Princes Park
We'll stick the ya blue flag up ya ar$e

and

If I have the wings of the magpies,
If I had the ar$e of the crows,
I'd fly over sydney tomorrow and sh1t on the basterds below :p
Deano Laidleys Blue and White Army!!!