Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone else gotten a call about a bunch of prize draws, including a thing with access to Arden area or whatever, access to rooms afterwards, signed guernsey and some wheel thing for $100?

No thank f***!

Has anyone else gotten a call about a bunch of prize draws, including a thing with access to Arden area or whatever, access to rooms afterwards, signed guernsey and some wheel thing for $100?
I did a couple of days ago.

Jenns Jenns plan to monetise those seats has backfired.
I wonder if they will offer them back to members next year or keep them general admin?

A failed idea. What did they call the bullshit lounge those seats were supposedly meant to be used for?
What a ****ing clown.

Hi guys, just seeing if anyone had 2-3 premiership club tickets they were willing to give or sell for next weeks game verse the dogs. I have a 2 year old and he gets too unsettled in his seat for long periods of time so having access to the function room is great for him to run around with other kids. We had a prem club membership last year but it wasn’t financially affordable this year.

Happy to pay, and you would be helping me and my partner bring a little shinboner to the footy to smash the puppies!

Cheers 🙏

Today the club emailed me to say happy birthday; it's the wrong day but close enough, nice gesture etc. Then I noticed there's a link in the email to say 'Not your birthday? Let us know at this link and we'll update' or something that effect. No big deal but I thought, they may as well know the correct date (which should be on my membership for the last 30 years, but, anyway). Get to the landing page and you can't even change the date, there's no option for doing that (just name email and phone number) (why mention that it can be changed on the email when it's not an option...:'() So then I went on a long frustrating journey via Ticketmaster to see if it's connected to that as the membership services are now linked. Can't change d.o.b. there either (not that I could see, anyway). So now I'm unreasonably irritated 😂 ah well.

A win on the weekend :sparkles:🤞:) would be the ideal gift!

Today the club emailed me to say happy birthday; it's the wrong day but close enough, nice gesture etc. Then I noticed there's a link in the email to say 'Not your birthday? Let us know at this link and we'll update' or something that effect. No big deal but I thought, they may as well know the correct date (which should be on my membership for the last 30 years, but, anyway). Get to the landing page and you can't even change the date, there's no option for doing that (just name email and phone number) (why mention that it can be changed on the email when it's not an option...:'() So then I went on a long frustrating journey via Ticketmaster to see if it's connected to that as the membership services are now linked. Can't change d.o.b. there either (not that I could see, anyway). So now I'm unreasonably irritated 😂 ah well.

A win on the weekend :sparkles:🤞:) would be the ideal gift!
Happy birthday

This is as good a place as any to put this

So I went away and did some math around home game attendances.

I know we are often shitcanned in the media bout our poor crowds and I have banged on a bit about how pure numbers is not an apples to apples comparison.

so I went and made one

Using a teams membership figures from here (except ours)

You end up with a table like the below for clubs with their worst attended home games in Melbourne(or Geelong).

Club2024 membership tally2024 worst attended home game% of membership
Richmond
96270​
19040​
19.78​
Melbourne
64495​
16256​
25.21​
Saint Kilda
59043​
17992​
30.47​
Geelong
84227​
27967​
33.20​
NMFC
49666​
17781​
35.80​
Hawthorn
80000​
29664​
37.08​
Dogs
58523​
21796​
37.24​
Carlton
104952​
39597​
37.73​
Collingwood
95000​
37433​
39.40​
Essendon
81788​
37295​
45.60​

Using the above we would require a crowd of 9823 to have an attendance as low as the poorest comparative crowd this year.

If you use % of membership base as the basis for comparison it indicates who's members are showing up for who relative to the amount of people they could draw (I think membership tallies are nonsense but it gives us a line to compare from).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On behalf of everyone here at the North Melbourne Kangaroos, we want to extend a heartfelt thanks to you, our members, as we mark the achievement of surpassing 50,000 members for the third straight year.

Your dedication, passion and support at matches, in the community, and through your membership means everything to us. Your loyalty motivates us to strive for excellence both on and off the field.

You only have to look back to our last win in Melbourne over Gold Coast in Round 17 to see how your roar got us over the line in a tight one. None of us will forget the noise at the final siren and the happy faces that greeted us after the game. They are the memories that drive us.

The thrilling final moments between North Melbourne and Gold Coast in Round 17
It’s been a tough few seasons but since the mid-year bye we’ve seen more and more evidence that our future is bright. We’ve got the youngest list in the competition and some of our young stars have been behind this season’s most memorable moments. Our best is very clearly yet to come.

With your continued support, we know we will create many more of those memories and celebrate our achievements together. Whether you’ve been with us from the beginning or have recently joined, your presence and your voice makes a difference, and we are truly grateful that you are part of the Kangaroos family.

This weekend, we celebrate you, our valued members for Member Appreciation Round.

Join us as we take on the Tigers for our final Melbourne home game this season and make a fanfare about you. Take part in all the excitement, enjoy the free giveaways, and let’s sing our song loud and proud.

Don’t worry Tassie members, we’ll be celebrating you in Round 22. And to all of our interstate and international members, we haven’t forgotten you either! Keep your eyes out - we have something planned especially for you.

Go Roos!

Jy and Luke

50 Thousand members is theoretically great. I am sure there is ROI with the figures I just have one question.

Where are all these people?

Below are 2 graphs.
Graph 1
  • vs Gold Coast
  • at Docklands
  • Crowd Vs Membership numbers

Graph 2
  • vs Richmond
  • at docklands
  • Crowd vs membership numbers

(before anyone asks why the membership lines are not identical it is due to the games being on different years and hence different membership tallies to reference against.)

1722296159802.png

1722296973866.png

I am interested in what the figures look like on the weekend. Yes both teams are bottom of the table but both teams will be looking for a rare win.

Our last crowd at Docklands vs Richmond was 22k, less than half our current membership tally. We should be getting more than 22k on our own let alone the Richmond supporters that will actually attend Docklands.

I look at these graphs and can't help but think there is a fair it of pissing down my back and telling me it is raining. How many of these memberships are our sponsors buying them and then them being given away to people who don't go tot he footy.

50 Thousand members is theoretically great. I am sure there is ROI with the figures I just have one question.

Below are 2 graphs.
Graph 1
  • vs Gold Coast
  • at Docklands

Graph 2
  • vs Richmond
  • at docklands

(before anyone asks why the membership lines are not identical it is due to the games being on different years and hence different membership tallies to reference against.)

View attachment 2063310

View attachment 2063331

I am interested in what the figures look like on the weekend. Yes both teams are bottom of the table but both teams will be looking for a rare win.

Our last crowd at Docklands vs Richmond was 22k, less than half our current membership tally. We should be getting more than 22k on our own let alone the Richmond supporters that will actually attend Docklands.

I look at these graphs and can't help but think there is a fair it of pissing down my back and telling me it is raining. How many of these memberships are our sponsors buying them and then them being given away to people who don't go tot he footy.
all clubs absolutely inflate their membership numbers in a number of ways, none of the totals reflect the footy going section of the fans.

that being said, im a member and i haven't been able to attend a game since round 6. Don't live in melbourne and my first kid was born so there's a list of things that are currently put on hold for some amount of time. So that's one example of a member who doesn't go.

Below are 2 graphs.
Graph 1
  • vs Gold Coast
  • at Docklands

Graph 2
  • vs Richmond
  • at docklands

View attachment 2063310

View attachment 2063331

People don't want to show up and feel shit about a half time performance leading to us losing again.
Plain and simple, its not an environment that a lot of fans don't want to be a part of.
Start winning, start playing exiting football and people will show up.

Yes the last few weeks have been great, but even some of those games have been pretty iffy.

People don't want to show up and feel shit about a half time performance leading to us losing again.
Plain and simple, its not an environment that a lot of fans don't want to be a part of.

Yes the last few weeks have been great, but even some of those games have been pretty iffy.
Jeez that’s a cop out you go whether your winning or not to say supporters won’t come until we start winning please.
But I can see what will happen when we start winning and we get to a Grand Final those non supporters more then likely will get Grand Final ticket where the supporters who are die in the wool supporters who have supported the NMFC in good and bad times for 30,40 and 50+ years miss out.
Thats what pisses me off you support your club by attending games no matter what no matter what.

Yeah nah. I've got much better things to do than go to the footy and be miserable for 5 hours door to door. Up until very recently going to the footy has not been a fun experience in the slightest.

Yeah nah. I've got much better things to do than go to the footy and be miserable for 5 hours door to door. Up until very recently going to the footy has not been a fun experience in the slightest.

These things explain the down turn.

IE dropping from 17k to 14k turning up to a Gold Coast game.

What they don't really account for is the lack of upturn that is in anyway commiserate with increase in member numbers.

Is the answer we sign up more people who then opt not to go to the football? This is at best counter intuitive at worst implausible.

Of that 50,000 membership total I would guesstimate that there would be 35000 Melbourne residents, 5,000 Perth, 3,000 Tassie, 2,000 South Australia and the other 5,000 country/double ups/ non attending donations.

I don't think the downturn in game attendance is that surprising really.

Jeez that’s a cop out you go whether your winning or not to say supporters won’t come until we start winning please.
But I can see what will happen when we start winning and we get to a Grand Final those non supporters more then likely will get Grand Final ticket where the supporters who are die in the wool supporters who have supported the NMFC in good and bad times for 30,40 and 50+ years miss out.
Thats what pisses me off you support your club by attending games no matter what no matter what.

Life is unfair. Before you start I go every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back